Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Rape Of Democracy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rape Of Democracy (770 Views)

Her Single Rape Story. By Funmi Akintade / Rape (A Short Story) / *rape Me Please* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape Of Democracy by gifu: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2017
Democracy is the government of the people by the people and for the people, this ideally is what I was thought in school.But in reality is this actually true?This is one question I asked myself.
Are we actually practicing democracy or another system of government because I know that in true democracy the voice of the people are heard and respected?
Today ,this is not actually true,we see the type of government we run so I compose my definition of democracy to suit what we practice.
I define democracy in Nigeria as the government of the rich to mouth sweet the poor and deceive the masses for vote during election.
What do we called a system were a free and fair election is verbally spoken but not respected, rigging has become an expectable form of election even if is not constitutional approved, meaning only those that have money wins election.
What do we call a system,where money for allocations are been embezzled by the government officers and contractors paying wickedness to the people that brought them to power.
What do you call a system graduate with merit move from office to office in their thousands looking for jobs but the high government official has prepared a place for their children yet unborn.
What do we call a system where government official loots funds and go scout free while the common man on the street rots in prison because of hundred nairas (#100).
What do we call a system where some individuals are above the law in fact there is the law of the nation making the constitution inactive.
What do we call a system in which the executive that are supposed to execute the law is even the thorns in the skin of the people?
Let count only but a few, I called this a RAPE OF DEMOCRACY,we have been RAPED I wonder who will JUDGES the offenders.
A HOME WHERE INJUSTICE IS ALLOWED THERE WILL ALWAYS BE AGILATION……
Let make things right so we can live in peace and unity
God bless Nigeria
ANIEMEKA NATHANIEL
Re: Rape Of Democracy by Fidelismaria: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: Rape Of Democracy by gifu: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
WHY THIS AGITATION
Humans terms to agitate when they feel they have been treated unfairly by the system that works in their environment specially, when the system is a complex with individual of different mindset.
Different groups from different part of the country agitating for one thing or the other. You must agree with me that this issue of agitations is happening around the globe.
This is an expression of right, is meant for government to listen ,the way is been handled can either worsen the agitation or bring solution.
If government should use force or violence to shut them up, you are given them the reason to believe that agitation is the solution mind you some of this agitations are ideology y that is transfer from generations to generation wisdom must be applied because the war of ideology can never be won by guns and arrow.
Some are calling for restructuring, what kind of restructuring if you must asked, bring all to the table and discuss, let very group express their grievances, their worries ever y other solution apart from table discussion human lives count.
“you can take a horse to the river you can’t force the horse to drink water” you can use force to hold them, for how long? Why not bring all to open table because a house divided against itself can’t not stand.
We must learn from other nations that has pass through this bridges, how the overcame. We must also look critical at what happen to Sudan also flashback what happen 1964-1967 in civil war, how many lives and properties were lose.
When it comes to national crises, anger does not bring solution but more destructions and pain. When injustices or unfairness is show to a particular region ,you don’t expect them to keep silence, they feel neglected ,rejected and abandoned because there are few in numbers .I believe bringing all to table and talk is best the country need to stand as one. The unity of Nigerian depend on how those in power handle s it.
When there is agitation there will always be solution when there is ears to listen at the round table of discussion

ANIEMEKA NATHANIEL
Re: Rape Of Democracy by gifu: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
gifu:
WHY THIS AGITATION
Humans terms to agitate when they feel they have been treated unfairly by the system that works in their environment specially, when the system is a complex with individual of different mindset.
Different groups from different part of the country agitating for one thing or the other. You must agree with me that this issue of agitations is happening around the globe.
This is an expression of right, is meant for government to listen ,the way is been handled can either worsen the agitation or bring solution.
If government should use force or violence to shut them up, you are given them the reason to believe that agitation is the solution mind you some of this agitations are ideology y that is transfer from generations to generation wisdom must be applied because the war of ideology can never be won by guns and arrow.
Some are calling for restructuring, what kind of restructuring if you must asked, bring all to the table and discuss, let very group express their grievances, their worries ever y other solution apart from table discussion human lives count.
“you can take a horse to the river you can’t force the horse to drink water” you can use force to hold them, for how long? Why not bring all to open table because a house divided against itself can’t not stand.
We must learn from other nations that has pass through this bridges, how the overcame. We must also look critical at what happen to Sudan also flashback what happen 1964-1967 in civil war, how many lives and properties were lose.
When it comes to national crises, anger does not bring solution but more destructions and pain. When injustices or unfairness is show to a particular region ,you don’t expect them to keep silence, they feel neglected ,rejected and abandoned because there are few in numbers .I believe bringing all to table and talk is best the country need to stand as one. The unity of Nigerian depend on how those in power handle s it.
When there is agitation there will always be solution when there is ears to listen at the round table of discussion

ANIEMEKA NATHANIEL

(1) (Reply)

An English Grammar Equivalent Of K.A Stroud’s Engineering Mathematics / Confession Of A Funnab Yahoo Boy (copied) / Revealed: Copywriting Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.