Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,227 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention (27304 Views)

PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki / Buhari To Declare For Presidency On October 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by solaugo(m): 5:14am On Aug 18, 2014
There are indications that former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar is set to make good his intention to seek the presidential ticket of his new party, All Progressives Congress (APC), ahead of the 2015 elections.

Atiku's plan to declare for the presidency is coming on the heels of moves by the leadership of the APC to commence consultations on the guidelines for the presidential primaries and preparatory to the party’s national convention scheduled for December.

The party, THISDAY gathered, might have slated its presidential primary election for November, ahead of the December national convention where the party's flag-bearer is expected to emerge.

The National Publicity Secretary of APC, Alhaji Lai Muhammed, while explaining APC’s plan of action at the weekend said that the party's leadership would soon meet to approve the guidelines for the party's presidential primaries.

THISDAY also learnt from reliable sources that baring any last minute hitches, the former vice-president is set to declare his intention to contest for the presidency in 2015.

Atiku has never hidden his desire to rule Nigeria and contested for the number one job on the platform of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in 2007. He however lost to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.
He also sought the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2011, after his return to the party, but again lost to President Goodluck Jonathan.

If Atiku makes good his promise and declares for presidency for the third time, he will be squaring up against another formidable contender, former military Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari who has already started setting up his structures for the presidential campaign.

An informed source who spoke to a group of reporters at the weekend on Atiku's presidential ambition, confirmed that the frontline APC chieftain had embarked on extensive consultations with stakeholders at home and abroad.
THISDAY also learnt that Atiku, apart from relying on his extensive contacts, has developed an all-encompassing road map designed to tackle most of the sore challenges staring the country in the face, ranging from security, unity and equity to socio-economic development.

The former vice-president is said to be planning to embark on what has been tagged the “Atiku Peace Tour” that will take his delegation to key places and people nationwide.

“The former vice-president and his newly formed team shall be interfacing with diverse religious and professional bodies locally and in the international arena,” the source disclosed.

His mission, according to the source, would be to gauge the pulse of the people on the many troubles bedevilling the country with the aim of finding genuine and lasting solutions to them.

Atiku, who is believed to be a strong advocate of interfaith dialogue as a way of reducing tension in the land, may actually begin his campaign by taking messages of peaceful co-existence, true nationalism and an end to religious fanaticism and extremism that have led to violence.

The source further indicated that what the Turaki of Adamawa intends to achieve this time around, is the need to foster a harmonious working relationship between Christians, Muslims and traditional believers in order to have all hands on deck to rebuild Nigeria.

Another close aide of the former vice-president said his boss would be seeking to exploit his detribalised stance and unlimited networking contacts within and outside the country during the meet-the-people tour to rekindle their patriotic zeal, duty to country and responsibility to society.

“To make good his promise, Atiku was also said to have built a solid intellectual and people-based capacity and competence reservoir to be unveiled in the coming weeks,” the source said.
Atiku had promised recently that he would unfold his next political plan soon after the conclusion of the Muslim Ramadan fast.

http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/atiku-ready-to-declare-for-presidency-apc-plans-for-national-convention/

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by omoredia: 5:43am On Aug 18, 2014
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Ptoocool(m): 5:46am On Aug 18, 2014
Atiku has never hidden his desire to rule Nigeria.... He however lost to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua....
He also sought the presidential ticket, ......but again lost to President Goodluck Jonathan...

grin grin dude been loosinq since 18bc grin grin grin

121 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 18, 2014
Shud beta be a joke

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by sammieguze(m): 5:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Even him

My problem with APC & PDP is the candidates they are fronting.

If Jonathan is coming from pdp side and buhari or atiku is fronting from apc, then it is v sure i will be snoozing in my room during the next general election.

Maybe i might cast my vote for apga or lp though.

#Bunchacriminals

42 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by 3Dimension: 5:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Another political prostitute on the loose.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by freshness2020: 5:50am On Aug 18, 2014
This is no news to us, maybe be to his fellow Janjawweedians here.
Another political waste on the prowl.
Give Our GEJ till 2019....

