Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

The Black Berry Craze - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Black Berry Craze (14189 Views)

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race / How Can I Use Black Berry Bold 5 To Take Screen Shots! / Brand New Black Berry Bold 5 (9900) For Sale.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Black Berry Craze by sirdum: 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
shocked Please what is dis craze about black berry these days. Erbody wants to own one even people that don't use up to 1/4 of the features it has. A friend said that the people dat use it feel dat it makes them look "smart" and I think he is right. Please what do you guys think?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by browncocos(f): 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2010
lol my brother na so we see am o
trust nigerians to go up and aboard with the "latest" anything
i think that if ure using a bb now ure upwardly mobile,know wassup and uve arrived lol

i remember when i started using my bb 3 years ago in nig b4 all d networks hooked up
i even regretted buying them cz browsing was slow and crappy as hell
my friends were like wat crappy phones r u using
this yr turns out they r all asking for my pin no
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Kx: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2010
IT IS SIMPLY MADNESS
cos like u rightly said,80% of the peps that carries BB about use only voice.nothing more,nothing less.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Olisa4all: 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2010
For girls,its a fashion accessory

Re: The Black Berry Craze by yankidelta(m): 3:48am On Mar 07, 2010
Men am on bb n I can tell it's fun cos I use virtually all the features, it's really great esp when u gotta large network of family ,frds n associates.for me it's worth every naira smiley
Re: The Black Berry Craze by oraywatt: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2010
Ma BB is an accesory I can't do witout oh.My laptop is quite large,abt 17inches,n ma bb always serves as a handy replacement.it browses,plays all forms of multimedia, reads n edits documents ,chats etc, Wat do I need a computer for wen iv got ma blackberry?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by noNonsense(m): 2:47am On Mar 08, 2010
I have a blackberry and m proud, black berry messenger is better than any other messenger wether on fone or on a phone, if not fro blackberry I won't b replying dis post in d comfort of my bed, go get yours!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Medlabgirl: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2010
I have to say that my BB Bold is an indispensable piece for me. I get my GPS,pages, work email, all three private emails, (including the one that alerts me to posts on here grin) current stock updates,my Yahoo and MSN messengers, BB messenger, dictionary, weather and a host of other apps; as well as quick internet access, but I try to limit the internet data usage to no more than 150-200MB a month as it adds up. I always thought that my friends at home in Naija would not need so much, like the weather which I can't do without here, but it seems that they do. Most of their emails are from the BB for e.g.

Speaking of emails; I'll share part of a funny one I just got.
My Caucasian friend is at home in Nigeria to let the inlaws meet their two and half year old twin boys. She emailed to tell me that they are so excited about everything, but that the best is buying stuff in traffic. The boys she says have been shouting GALA!! GALA!! and DODO! DODO!!, copied from the boys selling in traffic. Too funny! I've been rereading the emails and laughing. I can imagine two half caste kids with Oyinbo accents shouting GALA and DODO.

Re: The Black Berry Craze by Olisa4all: 11:55am On Mar 08, 2010
^^^U went off along d line but its cool n hilarious if i must add. . .
U mentioned GPS n u check d weather n stuff. .we dnt use dose down here,its part of wat we're sayin its only bb messenger,email of which a small percentage use deir company email amongst others dat people use. .
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2010
People are talking about iphone 3gs and Nexus one you are talking about Blackberry
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ichommy(m): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2010
I laugh in YEMEN grin

cant stop laffing

@ poster you are right jare grin

Re: The Black Berry Craze by chyket(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
I think its ok if ur job is web dependent otherwise its not very useful if u already have a LAPTOP, and you are not in a hurry to check ur mails.But if it makes u happy why not.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by maskuraid(m): 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
BB is good for f peeps dt use d features, however most pple now carry one just to 'belong'.imagine a colleague dt doesnt even knw hw to send sms ,yet she carries a BB around to 'show' off.

most of em gurls r alws lookin for sombodi to buy em one , na by force?if ur berry cnt be black, go for blue or green na?

Re: The Black Berry Craze by aieromon(m): 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
Blackberry is crap.
There,i said it!!!

