Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

Affectionate Living - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Affectionate Living (360 Views)

The Affectionate Names A Coworker Usually Calls Me.. / 3 Ways To Be More Affectionate / The Use Of Affectionate Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Affectionate Living by stevenzo: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
What one develops in a period of time like that is a strong sense of community and of relating to people. There’s a common activity because the life of community is cooperative not competitive. There is no ‘I want to get to nibbana before you and if you get ahead of me I’m going to trip you.’ I know that if I work on myself, practice in this particular way, live morally and uphold the principles of the retreat and the teaching, then that encourages you to do the same thing. And if you do that too it encourages me. There’s a reciprocity of encouragement, affection and aspiration.
This of course is something that is often lacking in a society which is geared to competition, money and ease, where life is a vicarious existence of watching rugby games or other forms of entertainment. Community life is I think an art form which is being much lost these days. It is hard to do if one has been conditioned to individuality. I certainly was. I had my own room. My brother had his own room. I had my records. He had his records. If he touched my records he’d be finished.Read more...http://www.newsyvoice.com/affectionate-living/

Re: Affectionate Living by Mechette(m): 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
FTC

(1) (Reply)

Romantic Campus Makeup Contest 2017 / Nairaland Ladies That Resides In Onitsha--identify Yourself / UFC 218 Live Stream Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.