Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (27317 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Patrick Obahiagbon Praises Zahra Buhari On Twitter / Why I Speak Big Grammar..........hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by cold(m): 12:15am On Mar 08, 2010
Gbenga: Honourable, please can you tone down the english a bit. .

Lmao,man that have been some programme
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by yeswecan(m): 12:34am On Mar 08, 2010
Majority of English autochthon cannot decipher his syntax, so what's is the kernel of indulging in the act of tirade when he knows the assemblage have to burrow through his harangue to construe his part of the colloquy. I simply submit that Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon is a well-taught wag
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by cold(m): 12:43am On Mar 08, 2010
yeswecan:

Majority of English autochthon cannot decipher his syntax, so what's is the kernel of indulging in the act of tirade when he knows the assemblage have to burrow through his harangue to construe his part of the colloquy. I simply submit that Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon is a well-taught wag

Na so grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by chamotex(m): 1:04am On Mar 08, 2010
Just check out the difference between the first speaker and Obahiagbon

grin grin grin

[flash=435,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF0Re7gJBb8&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by scktaggif: 1:07am On Mar 08, 2010
yeswecan:

Majority of English autochthon cannot decipher his syntax, so what's is the kernel of indulging in the act of tirade when he knows the[b] assemblage[/b] have to burrow through his harangue to construe his part of the colloquy. I simply submit that Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon is a well-taught wag

You wanna kill someone ! ! ! grin grin

Please watch this . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E8pO3lesS4&feature=related
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by cold(m): 1:12am On Mar 08, 2010
scktaggif:

You wanna kill someone ! ! ! grin grin

Please watch this . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E8pO3lesS4&feature=related

*singing* somebody wants to die,somebody wants to die grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by tayoast(m): 1:44am On Mar 08, 2010
leave Patrick alone!!

lol
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by gidson12(m): 3:50am On Mar 08, 2010
Never a dull moment with this guy grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by bawomolo(m): 4:42am On Mar 08, 2010
big english or not, he said the truth about the nigerian police force.

he got some sense if you ignore the geoffrey chaucer vocabulary  grin

directionless directioness grin grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by member479760: 6:47am On Mar 08, 2010
Spending 7 hours daily for 25 years memorising big words is not a joke it's really a good thing if one can do it. I think he should have spent those hours and years on advancing his ethnic language to new level for future generation.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by ebioloye1: 8:04am On Mar 08, 2010
na wow this kind of grammer is too big for our country nigeria can him speak this kind of grammer for his childrens? grin smiley
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by lekanjohn(m): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2010
Patric personality is an embodiment of an efficacious and eminence who has the effontry of encapsulating courageous facts in the house.We should not c his speech as convulated and cumbersome.He has only shown that he is courageous and dauntless. cool
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 08, 2010
the beauty of communication is for the speaker to convey his speech/ideas to the audience without any problem in understanding the speaker's intent.patrick is a good man i admire a lot apart from his love for big vocabulary but when he communicates and the audience can addly understand what he's saying,there goes the problem.majority of the members of reps are not standard enough to understand him whenever he talks due to the grammar.patrick should come down a bit in order to streamline himself with nigeria society afterall english is not our main language
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by adebaxton(m): 10:25am On Mar 08, 2010
I have a special likeness for this man all because of his gigantic vocabulary.Ride on
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Jakumo(m): 11:24am On Mar 08, 2010
With Grammar Envy infusing, infesting, intoxicating but yet invigorating my entire physiology right down to the cellular, infinitesimal and microscopic levels ad-nausuem, ad-infinitum, I am left with no other practicable recourse than to OPENLY challenge the Grammar Master Himself, Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, to gentleman's duel of linguistic and tautological pyrotechnics, subsequent to which my team of legal luminaries and litigation consultants will strive to conclusively, authoritatively and incontrovertibly establish the locus-standii, modus operandi and nihil carborendum illegitimi that will empower me to rightfully and righteously assume the mantle of Nigertia's Grammar In Chief, a position which naturally supercedes and subsumes all faux-accolades, pseudo-qualifications and quasi-certificates previously showered on the honorable gentleman like so many winter snow flurries in Northern Denmark.

