Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? (906 Views)

These White Girls Complain / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / "My Boyfriend Can Never Complain Because I Give Him Everything" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by deturla: 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
I was all over the Internet when I stumbled on a post made by Naijasinglegirl on a Deeper Life wedding she attended and the comments on the content shocked me!

See the Number 1 picture below as shared on NSG and the comments that followed afterwards:

My friend got married in a deeper life church. No make up, no earrings, they exchanged bibles and not rings, the wife covered her hair. Her wedding gown was like it once belonged to her granny. She endured all these assault. She only showed her true colour when they wouldn’t let her family into the church on grounds that they were too ‘flashy’. She told the husband in front of the pastor to call his church to order or the wedding was off! Her family must witness her wedding or no wedding at all. The groom saw that she was serious and called to pastor aside, the family was then allowed to enter. The funniest part was after the wedding, she refused to snap any pictures. We no even know sey her sister brot her make up kit and jewelry, even a beautiful wedding gown was waiting in the car. She just disappeared for like 30 mins and returned transformed. We all couldn’t believe our eyes! She said she was now ready to snap pictures. The pastor got angry and left. She no even mind. I later asked her why she did that. She said na husband she marry, she no marry church. Her husband knew about the plan. He didn’t really approve but she made him know that dressing like her grandmother on her wedding will not make her a better wife in his house. And being beautiful and trendy will not make her the worst wife in his house.

See another comment by another Nigerian girl:

Nawa oo. This wedding pics makes me terribly depressed, almost scaring me away from marriage. Dear Lord pls come to Cherryðoc’s aid. Tell me that when the time comes she won’t insist we marry in Deeper Life. Pls tell me it would be all I have ever dreamed of. Lord give me sign!

Another comment yet again:

My uncle married a lady from Deeper Life, but apparently her dad was excommunicated from the church because he let his daughter marry an Anglican �. This was after making my uncle drag his priest to meet their pastor.
I thought we were serving the same God.

My question is, are there issues with the wedding doctrines of Deeper Life church? Why do we have a lot of grievances on the part of Nigerian ladies with respect to the doctrines of Deeper life on weddings.

If you were the bride and you were given commandments to follow being a member of a deeper life church, will you cancel your wedding because of this?

Have you been to a Deeper life wedding before, and you can relate to the above deeper life wedding pictures? Share your comments below!

http://deedeesblog.com/deeper-life-wedding-pictures/

cc: lalasticlala
mynd44

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by peddyman(m): 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Deeper life church marriage... Best ever... Christ like marriage... Fct
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by MhizzAJ(f): 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Which one is Christ like marriage again
Their pattern is a very big turn off
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by eberetos: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
I am more crazy about marriage, not wedding....I can marry in deeper life.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by peddyman(m): 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Only decent dressing is allow...wic shows a marriage founded on goo moral
MhizzAJ:
Which one is Christ like marriage again
Their pattern is a very big turn off
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by deturla: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
peddyman:

Hmmmmn....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by Lalas247(f): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
Is that one wedding cry
Mtcheew
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
we have not forgotten the blatant hypocrisy by his son and his wife, whose parents are top guys in the church, nonsense. backward gullible members

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
peddyman:
but his son is exempt abi
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by IamLEGEND1: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
Tell that bride to send me her akant number. Ain't nobody got time for hypocritical mothafuckers.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by tosyne2much(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hmm
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by deturla: 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Tell that bride to send me her akant number.
Ain't nobody got time for hypocritical mothafuckers.

This guy!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings!? by lalasticlala(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2017

(1)

If You Are Short, Look At Yourself In The Mirror Every Morning Salute And Thank / Nigerian Man Enyeobi Posts Step By Step Advise On How To Rape A Girl / Am Crushin On A Lady Who Is Older Than Me, Should I Quit The Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.