Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition (2330 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Challenges Court Order Declaring IPOB Terrorist Organisation / Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai / Arewa Youths Urge UN To Label IPOB Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 25, 2017
The aim of this post is to inform those who think United state approval is needed for a country to classify a group terrorist. Classification of any group as a terrorist organization solely depend on individual country opinion, classification and national Security.

Below are some list of Terrorist organization recognized by thier countries as terrorist organization but not considered terrorist group by United State of America.
There are many of such cases. but let me just name three.

1. Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj recognized by only India as terrorist group

Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj (ABNES) is a group founded in 1979 in Varanasi, India, whose stated purpose is to work for the unity amongst, and welfare of Nepalese people residing in India.[1] On July 2002 it was declared a terrorist organisation, and banned by the Ministry of Home Affairs.[2][1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhil_Bharat_Nepali_Ekta_Samaj

2 All Tripura Tiger Force recognized by only India as terrorist group

The All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) is a Tripuri nationalist insurgent group active in the Tripura region of India. It was founded on July 11, 1990, by a group of former Tripura National Volunteer members under the leadership of Ranjit Debbarma. The ATTF is currently considered a terrorist organisation by India.[1][2] The rebellion, in which it is involved is the Tripura Rebellion. According to the South Asian Terrorism Portal, approximately 90% of the ATTF's administration are Hindu and the rest are Muslims.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Tripura_Tiger_Force

3 The Gülen movement recognized by only Turkey as terrorist group
The Gülen movement (Gülen Hareketi, in Turkish) is an Islamic transnational religious and social movement led by Turkish preacher Fethullah Gülen, who has lived in the United States since 1999.[4] The movement has no official name but it is usually referred to as Hizmet ("the Service"wink, or Hizmet Hareketi ("the Service Movement"wink, by its followers and as Cemaat ("the Community/Assembly"wink by the broader public in Turkey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BClen_movement.

Note: There are organizations recognized as terrorist group by United State that are not recognized as terrorist group by Russia or China and vice versa. Examples are Hamas and Hezbollah which are considered terrorist by United State while China and Russia consider them as legitimate political parties.

Summary: United state approval is not needed to classify a group a terrorist group by any country. A group is only a terrorist group within a country that classify it as such. Such as when western countries and United state considered Nelson Mandela terrorist But in Africa he was considered an activist for Justice.

For more details on list of terrorist group not recognized as terrorist by all countries see below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_groups

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by attacker321: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2017
Good. So IPOB is a terrorist organization to Nigeria ONLY.

We are cool with that. cool

Una go die on top this matter o.

USA is the police/leader of the world today.

16 Likes

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 25, 2017
attacker321:

USA is the police/leader of the world today.

US not recognizing a group as terrorist does not mean US support the group or will fight for the group over the country.
United State can be in complete support of a country without agreeing with them on the classification of a group as terrorist.

Example is Turkey. Turkey is United State NATO ally. United state disagree with Turkey in classifying Gullen Movement terrorist.
Despite that, United State does not stop Turkey government crackdown on Gullen movement supporters.

A lot of Gullen Movement supporters have been sacked, imprisoned, killed by Turkey Govt with United State doing Nothing about it.

There are many problems in the world that requires United state attention. United State focus on selected few and ignore others.
IPOB and federal government issue is too insignificant for united state government direct involvement.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by cosby02(m): 11:59am On Sep 25, 2017
In as much as IPOB being a terrorist or not is non of my business. I dont know why people think we need approval of USA to run our affairs in Nigeria.
It is gullible to think USA must always order our steps when Nigeria is not a state under US government.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Cinkq: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
Op. forgot to add ISIS.
( a breakaway faction of ALQAIDA) a terror group founded by osama bin ladin.
The US sees nothing bad in what ISIS is doing in syria since 2011.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by eagleeye2: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
attacker321:

Amen
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by PointZerom: 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
cosby02:
In as much as IPOB being a terrorist or not is non of my business. I dont know why people think we need approval of USA to run our affairs in Nigeria.
It is gullible to think USA must always order our steps when Nigeria is not a state under US government.

When a child eats too much food, he can poo inside the pot without knowing that the pot was instrumental to the food he ate.

Mr man, why do your govnt go to US for help if you're not under them?. You need US more than you think they need you if at all they need you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by attacker321: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
life2017:

US not recognizing a group as terrorist does not mean US support the group or will fight for the group over the country.
United State can be in complete support of a country with agreeing with them on classify a group terrorist.

Example is Turkey. Turkey is United State NATO ally. United state disagree with Turkey in classifying Gullen Movement terrorist.
Despite that, United State does not stop Turkey government crackdown on Gullen movement supporters.

A lot of Gullen Movement supporters have been sacked, imprisoned, killed by Turkey Govt with United State doing Nothing about it.

There are many problems in the world that requires United state attention. United State focus on selected few and ignore others.
IPOB and federal government issue is too insignificant for united state government direct involvement.

Oga where did we tell you that US is supporting IPOB?

