Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Black Berry Craze - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Black Berry Craze (14216 Views)

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race / How Can I Use Black Berry Bold 5 To Take Screen Shots! / Brand New Black Berry Bold 5 (9900) For Sale.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Berry Craze by peruso: 11:41pm On Mar 10, 2010
Richtronix:

My IPhone 32GB poos all over any BlackBerry. grin

Not to talk about my Nokias - N900, N95 and E71. wink

na waooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! na only 1 person dey used this amount of phones so, abi u dey hawk am?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by peruso: 11:48pm On Mar 10, 2010
martinosi:

Zzzzz Pointless Topic,  I was even thinking
that someone would have raised a Topic "Have you Joined
The IPhone Craze" Show that Naija's are not all so
current on trends lol!!!

Blacberry is for Business-Geeks!

Everybody is Crazy over touch-screen Phones now
in UK/US etc or so the adverts on our TV'S are
making us to believe!!!

un4tnatly (TIA) this is africa
more specifically (TIN) this is naija
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Iranoladun(f): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
True talk: BB is for corporate people and if your company is picking the tabs no qualms wink.

If the money is coming from my pocket I'd definitely go for a Nokia E75 or Iphone oh! Who needs a BB
but what can you do when your boss/company believe it has to be a BB undecided
Re: The Black Berry Craze by labiyemmy(m): 12:51am On Mar 12, 2010
poster

Pains you cos you cant afford it?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by sirdum: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2010
Pains you cos you cant afford it?

U'll be surprised dat I'd rather buy it for your 7 year old nephew as a birthday gift than use it.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Olisa4all: 9:43am On Mar 12, 2010
^^^L0l. .
Re: The Black Berry Craze by shawn123: 10:41am On Mar 12, 2010
EM, Its amusing how some people compare Nokia to blackberry! bb messenger, file sharing, yahoo chat, gmail chat, skype, 24/7 internet. Are you kidding me, it beats using a laptop and mtn modem. What are you people talking about sef. I will just assume most dont know what blacberry service is? Even Nokia is trying to do something like that with the imitation OVA!!!! Haba learn about something before you criticize, bush people!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Genuflect(m): 10:59am On Mar 12, 2010
Shawn123, why are you making a fool of yourself? There's nothing you listed up there that a Nokia Symbian phone cannot do. You too should go and learn more about Nokia before commenting on it. Btw, it's not OVA, it's OVI.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Genuflect(m): 11:50am On Mar 12, 2010
Shawn123, I actually went to your profile to read your last posts. Believe me, I'm not the type to be taught on the functions of Blackberry or any other phone for that matter. Assuming Nigeria had a sensible government, most telecom companies would be offering services on a contractual basis. That's the system that almost everybody has adapted abroad. You rarely see someone buy 'recharge card' or credit abroad. So all this talk about 'internet for 24hours' is nothing special. Na una the thing dey shark. I browse 24/7 too by the way, and I don't have to pay a dime. Lol
Re: The Black Berry Craze by shawn123: 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2010
@genuflect good for u
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Genuflect(m): 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2010
Thanx a lot. Really appreciate it. Lol
Re: The Black Berry Craze by shawn123: 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2010
hmmm, it beats me now how statements are made without reality check! services being made on contractual methods, lols same UK that Nigerians flood to buy these phones sold on contracts cos they are cheaper . They bring them to Naija and sell off after unlocking. Well its not just the government that is not sensible anyone that knows Naija know that Nigerians dont like to pay for services. So recharge cards is the most efficient method.
We are talking about Naija and blacberry craze and some people are talking about the Uk! which kind blind arguement i go do this morning sef?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Genuflect(m): 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2010
Lol. Why you wan give yourself heart attack? My point is the contractual services, that is exclusive to BB, should have been implemented for other brand of phones. Is that hard to get? Assuming we had very stable electricity in this country, 24/7 internet on phones would be feasible. But since it's not yet done, people like you think Blackberry is the best. Do you understand my point now?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by maskuraid(m): 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2010
@shawn

wonder,wonder wonder wonder wonder!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by shawn123: 12:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
@Macuraid: lol grin dem go worry me, dem go worry me worry me, worry worry worry worry me, word!!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by cabali(m): 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ Shawn123

