Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

The Black Berry Craze - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Black Berry Craze (14212 Views)

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race / How Can I Use Black Berry Bold 5 To Take Screen Shots! / Brand New Black Berry Bold 5 (9900) For Sale.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Berry Craze by lasgidi4rv: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ Maeden: could you shed light what features you found lacking in the black berry smiley
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Olisa4all: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
saxywale:

small boi nokia e72 and blackberry = no difference

Nokia E72
GENERAL
2G Network
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network
HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 -
American version
Announced
2009, June
Status
Available. Released 2009, October
SIZE
Dimensions
114 x 58 x 10 mm, 65 cc
Weight
128 g
DISPLAY
Type
TFT, 16M colors
Size
320 x 240 pixels, 2.36 inches
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Five-way scroll key
- Accelerometer sensor for auto
rotate and tap-for-time
- Optical trackpad
SOUND
Alert types
Vibration; Downloadable
polyphonic, monophonic, MP3
ringtones
Speakerphone
Yes
- 3.5 mm audio jack
MEMORY
Phonebook
Practically unlimited entries and
fields, Photocall
Call records
Detailed, max 30 days
Internal
250 MB storage, 128 MB RAM
Card slot
microSD, up to 16GB, hotswap,
buy memory
DATA
GPRS
Class 32, 100 kbps
EDGE
Class 32, 296 kbps
3G
HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA 2
Mbps
WLAN
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Nokia VoIP 3.0
Bluetooth
Yes, v2.0 with A2DP
Infrared port
No
USB
Yes, v2.0 microUSB
CAMERA
Primary
5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels,
autofocus, LED flash
Video
Yes, VGA@15fps
Secondary
VGA videocall camera
FEATURES
OS
Symbian OS 9.3, Series 60 v3.2 UI
CPU
ARM 11 600 MHz processor
Messaging
SMS, MMS, Email, Instant
Messaging
Browser
WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML
Radio
Stereo FM radio with RDS; Visual
radio
Games
Downloadable
Colors
Zodium Black, Metal Grey, Topaz
Brown
GPS
Yes, with A-GPS support; Nokia
Maps 3.0
Java
Yes, MIDP 2.0
- Digital compass
- WMV/RV/MP4/3GP video player
- MP3/WMA/WAV/RA/AAC/M4A
music player
- Document editor (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF)
- Flash Lite v3.0
- Push to talk
- Voice command/dial
- Organizer
- Printing
BATTERY
Standard battery, Li-Po 1500 mAh
(BP-4L)
Stand-by
Up to 480 h (2G) / 576 h (3G)
Talk time
Up to 12 h 30 min (2G) / 6 h (3G)
BlackBerry Bold
2G Network
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 900
Announced
2009, October
Status
Available. Released 2009,
November
SIZE
Dimensions
109 x 60 x 14 mm
Weight
122 g
DISPLAY
Type
TFT, 65K colors
Size
480 x 360 pixels, 2.44 inches
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Touch-sensitive optical trackpad
SOUND
Alert types
Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Speakerphone
Yes
- 3.5 mm audio jack
MEMORY
Phonebook
Practically unlimited entries and
fields, Photocall
Call records
Yes
Internal
256MB storage, 256 MB RAM
Card slot
microSD, up to 16GB, 2GB
included, buy memory
DATA
GPRS
Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48
kbps
EDGE
Class 10, 236.8 kbps
3G
HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
WLAN
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, UMA
Bluetooth
Yes, v2.1 with A2DP
Infrared port
No
USB
Yes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERA
Primary
3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels,
autofocus, LED flash
Features
Image stabilization
Video
Yes
Secondary
No
FEATURES
OS
BlackBerry OS; 5.0
CPU
624 MHz processor
Messaging
SMS, MMS, Email, IM
Browser
HTML
Radio
No
Games
Yes + downloadable
Colors
Black
GPS
Yes, with A-GPS support
Java
Yes, MIDP 2.0
- BlackBerry maps
- Document editor (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF)
- Media player MP3/WMA/AAC+
- Video player DivX/WMV/
XviD/3gp
- Organizer
- Voice memo/dial
BATTERY
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500
mAh
Stand-by
Up to 408 h
Talk time
Up to 6 h
D difference is clear. . .
@medlabgirl. .dats cool
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
denzel2009:

Yes. It does what says on the box. Its just that some naija peeps are abusive,saw someone downloaded like 4gb stuff on a mobile not long ago.

well, there is nothing wrong in downloading 20gb stuff on your mobile if it is capable, the Nokia N97 has an internal drive of 32gb and u can still add an additional 16g memory card,   cool
Re: The Black Berry Craze by denzel2009: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
saxywale:

well, there is nothing wrong in downloading 20gb stuff on your mobile if it is capable, the Nokia N97 has an internal drive of 32gb and u can still add an additional 16g memory card,   cool

