Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Italian Woman Marries Herself - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Italian Woman Marries Herself (660 Views)

Woman Marries And Has A Daughter With A Severely Disabled Husband / Cris Galera: Model Marries Herself After Giving Up On Men (Photo) / Nigerian Woman Marries Her Only Boyfriend Years After She Asked God For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italian Woman Marries Herself by celebsnest(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
An Italian woman on Monday tied the knot with herself in a lavish ceremony complete with white dress, three-layer wedding cake, bridesmaids and 70 guests.
According to the couple, identified as a 40-year-old fitness trainer, Laura Mesi, she did it to show to others to love themselves..

She said;

"I firmly believe that each of us must first of all love ourselves,"

"You can have a fairytale even without the prince."
The ceremony carries no legal weight.
But Ms Mesi is part of a growing trend for self-marriage - dubbed "sologamy" - in countries around the world.

Proponents of such ceremonies say it is about self-love and acceptance, and claiming the social affirmation normally reserved for couples who wed.

Laura says the idea of a solo wedding came to her two years ago, after a 12-year relationship ended.

She told La Repubblica newspaper;

"I told friends and family that if I had not found my soul-mate by my 40th birthday I would marry myself," 

"If one day I find a man with whom I can plan a future I'll be happy, but my happiness does not depend on him."
Ms Mesi says she is the first Italian woman to hold a solo ceremony. In May, a man, Nello Ruggiero, said "yes" to himself in a ceremony in Naples.

See more at>> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/italian-woman-marries/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Woman Marries Herself by celebsnest(m): 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44
Re: Italian Woman Marries Herself by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2017
Sologamy

Jesus said that this will be so in heaven. We better get used to it,

The world is coming to its end for real now smiley
Re: Italian Woman Marries Herself by GMbuharii: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
Crazy world grin
Re: Italian Woman Marries Herself by izzou(m): 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
This life sef

I can understand how she was traumatized before taking such action

40 years and no man to call her own cry cry cry

If only she waited a little, I would have married her
Re: Italian Woman Marries Herself by akinade28(f): 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
So if u nau find d man, will u divorce yourself and marry him ni
Just wondering

Crazy people everywhere
Re: Italian Woman Marries Herself by AlexCk: 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
Sooooo....

It's Mr & Mrs herself??....

I get the whole '1st love ursef' thingy, but iz it necessary to make it look more 'authentic' by marrying myself, with actual guests and all present??

Re: Italian Woman Marries Herself by Donkalio: 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
She just want to make a record, that she started it first. I believe people wil follow suit, makin her the founder & Goddess of self marriage.
Re: Italian Woman Marries Herself by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
Lmao white people. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Topic Meant For Matured Women Who Cherish Intimacy, Romance And Sex / . / 11 Reasons Why Most Wonderful Women Always Get The Worst Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.