Disgruntled or unpatriotic elements inexplicably tempted to scoff, malign or direct ridicule and approbation at the essential premise of the above paragraph must be advised that while gratuitously verbose diction, prose and oratory have traditionally been regarded as being statistically indicative of innate and often subnconscious predispositions to grandiosity, conceit, bombast, and psychologically manipulative tendencies, that contervailing presupposition is ALSO fundamentally flawed from both statistical and enthnographical standpoints, simply by virtue of the largely argumentative constructs inherent and resultant from the subject matters continual and inexorable metamorphosis away from consideration as an imprecise, ambiguous and esoteric academic subject to be discussed by muttering tweed-clad  professors in the dusty alcoves of academia, and towards being evaluated within the rigid constraints and harsh illumination of  scientifically exhaustive, meticulously analytical regimes, as specified and delineated in conformance with the rigorously explicative approach currently favored by the scientific community.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by doyin13(m): 11:37am On Mar 08, 2010
Jakumo:

With Grammar Envy infusing, infesting, intoxicating but yet invigorating my entire physiology right down to the cellular, infinitesimal and microscopic levels ad-nausuem, ad-infinitum, I am left with no other practicable recourse than to OPENLY challenge the Grammar Master Himself, Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, to gentleman's duel of linguistic and tautological pyrotechnics, subsequent to which my team of legal luminaries and litigation consultants will strive to conclusively, authoritatively and incontrovertibly establish the locus-standii, modus operandi and nihil carborendum illegitimi that will empower me to rightfully and righteously assume the mantle of Nigertia's Grammar In Chief, a position which naturally supercedes and subsumes all faux-accolades, pseudo-qualifications and quasi-certificates previously showered on the honorable gentleman like so many winter snow flurries in Northern Denmark.

Disgruntled or unpatriotic elements inexplicably tempted to scoff, malign or direct ridicule and approbation at the essential premise of the above paragraph must be advised that while gratuitously verbose diction, prose and oratory have traditionally been regarded as being statistically indicative of innate and often subnconscious predispositions to grandiosity, conceit, bombast, and psychologically manipulative tendencies, that contervailing presupposition is ALSO fundamentally flawed from both statistical and enthnographical standpoints, simply by virtue of the largely argumentative constructs inherent and resultant from the subject matters continual metamorphosis away from consideration as an imprecise, ambiguous and esoteric academic subject to be discussed by muttering tweed-clad  professors in the dusty alcoves of academia, and towards being evaluated within the rigid constraints and harsh illumination of  scientifically exhaustive, meticulously analytical regimes, as specified and delineated in conformance with the rigorously explicative approach currently favored by the scientific community.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by azubyky: 11:47am On Mar 08, 2010
make una no mind this patrick guy o!! e de speak benin language for us say na english who is he trying to banbuzzle with his gramitical inuendo, e be like se i don try for vocab too o!! na me speak this one just na? i de fear my self
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by cold(m): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
Jakumo:

The turf is set for the greatest vocabulary altercation of all time; The NL's critically acclaimed grammarian par excellence vs the highly embellished honorable that has raised the repertoire of communication to new heights. The atmosphere is palpable,the tension is nail biting & the palpitations of our hearts are almost distinct to the tympanic vibrations of the auditory nerve.Strap yourselves in.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by YD(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2010
i must admit. i like the guy. but when you talk of effective communication, he does not pass accross the message to an average nigerian. he reminds me of those days in school when those student union government guys address students standing on the podium and speaking vocabs they don't even understand grin grin grin
there's no way you can speak such vocabs and won't be able to speak simple understandable english. if he is representing us and when he talks half the people don't understand him, then issues need to be addressed.

mixed feelings about this guy. he's just a naturally likable person, else he'd really piss the entire nation off. rev chris' grammar started pissing people off. he makes me laugh rather than listen to him grin grin grin that's not effective communication. sad sad sad CS-101

[s]pls someone tell the guy he has a fan in me.[/s]
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by redsun(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
And people are surpise why nigeria state is a joke when you have clowns like this in the senate talking absolute rubbis-h.Not even the real edwadian english were that silly with vocabs.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by stewie(m): 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2010
redsun:

And people are surpise why nigeria state is a joke when you have clowns like this in the senate talking absolute rubbis-h.Not even the real edwadian english were that silly with vocabs.