Having massive memory capacity doesnt make it right to download LOTR trilogy onto it in naija by putting on charge for like 10days.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by lanres1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
There is no point lashing BB users. At a time, I couldnt think of anyother phone apart from Motorolla, later it was Nokia and now, BB. I didnt buy mine because of the "craze" or what have you. I fell in luv wit the STORM and I went for it. I really do not care about the various functions since I can send and receive sms and most importantly, make calls. I have 24/7 internet access @ my workplace so there is no need for any monthly subscription.
And now I have just acquired BOLD 2, I think the point here is go for whatever you want and leave bad belle people with their comments. Shikena.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by harakiri(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2010
@topic

There is nothing like "BB craze".It's in the nature of mankind to want more (or something better).Someone driving a Honda accord would upgrade to a Ferrari if they could afford it and Ferrari drivers would upgrade to a Bugatti Veyron if they could afford it.Same with BB.It's like asking why people have 65 inch LCD screens when 21 inch TV can do the same thing.It's all about wanting more. . .whether you can use the features or not doesn't matter.A lot of BB user critics here have bought more stuff than they really need. . .so wetin una dey talk sef?
Re: The Black Berry Craze by maedan(f): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
lasgidi4rv:

@ Maeden: could you shed light what features you found lacking in the black berry smiley

Hmm where do I start? From its yeye little screen to the slow way it loads and then the qwerty keyboard is a mess - I've used the Palm smartphone before so I know how a proper qwerty keyboard feels. My husband uses a blackberry and I hate it!! It's stressful to use, and I'm good with gadgets so don't think that's it. it's just an annoying phone but I dare not tell him that tongue.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by lanres1(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
maedan:

Hmm where do I start? From its yeye little screen to the slow way it loads and then the qwerty keyboard is a mess - I've used the Palm smartphone before so I know how a proper qwerty keyboard feels. My husband uses a blackberry and I hate it!! It's stressful to use, and I'm good with gadgets so don't think that's it. it's just an annoying phone but I dare not tell him that tongue.

I disagree with you. Storm with its widescreen like iphone gives you an unlimited access. Fairly used ones could be stressful; I am still enjoying mine anyway.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by maedan(f): 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
lanre_s:

I disagree with you. Storm with its widescreen like iphone gives you an unlimited access. Fairly used ones could be stressful; I am still enjoying mine anyway.

Yep, the BB Storm series boasts a great big screen. But the more popular BBs are the Bold and Curve. I guess the Storm was meant to be an improvement on the smaller screens of the other BBs. What's the use of a smartphone if the screen is not much bigger than your everyday mobile? Maybe I'm just biased cos of what the iPhone 3Gs has to offer.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
Olisa4all:

Get a smart phone,your life wud neva b d same again. 'l0l

oh no not you too undecided lol.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by cabali(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
Most people who own a bb are not even suscribed to the black berry service which cost N4000 at least per month. Some of them just subscribe for the first month and can continue it monthly. If you ask me I don't respect a bb owner until you are subscribed to the service. And trust me half of bb owners are not subscribed to the service and if u aren't subscribed, all u can do is voice and not data and in that case it is more respectful using a 3310 nokia
Re: The Black Berry Craze by cabali(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
By the way, I haven't much love for any blackberry. There isn't much the bb can get me excited with. I use use the iPhone 3gs and you can only understand why I made that statement if u have used an iPhone. You would even wonder why am on this thread grin
Re: The Black Berry Craze by cabali(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
lanre_s:

please tell me what limited acess you are talking about. I beg you.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
cabali:

By the way, I haven't much love for any blackberry. There isn't much the bb can get me excited with. I use use the iPhone 3gs and you can only understand why I made that statement if u have used an iPhone. You would even wonder why am on this thread grin

u are right , me i no fit fall for the craze, i would rather stick to the iphone 3gs or my lovely N97 mini than go back 3years in technology and use a bb which is very similar to the e72, tongue
Re: The Black Berry Craze by cabali(m): 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2010
But really what does the BB offer that the E72 cant doesnt. and i mean something we cant do without and something i will definitely miss.

and lord, please dont even mention the Pin to Pin!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by dragnet: 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2010
A simple Nokia classic can fetch mails direct from mail servers without third party apps. . .likewise messaging so ppl shuld stop mentioning the email thingy lyk its somethng big. . . .
Re: The Black Berry Craze by dragnet: 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
Its really a craze . . .imagine this, . . . A girl told me few months back. ."what I need now is a blackberry & a car ! " shocked shocked . . . . It wuld hav sounded a lil sensible if she'd said a laptop & a car, but it just had to be the bb ! undecided
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
BB is more of a fashion accessory to the ladies, maybe na the name sha([b]B[/b]lack[b]B[/b]erry) cos i dont see anything spectacular about it's design or function , and i trust naija peeps, dem sabi do follow follow grin
Re: The Black Berry Craze by idifu(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2010
i dont follow trends i set trends
Re: The Black Berry Craze by martinosi: 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2010
Zzzzz Pointless Topic,  I was even thinking
that someone would have raised a Topic "Have you Joined
The IPhone Craze" Show that Naija's are not all so
current on trends lol!!!