**Sent from a Nokia 5800xm**

Re: The Black Berry Craze by ow11(m): 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
Nigerians would never admit to being suckers for fads and would go to any length to defend their vanity with ridiculous reasons. BB is a fad and like others before it will pass.

Those that love fads will love it and those sad and angry anti-establishment people will hate it. However, after its passing, those that have need for it will continue using it. Kind of like those who really like Makossa or like Padded V-Boot.

Olisa4all:

I concur

noNonsense:

I have a blackberry and m proud, black berry messenger is better than any other messenger wether on fone or on a phone, if not fro blackberry I won't b replying dis post in d comfort of my bed, go get yours!

I remember reading somewhere on this site when someone said the same thing about facebook messenger. How is it better than Y! messenger on mobile?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by victorazy(m): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
Pls, is Black Berry has touch light on it now? The year it occur to their mind to attach touch light on it will be the year i will purchase mine.  grin grin grin
Re: The Black Berry Craze by kobikwelu(m): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
o boppsss!!!

i just recently capped mi sef a blackberry.

trust me, its cool and its professional.(bb chat,gprs, edge and other stuff)

(who's the dude mentioning iphones? its for overfed kids).

before i was a diehard nokia fan, but i knew if it wasnt nokia it would be a blackberry
Re: The Black Berry Craze by denzel2009: 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2010
victorazy:

Pls, is Black Berry has touch light on it now? The year it occur to their mind to attach touch light on it will be the year i will purchase mine.  grin grin grin

Are you a hunter or night watchman? cheesy

Re: The Black Berry Craze by stereotype: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
I have an iphone and a blackberry,
blackberry is crap.

Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
What about windows mobile phones??

They are the best phones ever
Re: The Black Berry Craze by tkb417(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
ow11:

Nigerians would never admit to being suckers for fads and would go to any length to defend their vanity with ridiculous reasons. BB is a fad and like others before it will pass.

Those that love fads will love it and those sad and angry anti-establishment people will hate it. However, after its passing, those that have need for it will continue using it. Kind of like those who really like Makossa or like Padded V-Boot.
true!!
i use it but i dont see the reason behind the new 'craze' for it tho

its just like the way 9jas now go mad to wear football jersieys. I dont even feel good wearing jersieys anymore nor brandish the BB anyhow cos of the way every tom d'ick and harry take it

Re: The Black Berry Craze by tkb417(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2010
denzel2009:

Are you a hunter or night watchman? cheesy
hehehehehe
Re: The Black Berry Craze by bykes(m): 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2010
pls i have a blackberry how do i activate and start using it
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2010
Re: The Black Berry Craze by chrisrock(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
@poster,i used to think that i was the only one that noticed this crazy act oooh.even my uncle that does not even have an email add uses the three top black berries(bold,smart and storm)imagineno be small craze ooooooooh.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by rman: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2010
Yes, I have.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by deor03(m): 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
Get used to it .

Nigerian have the pure water mentality.  It is a kill for any company, since all Nigerians LOVE  one thing at the same time.

Have you noticed !!!.  The (Nospectos, wealth solutions etc,) craze  ; the share/ trading  craze ; the Premiship Craze ( gunners for life, chealse etc )

2010 is  BB year,

Don't worry there will be something else soon

Re: The Black Berry Craze by shilling(f): 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
Olisa4all:

lol, I agree with that because that's what it is for me.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Richtronix(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
My IPhone 32GB poos all over any BlackBerry. grin

Not to talk about my Nokias - N900, N95 and E71. wink

Re: The Black Berry Craze by omonoba: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
If u dont feel d need for a BB then u dont really need one.Internet on d go is what BB is all about
Re: The Black Berry Craze by cicero(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
I have a blackberry storm and although I am not able to use all the features, I don't recommend it if your line is hot like mine. I have to charge it all night, every night and that lasts me only a day.
I also tried to configure with my yahoo email, but it won't let me.

It is cool though that I can access my business mails on the go.

Re: The Black Berry Craze by SwtzMinx(f): 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2010
.bb sux. . .i d0n't need one.
>>NokIa ROckZ<<

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News / #ATAwards2019: Arewa Twitter Awards 2019 / NCC Arrests 5 Suspects For Fraudulent Registration Of SIM Cards