Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

This Is Why I Attacked Those Against Restructuring - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why I Attacked Those Against Restructuring - Atiku (444 Views)

IPOB Protests Against Restructuring In Port-Harcourt (VIDEO) / Yoruba Youths Kick Against Restructuring. / Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why I Attacked Those Against Restructuring - Atiku by itsdumebi(m): 8:09am On Sep 26, 2017
Former vice president and chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress has detailed reasons for saying that Northern Nigeria was not prepared for the restructuring of the Nation.

In a statement signed by his media aide, Mazi Paul Ibe, obtained by PoliticsNGR, the former VP pointed out that restructuring was not just a northern issue but a challenge of nationhood that cannot be sept under the carpet.

Atiku came under fire recently for saying that those who opposed the restructuring of Nigeria were lazy. The statement, however, clarified the position of the politician pointing out that he was referring to the Lazy elite who opposed restructuring because of political power they perceived as a permanent source of economic advantages.

"Atiku Abubakar is a Nigerian of northern origin. If he puts down the North, doesn’t he put himself down? His value as a person is irrevocably tied to that of Nigeria and the region that God chose to originate him from.

It is a historical fact that northern Nigeria, and more specifically, the Kanem Bornu Empire and southern Nigeria, more specifically, the ancient Benin Kingdom, are the birthplace of some of the oldest civilisations on earth.

What does that teach us? It teaches us that the North and the South have a great history which should be a stepping stone to an even greater future.

Northern Nigeria can learn from other regions, just as other regions can learn from northern Nigeria. Northern and southern Nigeria are in symbiosis with each other, not competition," he said.
http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/26/attacked-restructuring-atiku/
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: This Is Why I Attacked Those Against Restructuring - Atiku by LUGBE: 8:26am On Sep 26, 2017
You have spoken well
Re: This Is Why I Attacked Those Against Restructuring - Atiku by lelvin(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2017
Campaign punchline
Re: This Is Why I Attacked Those Against Restructuring - Atiku by Iykmann(m): 8:33am On Sep 26, 2017
Restructuring is now 2019 anthem
Re: This Is Why I Attacked Those Against Restructuring - Atiku by smardray(m): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2017
where is apostle Suleiman . wat will be 2023 watchword... 2015 was Change 2019 will be restructuring

#history
Re: This Is Why I Attacked Those Against Restructuring - Atiku by DaudaAbu(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2017
LUGBE:
You have spoken well

Let atiku keep campaining....seeking relevance

Jst vote him in first and see him shelve restructuring

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Unity; North VS South And The Need For Restructuring / Labour Leaders - EFCC Now Apc Tool Used In Fighting Only Opposition Party / Catalan Referendum: Catalonia Has Won Right To Statehood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.