I really think you should shut the hell up. . . . seriously
Re: The Black Berry Craze by shawn123: 12:41pm On Mar 12, 2010
Well blackberry or Nokia or Sony Ericson, be happy for your neighbour. If you dont like it then dont buy it simple and if it works for you then fine!!! haba wetin be all the fuse sef?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by shawn123: 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2010
@cabali: i aint talking but typing? one of those that are hating of blackberry i guess?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by cabali(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2010
if you must type or talk, try to sound intelligent at least; it helps people reading your words.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by shawn123: 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Intelligent Cabali? grin
your posts havent been something smashing either? So pipe down since you think you are the most intelligent human in this forum, all because of blackberry . I really think bad belle is what kills us in this country, shoooooo!!!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by cabali(m): 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
a complete waste sad
Re: The Black Berry Craze by lynxnoon(m): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2010
the only people i wont have a problem with when using BB are those in the corporate world. . . . any other person using BB is just for show off. . . most of them dont even know the full capabilities of the fone
Even my ordinary nokia 2330c can fetch mails and do IMs talk less of E72. . . so those shouting BB BB. . . plssssssssssss
Re: The Black Berry Craze by texazzpete(m): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2010
shawn123:

EM, Its amusing how some people compare Nokia to blackberry! bb messenger, file sharing, yahoo chat, gmail chat, skype, 24/7 internet. Are you kidding me, it beats using a laptop and mtn modem. What are you people talking about sef. I will just assume most dont know what blacberry service is? Even Nokia is trying to do something like that with the imitation OVA!!!! Haba learn about something before you criticize, bush people!

Where is the skype on Blackberry? Go over to the skype forums and see users begging them to release a version for blackberry that can allow calls. Every other phone OS has a full featured skype client.
Almost every single app on Blackberry has its counterpart on other phone OSes - the blackberry versions are just plain uglier!
Please don't get me laughing about your '24/7 internet'. I own a Blackberry Bold 9700 (arguably the best BB in existence) and the default browser is extremely horrrible! I also use an iPhone, and coming from that sleek device with it's lovely and intuitive UI and splendid web browser, browsing on the Bold is a rude shock.

The Blackberry service and BBM is the killer app on the device, and that's the sole reason i keep my Bold 9700. But apart from these, what's left is a dated UI with a terrible web browser, crappy third party applications and minimal developer support.
It is telling that a phone marketed as a business companion cannot even open PDF files by default. I found that out the hard way.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by harakiri(m): 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2010
Every invention has it's time.Today is BB's time.Tomorrow, Apple is launching I-Pad (as if the i-pod,i-phone,i-mac and all the "ieeyess" aren't enough).You can find out more on :

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

If people don't find some large BB's ridiculous, then a 9.5 inch LCD screen shouldn't be a problem.Talk about putting a mini laptop in your pocket. . .lol
Re: The Black Berry Craze by selencious(f): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2010
lol!! I know. "Keeping up with the Joneses". Itz no big deal here though, most people use it, even some high school students.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by texazzpete(m): 6:30am On Mar 15, 2010
harakiri:

Every invention has it's time.Today is BB's time.Tomorrow, Apple is launching I-Pad (as if the i-pod,i-phone,i-mac and all the "ieeyess" aren't enough).You can find out more on :

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

If people don't find some large BB's ridiculous, then a 9.5 inch LCD screen shouldn't be a problem.Talk about putting a mini laptop in your pocket. . .lol

This isn't a sensible argument. The iPad is not a phone, and should not be compared in any way to a BB. Apple has never intended the iPad to be put in your pocket.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by opata(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2010
i've got a blackberry storm and it meets my needs effectively, thank you cool

even found out today that nairaland has a wap site cheesy

can anyone point me to free game downloads?

all work and no play makes opata a dull boy wink

thanks
Re: The Black Berry Craze by labiyemmy(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2010
sirdum:

U'll be surprised dat I'd rather buy it for your 7 year old nephew as a birthday gift than use it.

You? from your feeding money? Interesting!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Azanor(m): 8:16am On Mar 17, 2010
Shuo! see people dey vex o! Thank God for internet, if not bottle for don break on top person head for here.

From my point of view i don't see what all the fuss is about concerning blackberry. As far as I know,most of the people buying it now in Naija are only buying it as a status symbol. A good number of them don't know how to use the features that come with it. If I wanted a good Business fone, I would definately pick up a Nokia E Series device rather than a blackberry. there's a wide range of devices for almost any pocket, and they more than match the available services on blackberry. Why get a blackberry fone for over 60000 when i can get an E63 for less than 30000?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by kpolli(m): 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2010
dont criticize BB if u dont have it, dont hate others cos u cant afford it, peace out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries / GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn / NCC Arrests 5 Suspects For Fraudulent Registration Of SIM Cards