Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,827 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Black Berry Craze - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Black Berry Craze (14215 Views)

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race / How Can I Use Black Berry Bold 5 To Take Screen Shots! / Brand New Black Berry Bold 5 (9900) For Sale.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Berry Craze by Bukittes(f): 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2010
Don't worry peeps, the next craze will be the IPAD. Infact I'm already warming up to get one. Blackberry for browsing will be thing of history!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by ow11(m): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Bukittes:

Don't worry peeps, the next craze will be the IPAD. Infact I'm already warming up to get one. Blackberry for browsing will be thing of history!

Have you gotten the aristos in school to like them? I think they and their sugar daddies determine the latest fad. . .Who disagrees?

1 Like

Re: The Black Berry Craze by ilosiwaju: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2010
BB slightly sucks for me. I'll choose a sony ericsson smart phone over any bb.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by oge4real(f): 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2010
I love my iphone dnt see the need for d bb craze.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by sayso: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
for the tech peeps,can BB telnet/SSH to any device?,cause Iphone can do just that.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by jaybee3(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
How i wish i can dump mine in the river. Had it for years now and work stuffs still keep popping up in the odd hours.
Crackberry is def not gonna take over.  grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Black Berry Craze by tboy1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
Bukittes:

You cant use it on the road, train or Car because its too big
Just in ur own home & if the owner doesnt have wireless connection at home then dont bother

@ Topic
BB crazy for yrs now and no complaining.
Saves me money on text with bb messenger and i can communicate with ppl overseas instantly.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by debosky(m): 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
chrisrock:

@poster,i used to think that i was the only one that noticed this crazy act oooh.even my uncle that does not even have an email add uses the three top black berries(bold,smart and storm)imagineno be small craze ooooooooh.

Now that is true madness - THREE BB's and not even email? grin grin grin

Big man must show off by force. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Black Berry Craze by Medlabgirl: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2010
Olisa4all:

^^^U went off along d line but its cool n hilarious if i must add. . .
U mentioned GPS n u check d weather n stuff. .we dnt use dose down here,its part of wat we're sayin its only bb messenger,email of which a small percentage use deir company email amongst others dat people use. .

I thot so too Olisa. I see everyone is quoting you btw. Nice

Olisa is my favorite boy name; my son is called that, only adjusted for my dialect.

Per BB Craze; the good book says there's nothing new under the sun. Things will come and go. I say if it works for you go  for it. I started with the Sony Ericsson PDA's like 8yrs ago per work, and I used to have freezes all the time.

Although being female I must admit that I like to have nice phones. About 4 years ago I bought the Gold Edition Dolce and Gabbana RAZR just for the heck of it, and boy people really liked it anytime I brought it out.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by sirdum: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
There are people that need it, dats d truth. People that nid 2 knw wat d stocks look like nd to get official/business emails on the go. Not for people dat use it for checking facebook status and chattin with whoever. If u so like chattin nimbuzz on any normal fone does dat perfectly.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by echezz: 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2010
I don't think I have a need for a BB, my Nokia E71 rocks
Re: The Black Berry Craze by debosky(m): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2010
tboy1:

You cant use it on the road, train or Car because its too big
Just in your own home & if the owner doesnt have wireless connection at home then dont bother

@ Topic
BB crazy for yrs now and no complaining.
Saves me money on text with bb messenger and i can communicate with ppl overseas instantly.

I agree fully - especially since you can send voice notes and chat with people from anywhere without any additional cost.

BB messenger can be a pain though - beeping at odd times when people are sending you messages. No work email on mine though. . . .they'll never enslave me.  grin
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
ow11:

Have you gotten the aristos in school to like them? I think they and their sugar daddies determine the latest fad. . .Who disagrees?

I think you got it wella.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2010
the only advantage BB got over other phones is the free text ping thingy, which is not realy free when u think of it because u pay a hefty monthly fee for it tongue, hehe!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by denzel2009: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Its good for business/work. Though iphone has got more functionalities, you wont be taken serious if you using iphone compared to BB.

When I just got it, I used to have headaches in the morning now its on perpetual silent mode so it doesnt wake me up at nights anymore.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by MsTom(f): 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
echezz:

I don't think I have a need for a BB, my Nokia E71 rocks
SwtzMinx:

.bb sux. . .i d0n't need one.
>>NokIa ROckZ<<

Thanks jare. I use Nokia myself. Its simply the best
Re: The Black Berry Craze by tboy1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2010
debosky:

I agree fully - especially since you can send voice notes and chat with people from anywhere without any additional cost.

BB messenger can be a pain though - beeping at odd times when people are sending you messages. No work email on mine though. . . .they'll never enslave me.  grin

The first thing is do is delete everyone who sends them rubbish notification e.g jokes,poems etc - i cant stand that random messages ppl send to everyone  grin grin
I also dont use it for work unless i'll get mails all night, i'll rather login to work from home remotely & check my emails when i want than receive uncountable messages mostly from cc'in
Re: The Black Berry Craze by platinumnk(f): 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2010
sofeco:

What about windows mobile phones??

