Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,074 members, 7,828,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) (43755 Views)

Obituary Poster Of Pastor Nomthi Odukoya (Photo) / Nomthi Rosemary, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya's Wife Dies Of Cancer / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by 360command: 1:55am On Sep 30, 2017
they must have used the Church's money to pay her school fees.
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by baum1: 2:11am On Sep 30, 2017
Palaver:
We cannot produce PhD graduates at 27 in Nigerian Universities cos of the pride of our lecturers. They will frustrate you and question why you should bag a phd at a young age.

The people liking this, I don't know what to say.

We have produced at least a PhD holder aged 25 or so. Dr I can't remember his name now, lecturer of measure theory at the department of mathematics, Unilag. He finished his PhD from the same department at the age of around 25. Any math student from Unilag can easily confirm this. There are some others..

Congrats to Pastor Bimbo's daughter. One of her mum's sermon at a church in Benson as a visiting speaker in 2003 changed my life educationally. Suddenly, I moved from a GPA of 2.07 to unbelievable levels.
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by baum1: 2:15am On Sep 30, 2017
360command:
they must have used the Church's money to pay her school fees.

Guy, I want to assume you are learned. If my assumption is true, then you can't just mouth off unverified statements.

US schools, as you may very well know, offer scholarships to bright people. It's obvious this girl is very bright - one does not earn a US PhD and be weak. Therefore, it's a possibility that she got fully funded, so your 'must' is too hasty a statement.

If you have an intelligent argument, bring it on.
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by baum1: 2:17am On Sep 30, 2017
Nukilia:

We can and we have produced PhD guys at that age in this country. The challenge is with strike action which keeps ratarding the growth of the students. The Nigerian system is just so pathetic but I hope something is done to restore the greatness in government universities.

Indeed, I know of one. He is very sound as I heard. He is at the department of mathematics, Unilag. It's easy to verify this

1 Like

Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by baum1: 2:18am On Sep 30, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
I will b d most lucky guy in d world if I get a girl like dis God pls favor me wit a woman of gold

What quality do you bring to the table? I mean, what have you done to develop yourself?

If you have developed yourself, it doesn't have to be by earning a PhD, then accomplished people like this will cross your path. It's normal
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by baum1: 2:22am On Sep 30, 2017
efighter:
PhD in what course? If it is psychology, then tell her to stay over there. Psychology is no carrier, it's a waste of time. There are many psychology graduates doing network marketing and corporate Olosho in Lagos.

Bro, everything is not black and white..

Her career entitles and qualifies her to do research, not to pursue career in the sense that you are insinuating. All she needs is a research grant of $500K to work on why depression is less common in Africa compared to western countries, and she is made in the short term.

Life is more than 'people graduate dey find job'
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by baum1: 2:23am On Sep 30, 2017
walesalak:

Not BSC in psychology but PHD.. bad as e bad she will hook herself up in a higher institution. or hospital based on connection of her papa sad

The bro just yarn..Perhaps he taught it was something else
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by baum1: 2:25am On Sep 30, 2017
lizzlix:
Way to go girl!!! I commend her for being a little honest with the Age

Finally, we have a girl who is not 16yrs old

Honest? Is she old? How can she call herself 16, lol. 27 is not old now. In fact, still good and provided she has the attributes that I would assume she has, genuine people will come after her for different purposes
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by Mayflowa(m): 5:23am On Sep 30, 2017
soberdrunk:
The Nigerian Education system has become so messed up over the years that it makes us see someone with a phd at "27" as a 'miracle worker'......... angry

This is not true. PhD is highly revered everywhere. Very few Americans have PhD degree. In fact, Nigerians has the highest fraction of PhD degrees in America compared to other nationalities ahead of Chinese and Indians.
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by Xyzee: 6:10am On Sep 30, 2017
Palaver:
We cannot produce PhD graduates at 27 in Nigerian Universities cos of the pride of our lecturers. They will frustrate you and question why you should bag a phd at a young age.

Oga,we produced one at 25 in Unilag. PhD Maths
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by Xyzee: 6:22am On Sep 30, 2017
baum1:

The people liking this, I don't know what to say.

We have produced at least a PhD holder aged 25 or so. Dr I can't remember his name now, lecturer of measure theory at the department of mathematics, Unilag. He finished his PhD from the same department at the age of around 25. Any math student from Unilag can easily confirm this. There are some others..

Congrats to Pastor Bimbo's daughter. One of her mum's sermon at a church in Benson as a visiting speaker in 2003 changed my life educationally. Suddenly, I moved from a GPA of 2.07 to unbelievable levels.

Very right sir.

Infact, Dr.Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara finished his Ph.D within 2 years but Unilag refused to graduate him that year because of an academic requirement that Ph.D must be done for at least 3 sessions. He did one Masters but was awarded two. Such a bright guy.
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by doyinbaby(f): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2017
Jiang:
hmph...This life is never fair
why did you say that
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by lizzlix(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2017
baum1:

Honest? Is she old? How can she call herself 16, lol. 27 is not old now. In fact, still good and provided she has the attributes that I would assume she has, genuine people will come after her for different purposes
Have seen many pics of ladies who are obviously old, but still claim 16 and the likes

But wait! Do you mean that the ones who are old i.e 30 plus are the real advocate of the age 16 tag?
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by Palaver: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2017
Xyzee:

Oga,we produced one at 25 in Unilag. PhD Maths
You are right, but how often does this happen in Nigeria? That my point Sir
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by sshalom(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2017
Brilliant young lady. You need to hear her talk and she is totally sold out to GOD.
Re: Oluwatobi Deborah Odukoya Graduates With PhD At 27 (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2017
doyinbaby:
why did you say that
Don't mind me please, grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Churches & Mosques To Resume Services In Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Isues Guidelines / 21 Churches Destroyed, Burnt In Pakistan Over Blasphemy Under 2 Days / Love Oyedepo Welcomes Baby Girl (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.