64 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Tunjasko(m): 5:50am On Aug 18, 2014
Even if he gets APC ticket....he doesn't hve d ability Nd charisma to defeat Jonathan

36 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Neduzze5(m): 5:51am On Aug 18, 2014
If Atiku and Buhari are the only two that will be contesting against GEJ come 2015, then I'll cast my vote for GEJ. These other two should better know their place in Nigeria.
#TeamGEJ2015-2019

70 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by greatgod2012(f): 5:52am On Aug 18, 2014
Atiku
And when he loses, he goes back to PDP again.

42 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by raumdeuter: 5:53am On Aug 18, 2014
Make Atiku go siddon for somewhere jare, Na Buhari we want

15 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by algorithmz(m): 5:55am On Aug 18, 2014
This kind if journalism stinks it's a mere fallacy.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by dridowu: 5:55am On Aug 18, 2014
I can never vote for Atiku no matter is agenda. I dont trust him as a politician.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by BrAkingNews: 5:55am On Aug 18, 2014
ok
Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by onatisi(m): 5:55am On Aug 18, 2014
Apc is a party populated with serial losers .no wonder the wise men among them are leaving. No politician with a winning ambition will stay in apc .

24 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Fabrolistic: 5:56am On Aug 18, 2014
greatgod2012: Atiku
And when he loses, he goes back to PDP again.
.who w'ld choose to attend naming ceremony over that of chieftancy title

1 Like

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by AKMoney1(m): 5:57am On Aug 18, 2014
When will they stop running? Atiku running since 19.. lipsrsealed

Next pls undecided

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by nurez305(m): 5:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Pls all, if I want to create a thread, how do I get about it.....i have been trying to do that but it's telling me I can't create a thread.
Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by yerimastyle(m): 5:58am On Aug 18, 2014
wow I made it here.. just passing
Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by uken73(m): 5:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Atiku has said he is RUNNING in 2015.
Kwankwaso is also RUNNING....
Buhari is RUNNING as well...
Goodluck Jonathan will RUN...
Amaechi said he has interest in RUNNING.
Oshiomole is set to declare his interest to RUN.
Rochas Okorocha is also set to RUN.
Tambuwal is ready to RUN too.

My questions are:
1. Where are they RUNNING to?
2. Who is pursuing them?
3. Do we have Olympics in Nigeria in 2015?
4. Is it 100m or 200m race? Abi na Marathon?
5. Which stadium are they using?
6. What about you reading this, Won't you RUN?

Please after reading this ...start RUNNING and don't look back..Because me too am also running.

33 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by yerimastyle(m): 6:00am On Aug 18, 2014
Another space booker
BrAkingNews: ok

1 Like

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 18, 2014
Only a mad man does same thing all the time,and expect a different result. Atiku,go home and enjoy your loot,stop wasting it on your perceived supporters,they are only deceiving you to squander your loots as VP. Being APC-presidential flag bearer is simply dead on arrival.

13 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by NaLaugh: 6:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Same ol' folks.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by pelvicky(m): 6:04am On Aug 18, 2014
And this one is a failure already,,,people love GEJ,,,we will cast our vote for him.

Sum haters will say he is clueless.
Shebi he is clueless in constructn roads.
He is clueless in constructn airports
he is clueless in making railway lines

Haters go nd die jare,,, D loggo is umbrella don't miss it in 2015,,,,,PDP!! POWER!!

36 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Dymaco(m): 6:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Who cares

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Afrocatalyst: 6:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Hmmm.. Ok o.
Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by kobonaire(m): 6:10am On Aug 18, 2014
All Naija politicians ... leading the country forward backward since 1960...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by ednut1(m): 6:11am On Aug 18, 2014
smh. we keep clamouring for change. yet it is d same idiotic looters dat always show up. as long as pple cannot revolt and mud all dis elite. no hope for dis sorry country

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by canalily(m): 6:13am On Aug 18, 2014
...we are busy watching...

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Edeze(m): 6:13am On Aug 18, 2014
the same old STAR content in a new STAR BOTTLE(LITE).

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention by Reference(m): 6:15am On Aug 18, 2014
The more the merrier.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With King Abdullah II Of Jordan(photos) / Kayode Ogundamisi On Buhari Attending United Nation General Assembly With Family / BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.