We are only repeating the position of the US government that IPOB is not a terrorist organization to them, simple.

Why are you having seizures like an earthwarm sprayed with salt? cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Nukualofa: 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cinkq:
Op forgot to add ISIS.( A break awy faction of ALQAIDA)
Infact the US sees nothing bad in what isis is doing in syria since 2011.
What did Saudi Arabia do about ISIS or is Isis not synonymous with Islam again
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Cinkq: 12:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
Nukualofa:
What did Saudi Arabia do about ISIS or is Isis not synonymous with Islam again
yes you are correct ISIS was created by US and saudi to destabilize and bring all the countries in the midle east into submision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by iConductor: 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
[s]
life2017:
The aim of the post is to inform those who think United state approval is needed for a country to classify a group terrorist. Classification of any group as a terrorist organization solely depend on individual country opinion, classification and national Security.

Below are some list of Terrorist organization recognized by thier countries as terrorist organization but not considered terrorist group by United State of America.
There are many of such cases. but let me just name just three.

1. Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj recognized by only India as terrorist group

Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj (ABNES) is a group founded in 1979 in Varanasi, India, whose stated purpose is to work for the unity amongst, and welfare of Nepalese people residing in India.[1] On July 2002 it was declared a terrorist organisation, and banned by the Ministry of Home Affairs.[2][1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhil_Bharat_Nepali_Ekta_Samaj

2 All Tripura Tiger Force recognized by only India as terrorist group

The All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) is a Tripuri nationalist insurgent group active in the Tripura region of India. It was founded on July 11, 1990, by a group of former Tripura National Volunteer members under the leadership of Ranjit Debbarma. The ATTF is currently considered a terrorist organisation by India.[1][2] The rebellion, in which it is involved is the Tripura Rebellion. According to the South Asian Terrorism Portal, approximately 90% of the ATTF's administration are Hindu and the rest are Muslims.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Tripura_Tiger_Force

3 The Gülen movement recognized by only Turkey as terrorist group
The Gülen movement (Gülen Hareketi, in Turkish) is an Islamic transnational religious and social movement led by Turkish preacher Fethullah Gülen, who has lived in the United States since 1999.[4] The movement has no official name but it is usually referred to as Hizmet ("the Service"wink, or Hizmet Hareketi ("the Service Movement"wink, by its followers and as Cemaat ("the Community/Assembly"wink by the broader public in Turkey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BClen_movement.

Note: There are organizations recognized as terrorist group by United State that are not recognized as terrorist group by Russia or China and vice versa. Examples are Hamas and Hezbollah which are considered terrorist by United State while China and Russia consider them as legitimate political parties.

Summary: United state approval is not needed to classify a group a terrorist group by any country. A group is only a terrorist group within a country that classify it as such. Such as when western countries and United state considered Nelson Mandela terrorist But in Africa he was considered an activist for Justice.

For more details on list of terrorist group not recognized as terrorist by all countries see below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_groups
[/s]

So who exactly did IPOB kill? And why are you slamming your head on coal tar to remain in the same country with "terrorists" who want to stay away from you?

Nigerian unity begging terrorists especially the Yoruba moozlems among them are really pathetic walaghi cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by RomeSankara: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
I was expecting a useless thread like this since yesterday because I know useless Buhari supporters no dey carry last for useless things like this

4 Likes

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Nukualofa: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cinkq:
yes you are correct ISIS was created by US and saudi to destabilse and bring all the countries in the midle east into submision.
Shame on you if a Christian can use your Qur'an to destabilize a Muslim and use it to make them to kill themselves.

Your religion is a scam then and full of violence
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
RomeSankara:
I was expecting a useless thread like this since yesterday because I know useless Buhari supporters no dey carry last for useless things like this

Because you know it is a fact that does not support your position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by victorvezx(m): 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
HAMAS is recognized as a terrorist group by America and Israel, but China and Russia does not recognize them as terrorist group. Hezbollah is recognized as a terrorist group by Israel and America, but Russia and China does not recognize them as terrorist group, Russia does not even hinder support for Hezbollah by Syrian government. Each country have the power to define what a terror group is to them, and America won't do Sh.it!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Cinkq: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Nukualofa:
Shame on you if a Christian can use your Qur'an to destabilize a Muslim and use it to make them to kill themselves.

Your religion is a scam then and full of violence
you see this kind of post is one of the reasons i don't like interracting with some of you here. Now i can't remember discussing my religion with you or anyone since i joined this forum,what now makes you to believe i'm a muslim is what i don't understand.

It is sad that Some of you are christians but christ is not in you, most of you think to be a christian is a license to be hating on muslims or the unbelievers. I have nothing to proof to you about my religion,you can keep believing whatever you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by capatainrambo: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
they are all mislim sects

as expected undecided
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cinkq:
you see this kind of post is one of the reasons i don't like interracting with some of you here. Now i can't remember discussing my religion with you or anyone since i joined this forum,what now makes you to believe i'm a muslim is what i don't understand.