Blacberry is for Business-Geeks!

Everybody is Crazy over touch-screen Phones now
in UK/US etc or so the adverts on our TV'S are
making us to believe!!!

Re: The Black Berry Craze by debosky(m): 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
cabali:

Most people who own a bb are not even suscribed to the black berry service which cost N4000 at least per month. Some of them just subscribe for the first month and can continue it monthly. If you ask me I don't respect a bb owner until you are subscribed to the service. And trust me half of bb owners are not subscribed to the service and if u aren't subscribed, all u can do is voice and not data and in that case it is more respectful using a 3310 nokia

Owning a BB without the BB service is like having a yacht and parking it in your garage and sitting in it instead of taking it out on the water to see what it can do.

Those guys don't know what they're missing - they should go buy 3310's and stop forming!! grin

Reminds me of the old days. . . .I remember taking a 3310 without battery or SIM on a dinner date with this chick in 2000. . . .just to impress! grin
Re: The Black Berry Craze by samtoye(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2010
I see lots of Claimed BB users here but no PINs posted, share your PINs. Lets have a BB Nairaland family. My PIN is my signature, You hate BB? pure beef!!!!!! there are two types of phones, BB and the rest, lol. hit me up, i prefer chatting with my country people than all the foreigners i have on the BB messengers now.
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2010
debosky:

Owning a BB without the BB service is like having a yacht and parking it in your garage and sitting in it instead of taking it out on the water to see what it can do.

Those guys don't know what they're missing - they should go buy 3310's and stop forming!!  grin

Reminds me of the old days. . . .I remember taking a 3310 without battery or SIM on a dinner date with this chick in 2000. . . .just to impress!  grin

i don't even want to think of what u must have paid for that 3310 - 50k? cheesy cheesy

na so boiz dey buy cheapr trium for 45k+ back then. . .
Re: The Black Berry Craze by samtoye(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2010
oyb:

i don't even want to think of what u must have paid for that 3310 - 50k? cheesy cheesy

na so boiz dey buy cheapr trium for 45k+ back then. . .

True that!!!!! , BB i should say have the cheapest data plan compared to most phones data subscription (in Nigeria o!). Pushed mail was colonized by BB; i know other phones are into it now. If you use BB and you aint on BIS or BES, then save your money and go for 3310, would do same work for cheaper the price. BB is fantastic with the IMs and other facilities. If you treasure info on the move, then go for it. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That taking 3310 without battery, lol i did that too with a Sagem with broken screen and No SIM, lol, happening boys then, lol,
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Pweety4me(f): 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
@Op tell me about it almost every1 around me has 1 or they want one i think it's also cause of d contract offer. . . tongue i wanted one b4 it's aight one of my oncle's had 2 lost one then got anoda 1 on contract when i first saw it i was thinking in my mind 2 ask him 4 d phone. . . cheesy but naw. . .it has a 9ice camera 2 take's 9ice pics. . . smiley
Re: The Black Berry Craze by Grizzly(m): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2010
Some people dont understand that blackberries are for corporate people
BB is all about the services. SERVICES!
You need to page someone its easier, send mails etc thats all

You go see aboki carry black-berry
provision store owner black-berry
even students
Rubbish
Re: The Black Berry Craze by denzel2009: 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2010
Pweety4me:

@Op tell me about it almost every1 around me has 1 or they want one i think it's also cause of d contract offer. . . tongue i wanted one b4 it's aight one of my oncle's had 2 lost one then got anoda 1 on contract when i first saw it i was thinking in my mind 2 ask him 4 d phone. . . cheesy but naw. . .it has a 9ice camera 2 take's 9ice pics. . . smiley
Do not underestimate the power of punctuation!
Re: The Black Berry Craze by uniqued(f): 9:26pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ deboskyy. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hehehehehe. ok dat is funi.
lol so wats ur pin lemee add u. wink wink wink
Re: The Black Berry Craze by justin04(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
I actually have both Blackberry and Iphone. Iphone is superior to BB but Nigeria wireless companies does not promote or have applications for Iphone. Wonder why I have both? Cos I am a phone freak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries / GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn / NCC Arrests 5 Suspects For Fraudulent Registration Of SIM Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.