Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu (945 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Booed In A Market Where He Went For Trader Moni / Independence Speech: Buhari Was Cloned In London, He Tried To “mimic The Origina / Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by sapientia(m): 6:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is in London, he went through Malaysia — Orji Kalu

Top NewsOct 1, 2017

Orji Kalu
Tweet
Share this on WhatsApp
Businessman and prominent politician, Orji Uzor Kalu, tells SUNDAY ABORISADE why the Federal Government outlawed the activities of the Independent People of Biafra because its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, ignored the elders’ advice

Why did you say that the agitation for a sovereign state of Biafra cannot succeed and that what the Igbo should aim at now is to produce the president of Nigeria?

The Igbo should strive towards producing a president in the Federal Republic of Nigeria instead of agitating for the sovereign state of Biafra. I was the governor (of Abia State) for eight years and the issue of Biafra came up then. It even became a serious issue at a time that I decided to lead (Ralph) Uwazurike to see (former) President (Olusegun) Obasanjo but the former president refused to receive him. I was then surprised that the same Obasanjo was advising President Muhammadu Buhari to dialogue with (Nnamdi) Kanu. That sounds very funny to my ears and I don’t believe that such statement could come from the respected elder statesman who once told me at the Villa that he will never engage in a dialogue with somebody who wanted Nigeria to break up. There are so many federal roads in the eastern part of the country that are in serious dilapidated conditions but President Buhari has been fixing some of them now. If the immediate past government led by my brother and friend, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, had paid a little attention to the terrible infrastructure decay in the South-East and South-South geopolitical zones, there won’t be any form of agitation in the first instance. Some of these people involved in the Biafran agitation are doing so out of frustration. Climate change had really dealt with most communities in the South-East leading to flooding and massive erosion. So, the Igbo should produce a leader that will fix the economic and infrastructural challenges affecting not only the Igbo but the entire Nigeria.
But do you think that the agitation for Biafra will stop even with an Igbo man as president?

Biafra as a concept can never die but I want a situation whereby it will exist in the minds of everybody as an ideological issue and not as a geographical expression. The real Biafra should be a concept for development, and economic growth through planting of more agricultural trees for commercial purposes. The concept of Biafra should be on how to achieve an empowerment strategy for our people. We need a Biafran agitation that will strengthen our industrial base and bring prosperity to Nigerians. It is difficult to talk about Biafra as a republic when the Igbo are living and have investments everywhere in Nigeria. If you go to Birnin Kebbi now, the Igbo are in the majority there after the aborigines; the same is the situation in Ogbomoso, Osogbo, Kafanchan and other major towns across Nigeria. So why are we agitating for a republic? God decided to create us as Nigerians so that we can derive strength from our diversity. The young men who are championing the Biafran republic have never heard the sound of a gun before.

But you met with Nnamdi Kanu in the prison, did you explain all these things to him?

I spoke with Nnamdi Kanu in the prison and gave him quality advice. I counselled him to embrace peace and agree with whatever terms that will set him free. I also warned him against allowing his boys to be displaying Biafra flags, coat of arms, organising parades, establishing secret security service, and mounting a guard of honour. I told him that by doing all these, his group had subdued the sovereignty of Nigeria and are therefore looking for trouble. No government on earth including the United States will allow any group to be championing the cause of dividing their country. I believe most sincerely that with the situation on ground today, majority of the Igbo do not agree on the issue of Biafra as a separate cou

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by Nwodosis(m): 6:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Stew or source?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by dadebayo1(m): 6:10am On Oct 01, 2017
grin AGIP
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by Tolexander: 6:12am On Oct 01, 2017
lol!

I don't believe this claim by Orji Uzor Kalu anyway.
Nnamdi's passports are with Nigerian court, what could have been used to facilitate such movement?

Orji Kalu is just saying this to please APC!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by Penalty82(m): 6:18am On Oct 01, 2017
"There is no section of the Nigerian constitution where you have restructuring. There is no section that spells out the process for dividing the country".

Kalu, pls which section of your constitution encourages looting of public fund by politicians?.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by vedaxcool(m): 6:23am On Oct 01, 2017
Coward cownu has fled and flee to his base

Hum ha flee to his base

f the immediate past government led by my brother and friend, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, had paid a little attention to the terrible infrastructure decay in the South-East and South-South geopolitical zones, there won’t be any form of agitation in the first instance.

Kalu is one of the few vioces of wisdom that dares to speak but keep being marginalized from discourse. GEJ failing them didn't make them agitate ... a fulani president existence suddenly woke up their beerfraud fanatsies.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by agbangam: 6:26am On Oct 01, 2017
Na wa ooo, na so dis guy man take follow Cameroun ==> Abijan ==>Malaysia ==> London.
He abandoned his I-pigs just becos he heard dat 'Zoo Soldiers' were coming, same way he never fought for d freedom of those dat were kept in Kuje prison with him.
Lesson for d nairaland e-Ipods una Messaih/Mandela don flee to his country UK . Well life is precious n sweet and him no ready to die for any fvcking Biafla. NK is a scam
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by ipobarecriminals: 6:29am On Oct 01, 2017
undecided London kor,Ondo ni.They want to play on our intelligence until the hunchback RAT runaway. Kanu is still within potopoto republic. We are still expecting him in Lagos/Kano.Nobody go stop am.Useless Terrorist
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu by Mynd44: 6:39am On Oct 01, 2017

(1)

Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power / Desperation To Travel Abroad Is Killing Us / My Life Is Under Threat Because I Speak The Truth - Governor Samuel Orton.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.