They are the best phones ever

Thank you Jare! I was on Nokias for a while after my 6682, then I wanted to move to the BB Curve in 07, but then ATT just dropped the HTC Tilt, and Ive never  wanted nothing else. My mom went ahead and got the Curve, and now she has the Bold, at least for one thing, it taught her to send text messages, but she sends the page length messages lol!  tongue Dad got one too, he gets prissy of the smallest things, I remember that BB set the green blinker thing to off and he fussed till I turned it back on, because the green to him means the fone worked  grin grin

IMO, Cant nothing touch The Newest Tilt2 or  HTC Rhodium .

BB- Nice with a Keyboard, no touch screen

Iphail- For Conformist people who wants a mp3 player that can call people  lipsrsealed Touchscreen No Keyboard!

HTC Tilt2, - Business users, Email, BB connect, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, Wireless Tethering, Full Capability YIM with the options to download media directly from messaging screen. . .  much more . .   Magnificent Full Color Touch Screen with full pull out QWERTY Keyboard Underneath tongue cheesy
Re: The Black Berry Craze by xterra2(m): 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2010
Mehn my brother just bought Blackberry 9700 less than a month ago and my september or novemeber am also getting Blackberry 9700(jopefully)
Blackberry as people like callin it bb is so amazing
And on facebook in people status i see "bb pin ---------"where they put their bb pin is getting too much
ANd many people i know are getting blackberries before the end of this year about 20(+me), People know what bb is thats why the craze,
Small by small,Nokia is flooping down-useless nokia couldnt defeat the iPhone  so decided to sue its maker apple counter sue them
Nokia you market is reducing Blackberry urs is gettin up
Re: The Black Berry Craze by tboy1(m): 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
Blackberry VS nokia & Ericsson  cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Black Berry Craze by platinumnk(f): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2010
For those who pull up Nairaland on their mobiles . .
How does it show up?
Care to show a screenshot?

grin grin grin

Does BBs have VIDEO Share Capabilities while on a phone call? cheesy
Dont think too hard tongue
Re: The Black Berry Craze by jidobaba(m): 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2010
^^dem wan die? grin

of course most symbian nokias can do all dat ish
Re: The Black Berry Craze by FFA: 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
NOT REALLY, I SEE IT AS SOMETHING THAT WILL BE OUT OF FASHION SOONNNNNNNNNN
Re: The Black Berry Craze by stereotype: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
Re: The Black Berry Craze
« #36 on: Today at 02:38:48 PM »

for the tech peeps,can BB telnet/SSH  to any device?,cause Iphone can do just that.

Yeah, just like the iphone, you would need a 3rd party software to achieve this
Re: The Black Berry Craze by platinumnk(f): 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
jidobaba:

^^dem wan die? grin

of course most symbian nokias can do all dat ish

I wont hurt dem oo ,   grin its not everyone can pull a wireless network from their cell phone without physically connecting it  grin

I agree about nokias, they are cool, but in order to stay in the game they need to bring down the prices for wireless companies.
Iphone goes 99$ for a new contract, The Tilt2 is 149 with a new contract, while Nokias sit a fat 500 new or old.
No one is going to pick them up tongue

1 Like

Re: The Black Berry Craze by PurestBoy(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
I have a dual sim BB I bought for 12K but I can't get all these fantastic features
Re: The Black Berry Craze by joanana(f): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
SwtzMinx:

.bb sux. . .i d0n't need one.
>>NokIa ROckZ<<
I defintely concur!!!!!!!!!! grin cheesy kiss
Nokia Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crackberry aint worth it. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Die hard Nokia Fan!!!!!!!! wink
There are two fones Nokia and others! grin
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
PurestBoy:

I have a dual sim BB I bought for 12K but I can't get all these fantastic features

thats not a BB guy, na china phone!

U pips are really cracking me up.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by mayrho(m): 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2010
Person wey no get BB go yan atleast no way to prove it on nairaland
and 4 all who say they use all the functions hoax u can't
And lastly most of the people who use common fones don't need 4 it talk less of BB
i guess its just a status symbol wanting to feel among Naija hmmmm
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
bluntpis:

Chinese and their f**cking phones.

And you self wey you talk say you buy one BB for 12k, U no supposed sabi say na fake one?.

Abi na where you see the place wey them dey sell original BB for 12k?.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by PurestBoy(m): 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2010
bluntpis:

OMG shocked shocked shocked, But the seller told me it wasn't china, chei
Re: The Black Berry Craze by denzel2009: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2010
joanana:

I defintely concur!!!!!!!!!! grin cheesy kiss
Nokia Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crackberry aint worth it. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Die hard Nokia Fan!!!!!!!! wink
There are two fones Nokia and others! grin

Iphone and BB are killing Nokia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries / GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn / NCC Arrests 5 Suspects For Fraudulent Registration Of SIM Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.