Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,013 members, 7,953,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) (49837 Views)

Ghastly Motor Accident In Nsukka Yesterday Morning (Photos) / Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ninethmare:
When you live in the zoo you shouldnt be surprised seeing these creatures

Yesterday python
Today monitor lizard

Very soon Gorilla will be visiting
oga

Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Sixaxis: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
Yea..caught one too last week nd gave it out to the needy...

Imma cheerful giver yh??
Smiles..

Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Trustme2(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
DieBuhari:

Nigeria is the world's biggest and most populated Zoo
My man you get mouth die grin grin grin
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by beautydutch(f): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
TourismMan:
This creature (I assume it's called Monitoring Lizard) was caught in my area this morning along Atimbo Road in Calabar, Cross River state. The area is a swampy one though. Just last week, humongous python measuring more than 12feet long was caught in the area too. Although people say this animal is just a little one, but the it is so big to me. The man who caught it is already looking for buyers and says he would sell it 10k or 8k last. He is at the mechanic workshop now waiting for the workshop boss to arrive. I guess today being holiday would really make sense to whoever gets to buy this.
is monitor lizard harmful
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Tedassie(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
TourismMan:

Don't blame me if there is any mistake there. I am no zoologist. Just correct me if there is any mistake(s) spotted.
It's Monitor Lizard.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Tedassie(m): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
MissChievous199:
People eat it though... Shebi the Bible says kill and eat undecided undecided undecided
Please what book of the bible and in what context is it relevant here
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Tedassie(m): 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Tweetysparkles:
imagine you people playing with epilepsy... now them go talk say na Buhari.. shocked make i dey go
Epi gini

No offence,please go and research on the nature and cause of epilepsy from any medical journal online or offline. Thank you
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by lovedad222: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
DieBuhari:

why do u like calling your self zoo
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by tosyne2much(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Icon79:
Let me guess, they would kill this poor lizard and use it for pepper soup as well, right?

Na wao for una! In naija, every animal, no matter how dirty and unclean, is an edible food shocked

O pari
Nigerians are still better now, Indians are worse. Those ones even dey chop anything wey get legs apart from table cheesy
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by gmaribel(m): 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dhamilair1:
It doesn't seem harmful
its a harmless animal that minds its own business. It keeps away from people.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by fk001(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

Do you have power?
Don't you pay for it
Some states are owing up to 5months salary
But the higher animals in the legislative chambers who collects up to 30million monthly each are payed regularly...
And you say you don't live in a zoo

Which type of animal are you since you are also living in the zoo.

BTW i never die oo, that means you are a pathological liar Buhari never made that speech, you guys fabricated it.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Ashley86400: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
Let's just come out and say it: Nigerians love rare/weird meat.
Instead of keeping this probably endangered species in a zoo. .
they'll be looking for how to consume it. That animal has really poisonous bacteria in it's saliva, im sure the clueless fools in their bid to waste nothing will still add the animal's tongue into the pot.

The cycle is awalys the same - some jobless mofo catches a rare animal and he instantly lays claim and starts looking for buyers. . .

No wonder they call us the Consumer Race. .because all we do is consume and consume. . we hardly make or give back. A Kenyan or South African would see this animal and give it to a Zoo. .not find ways to digest it. First it was a Hippo, next a Sea Cow/Manatee ,now it's a Monitoring Lizard. All for FOOD. .
I'm ashamed for them.
Food Mongers. .
Awon elebi iya. . . undecided cry

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Tedassie(m): 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
beautydutch:
is monitor lizard harmful
To a certain degree,it depends...smaller animals,young animals are more likely to be in fatality from a bite. The main concern is bacterial infection from it's bite(it's saliva is laden with bacteria!)
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Praktikals(m): 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
DieBuhari:
You live in Nigeria and call it a zoo, that makes you an animal.

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
chai see crocodile oooO... lala on the way
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
Op this your grammatical blunders reminds me of one useless Fulani tyrant independent speech grin grin grin

8k for this small lizard nawa oooO ppl self TUFIAKWA
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by beautydutch(f): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
Tedassie:

To a certain degree,it depends...smaller animals,young animals are more likely to be in fatality from a bite. The main concern is bacterial infection from it's bite(it's saliva is laden with bacteria!)
thank u
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Tedassie(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
beautydutch:
thank u
u're welcome
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by zynzyn(m): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
TourismMan:
This creature (I assume it's called Monitoring Lizard) was caught in my area this morning along Atimbo Road in Calabar, Cross River state. The area is a swampy one though. Just last week, humongous python measuring more than 12feet long was caught in the area too. Although people say this animal is just a little one, but the it is so big to me. The man who caught it is already looking for buyers and says he would sell it 10k or 8k last. He is at the mechanic workshop now waiting for the workshop boss to arrive. I guess today being holiday would really make sense to whoever gets to buy this.

Very rampant in Abj

killed 2 young ones.

Lost the pics however!
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by dollytino4real(f): 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
dis is ecomodore pls d saliva is bad it can kill a man within few hours
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Deo1986(m): 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
For godsake these animals being killed left and right are suppose to be preserved somewhere, what is wrong with Nigerians? These animals are been driven out of their enviroment on a daily basis and why we see them in our areas is because they are searching for food. Please i call on spirited individuals and organisation to come together and see how they can be a voice for these creatures.

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by MrLatin1: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Somebody will buy this thing and eat it o
Lol
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by tolexy123: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

Do you have power?
Don't you pay for it
Some states are owing up to 5months salary
But the higher animals in the legislative chambers who collects up to 30million monthly each are payed regularly...
And you say you don't live in a zoo
go and meet nnamdi kanu to pay ur salary den
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Nigeriadondie: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ninethmare:
When you live in the zoo you shouldnt be surprised seeing these creatures

Yesterday python
Today monitor lizard

Very soon Gorilla will be visiting
Zoo indeed the python dance, crocodile smile, monkey jump, pig grunts, cow sheet, goat fart
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by akajos4real: 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
That is not monitor lizard, it stays in the swamp and land. It is a herbivore. It can swim, it goes into fish ponds to eat fish. They are mostly found in the swamp or where you have dead things or dirt. Look for the name to be more informed.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Glamglam(f): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
Why do you guys need to eat every single living thing that you lay your hands on Are we this hungry in Naira now?? Come on!! Haba..
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by Etianwanokon: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
This is called Alligator. Monitor lizard is smaller.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by abels(m): 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
DieBuhari:
u r a fool
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by osazsky(m): 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
don't let DAT tin bite u it saliva contains deadly bacteria
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by billyG(m): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
10k kwa ,guy u can make millions catching monitor lizards.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by lanshizzy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
TourismMan:

Yes! I don't think it is harmful although I heard the saliva is poisonous.

Not harmful indeed!! Buh u heard d saliva is poisonous buh bros which kain tin be dis
Re: See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) by TourismMan(m): 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
lanshizzy:

Not harmful indeed!! Buh u heard d saliva is poisonous buh bros which kain tin be dis

Wetin I do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Turtle I Saw At Badagry Market This Morning / 10 Valuable Things You Can Buy With N500 In Nigeria / See The Big Scorpion I Killed In My Fiancée Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.