Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car (30678 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / 6 Drivable Cars With Exterior Parts That Are Made From Unusual Materials / This Full-size And Drivable Bugatti Chiron Is Built From Pieces Of Lego Technic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Stateside: 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
erico2k2:

Cos in order to provide helps, the vibes radiating to my seems to be one of Biz Interest, why there is nothing wrong, I recon there is a lack of Judgement on your part as to waht that car might face and the value there off when it gets to 9ja.If the car was a Personal car then yes, to buy it and fix it, Nahhhhhhhh, the cost would def top N2.5 and above
If you are mechanically oriented, you will deduce from the Back pic that this car has a structural Damage, ie chassis is bent.In teh US thats Unroad worthy.U would have to cut the whole back end off and weld a new one in.you want me to go on??

Mr. Mechanically inclined, i am glad someone else pointed it out to you. Why would you need to cut off the back. Only say what you know. When you seek help and advise, you should try talking to people who know what they are talking about and not guessers like most on this forum.

And the only way to speak with knowledgeable people is to speak with people who do it daily or at least have done it before. I dont know about you but i dont work for free (May be you do)

Owner is free to make her choice. At least she have all the options on the table. Not guessers and doomsayers talking what they dont know.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Stateside:

Mr. Mechanically inclined, i am glad someone else pointed it out to you. Why would you need to cut off the back. Only say what you know. When you seek help and advise, you should try talking to people who know what they are talking about and not guessers like most on this forum.

And the only way to speak with knowledgeable people is to speak with people who do it daily or at least have done it before. I dont know about you but i dont work for free (May be you do)

Owner is free to make her choice. At least she have all the options on the table. Not guessers and doomsayers talking what they dont know.
So it is safe to say you are looking for work, why not come out and say so?
yes Im mechanically inclined so to say as its what i do day in day out, any person who fails to see that that dent is deep more than 10 Inches from that Pic is a learner and i can tell you the distance btw the Chassis and the rear bumper is not up to 10 inches.That car wont pass MOT cos it would have been labeled as having structural defect ie write off.Would have been sold for parts only not repairs.
I bought savaged cars once upon a time frm the US and UK mark for 13 years to ladipo to do up and sell. Im not alien to this.
In all I say wrong investment.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by mmb(m): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
erico2k2:

yes Im mechanically inclined so to say as its what i do day in day out, any person who fails to see that that dent is deep more than 10 Inches from that Pic is a learner and i can tell you the distance btw the Chassis and the rear bumper is not up to 10 inches.That car wont pass MOT cos it would have been labeled as having structural defect ie write off.Would have been sold for parts only not repairs.
I bought savaged cars once upon a time frm the US and UK mark for 13 years to ladipo to do up and sell. Im not alien to this.
go cut am
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Stateside: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
erico2k2:

Go ahead and advise the OP to seek advise from a school teacher then. You want to sound like you know what u are talking about, but the reverse is the case. Just go ahead and pack it in dude. At least you were able to hear from someone else that the damage does not require all that nonsense you were talking. If i had said that, you would have accused me of trying to get work at all cost.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Stateside:

Go ahead and advise the OP to seek advise from a school teacher then. You want to sound like you know what u are talking about, but the reverse is the case. Just go ahead and pack it in dude. At least you were able to hear from someone else that the damage does not require all that nonsense you were talking. If i had said that, you would have accused me of trying to get work at all cost.
You have not brought anything logical to the table except ranting.Make your argument louder not your voice.What have you said so far to encourage the do-ability of what you seek rather than seek for WORK?

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Items required -

Rear trunk
Exhaust system
Rear impact protector bar
Rear bumper
Rear lights (only if cracked)
Boot linings
Rear sensors

Only from visual inspection

Hopefully the rear wheels are still properly aligned.....
great nalysis
@ stateside have a look here instead of LOOKING FOR WORK grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Lexusgs430: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
erico2k2:

great nalysis
@ stateside have a look here instead of LOOKING FOR WORK grin grin

Thank you Oga....... I know you don't cut corners (but still awaiting my autobiography taste/test drive.........
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Lexusgs430: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
halima83:
I mistakenly bought a non-drivable car toyota corolla with rear accident from one of the auction sites in the US. and I can't cancel it.
After I clicked on buy now option I got an email from the site that my car is a none drivable. chaiii

I went back to the site and confirmed as that.

I am yet to make full payment though.

Those with experience with buying the non-drivable cars what is your take on this?

What were the issues with these types of cars?

lalasticlala please help your sister for feedback from the experts.

Madam, I hope you are picking loads of information from this thread?
You have completely divided the house on this matter (which is a good thing)......

We hope with all the many points made, we have managed to convince you, but not confuse you on a clear direction to take with this project?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Thank you Oga....... I know you don't cut corners (but still awaiting my autobiography taste/test drive.........
Yes Ohh no corner cutting when it comes to things that involves life and death.This is why I stopped importing and selling of cars, I nor get the heart to do the kine thing some people dey do grin grin grin grin grin
PS.The RRS is def coming with me when nxt I enter 9ja an nah Lasgidis E go land, I dey warm up, make I tidy few things here. cheesy cheesy
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Lexusgs430: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
erico2k2:

Yes Ohh no corner cutting when it comes to things that involves life and death.This is why I stopped importing and selling of cars, I nor get the heart to do the kine thing some people dey do grin grin grin grin grin
PS.The RRS is def coming with me when nxt I enter 9ja an nah Lasgidis E go land, I dey warm up, make I tidy few things here. cheesy cheesy

We need to paint PH red..... I no go mind make you dey jam that scrub song............
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

We need to paint PH red..... I no go mind make you dey jam that scrub song............
ahah you don start Oh oga, grin grin grin
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Lexusgs430: 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
erico2k2:

ahah you don start Oh oga, grin grin grin

And no, I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging at the passenger side of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging at the passenger side of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me

Nah so all those PH Babes go dey sing for my head, when I dey follow my Oga pose......

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by halima83: 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Madam, I hope you are picking loads of information from this thread?
You have completely divided the house on this matter (which is a good thing)......

We hope with all the many points made, we have managed to convince you, but not confuse you on a clear direction to take with this project?
what is the best advice so far Sir?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Lexusgs430: 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
halima83:
what is the best advice so far Sir?

If only I was you, I would be able to answer this question effectively....

What is your heart telling you?
What is your brain telling you?
What is your bank account telling you?
What is the general consensus on this thread?
What are close associates telling you?
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by Marpol: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2017
halima83:
I mistakenly bought a non-drivable car toyota corolla with rear accident from one of the auction sites in the US. and I can't cancel it.
After I clicked on buy now option I got an email from the site that my car is a none drivable. chaiii

I went back to the site and confirmed as that.

I am yet to make full payment though.

Those with experience with buying the non-drivable cars what is your take on this?

What were the issues with these types of cars?

lalasticlala please help your sister for feedback from the experts.

If you don't wish to pay for it then don't. The worst that would happen is that you would loose the $300 or $400 you deposited initially for the vehicle.
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by diportivo: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2017
erico2k2:

let me list the things the gods will need to start the work

Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by erico2k2(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
diportivo:

let me list the things the gods will need to start the work
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car by halima83: 7:34am On Oct 08, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New Lagos Motor Vehicle Administration Agency Proposed Rates / N15m 1986 Steyr Puch Pinzgauer 716 Spotted In Lagos / A Review Of Delta State Governor Luxury On Wheels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.