It is sad that Some of you are christians but christ is not in you, most of you think to be a christian is a license to be hating on muslims or the unbelievers. I have nothing to proof to you about my religion,you can keep believing whatever you want.
word
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by CrtlAltDel: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
cosby02:
Gbam….. I love when people use facts and not emotions to slap these Igbos in the face, they resort to insults when they cant counter your argument with fact grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by cosby02(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
RomeSankara:
It's obvious NIGERIA isn't really Igbos problem but BUHARI. Cos any one is support of Nigeria or against BIAFRA is now Buhari's supporter.
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by RomeSankara: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
cosby02:

It's obvious NIGERIA isn't really Igbos problem but BUHARI. Cos any one is support of Nigeria or against BIAFRA is now Buhari's supporter.

Its obvious tribalism is Buhari's supporters issue and not IPOB because anybody that criticises the bad govt is immediately termed IPOB ..I am not Igbo so Park well jare
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by cosby02(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
RomeSankara:
RomeSankara:

Its obvious tribalism is Buhari's supporters issue and not IPOB because anybody that criticises the bad govt is immediately termed IPOB ..I am not Igbo so Park well jare
If you are not a hypocrite, what'sthe correlation between your comment and the thread? BUHARI supporters and IPOB tongue
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by RomeSankara: 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
cosby02:

If you are not an hypocrite, what'sthe correlation between your comment and the thread?

Everytime Buhari does something wrong many zombies here always go an do some haphazard research to try to justify a wrong ....even if shots on his pants on TV the next day you see a thread with a stupid title like " 6 other countries whose presidents have shit in their pants and still continued in office"
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by cosby02(m): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
RomeSankara:

Everytime Buhari does something wrong many zombies here always go an do some haphazard research to try to justify a wrong ....even if shots on his pants on TV the next day you see a thread with a stupid title like " 6 other countries whose presidents have shit in their pants and still continued in office"
The definition of the word 'wrong' is relative i hope you know... Moreover, is IPOB fighting BUHARI or Nigeria
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by RomeSankara: 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
cosby02:

The definition of the word 'wrong' is relative i hope you know

When it comes to Buhari wrong means wrong and there can't be any other context to it
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by cosby02(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
RomeSankara:

When it comes to Buhari wrong means wrong and there can't be any other context to it
Good and bad, wrong and right is not general...What's wrong to you must not be wrong to me. We should learn to respect the opinion and belief of others even if we dont share same. Thats the only way there could be peace in the society.
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by RomeSankara: 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
cosby02:

Good and bad, wrong and right is not general...What's wrong to you must not be wrong to me.

I say receive sense in Jesus Name Now Now

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by GavelSlam: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cinkq:

It's their modus operandi.

Once you say anything contrary to their bias you are either 'Afonja' or a Northerner or Muslim.

What they don't understand is there's nothing wrong with being either.

By the way, they dislike the use of logical arguments.

They detest intelligence and surely they have a mob mentality.

Nice write-up by the Op.
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Demmzy15(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cinkq:
[s]yes you are correct ISIS was created by US and saudi to destabilize and bring all the countries in the midle east into submision.[/s]

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Cinkq: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
GavelSlam:

It's their modus operandi.

Once you say anything contrary to their bias you are either 'Afonja' or a Northerner or Muslim.

What they don't understand is there's nothing wrong with being either.

By the way, they dislike the use of logical arguments.

They detest intelligence and surely they have a mob mentality.

Nice write-up by the Op.
they can't talk politics without mentioning religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Asidy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
Proudly Aboki!

WHAT IS ALL THE RHETORICS ABOUT THE ABOKIS:

Aboki only writes and speaks English under duress because Aboki already has a matured, developed language to speak and to write. Aboki has had a civilised administrative system before the whites ever thought of coming. Aboki wore clothes at a time when the "noisy neighbors" were roaming around naked! Aboki established the "biggest", most sophisticated empire in west Africa as far back as the 18th century. Aboki, just like the English, French, Chinese could read and write in his own language as far back as the 14th century. The architectural masterpiece of the Aboki was therefore​ everyone as far back as 1423. Aboki was never enslaved, nor sold to slavery or chained like an animal by any European or Caucasian race! The Aboki people are the largest and most spread people in west Africa! Aboki's language is most widely spoken language in west Africa, third most in Africa! Aboki's language is so important that the British, American, German, French, and Chinese broadcasting all have it's service being aired! Aboki was the richest in the 50's (Alhassan Dantata), richest in the 80's (Maideribe), and richest in the 21st century (Dangote). And these were what the whites observed before they decided bequeathing "ruling power" to the Aboki when they were leaving.
Re: IPOB: Terrorist Group Recognised By Thier Countries Without US Recognition by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 26, 2017
Cinkq:
they can't talk politics without mentioning religion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Eagles vs Federal character / PHOTOS: Armed Men Attack Olu Of Igbokoda, Oba Odidiomo Ayowole / Where Is Buhari's Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.