Calling him a clown instates you're at least half of what he is. I think we should make it to that level first (at least half) before we openly castigate and blame Nigeria's "joke-ful" state on likes of him. If he chose to express himself in majorly Yoruba for instance, I'm not sure a quarter of his colleagues in REPS'll understand him. If he choses to speak in grammar, those of us who haven't heard such should run into the corners and humbly peek at their dictionaries.

Blimey, let's be proud of our ailing yet great country, for producing such who can showcase to the world that they're VERY literate; however odd they've chosen to. In other words' I'd rather have Hon. Patrick exemplify the conventional Nigerian, than Abdulmuttallabs or other Bullshitters (excuse la Francias)

Stewie G
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
redsun:

Thank you, we like him that way. cool
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by enomakos(m): 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
this man deserves some respect,how many of you here can ever speak queen english?
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by klovesh: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
Wahala dey o. grin grin grin.
For me, the guy is not being natural. There are people that have some exotic words in their arsenal and use them in intelligible ways.
I just see the guy as a comedian. chikena. By the time he finishes speaking, the substance of what he his implying will be lost by his listeners

@Ijakumo. Guy, I dey feel u o. U dey in a world of ur own. U guys just made me realise that I no sabi vocabs at all. I like that sha. Good sounding gibberish
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by bawomolo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
Jakumo:

Disgruntled or unpatriotic elements inexplicably tempted to scoff, malign or direct ridicule and approbation at the essential premise of the above paragraph must be advised that while gratuitously verbose diction, prose and oratory have traditionally been regarded as being statistically indicative of innate and often subnconscious predispositions to grandiosity, conceit, bombast, and psychologically manipulative tendencies, that contervailing presupposition is ALSO fundamentally flawed from both statistical and enthnographical standpoints, simply by virtue of the largely argumentative constructs inherent and resultant from the subject matters continual and inexorable metamorphosis away from consideration as an imprecise, ambiguous and esoteric academic subject to be discussed by muttering tweed-clad  professors in the dusty alcoves of academia, and towards being evaluated within the rigid constraints and harsh illumination of  scientifically exhaustive, meticulously analytical regimes, as specified and delineated in conformance with the rigorously explicative approach currently favored by the scientific community.

i knew it grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by beninman1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
This man is an embodiment of laughter, pure and simple.
He knows what he is doing and he is enjoying it full time.

The Ogodomigodo of Benin Kingdom, we hail you oooh.
Keep the grammer flying,,,,lol
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
benin-man:

This man is an embodiment of laughter, pure and simple.
He knows what he is doing and he is enjoying it full time.

The Ogodomigodo of Benin Kingdom, we hail you oooh.
Keep the grammer flying,,,,lol

na so dem dey talk am bro.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by MsTom(f): 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
Intelligent nonsense!
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by jamesyins(m): 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
The guy makes me laugh anytime he opens his mouth, most of them just laughs when he speaks. grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2010
MsTom:

Intelligent nonsense!

Define that.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by AndreUweh(m): 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
@Jakumo: It seems you are copying Kosovo or else , how come the same vocab that Kosovo has been using is being repeated by you?.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by asha80(m): 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
Andre Uweh:

@Jakumo: It seems you are copying Kosovo or else , how come the same vocab that Kosovo has been using is being repeated by you?.

Jakumo is actually the grammar king here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention / Babangida Suggests Part Time Legislature For Nigeria / Plot To Blame Yusuf Bomoi, Dead Ex-NYSC DG For Adeosun’s Certificate Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.