Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa (33164 Views)

What Is Happening To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Oyindidi(f): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
SillyMods:

Are you programmed to hate good news?
grin
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by MisterGrace: 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
cool
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by zeekeyboy: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Been a while i heard Good news in this country
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Inspire01: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pls were is their office in asaba and onitsha
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
tivta:
but i posted this news first. corruption everywhere...

https://www.nairaland.com/4091893/tstv-gets-3-years-tax

Hahaha.... E can painnn
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by joepentwo(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
GOOD FOR FOR GOOD grin grin

AM DANCING NAKED IN MA ROOM
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by bettercreature(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
ayuseyuse:
So where is their office in Lagos? Or is porting allowed?
Its not even available,i called several numbers on their website they keeps saying i should wait till 15th of this month
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by simaustine: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2017
veekid:
DSTV is in trouble. They should start packing their loads already. TSTV is entitled to run tax free for 3 years! Good initiative by our govt
Now Dstv will situp,parasites.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
This step by the government should spur them to meet and surpass the expectation of Nigerians.

MULTICHOICE OWNERS BE LIKE....

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by whitebeard(m): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
evansjeff:
what is your problem? You better retrace your step before you die of self hate.
SMH
the fact that they care less about the educational sector is what is making me angry, nothing more..!!
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Saint83(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Where are they seeing it in Lagos abi na hawking ni
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by moyemasterr(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
TSTV... nice one, DSTV our mumu don do

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by hanassholesolo: 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
I'm happy for TSTV. Nigerian governemt is really supporting Nigerian based start ups. Nice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by buchilino(m): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
SillyMods:
I THINK HE MADE SOME GOOD POINTS
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by talktrue1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Make them open shop now make we see where to buy and begin use
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Horlufemi(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
tivta:
but i posted this news first. corruption everywhere...

https://www.nairaland.com/4091893/tstv-gets-3-years-tax

That's why I stopped posting news on Nairaland
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by chrischukszy01(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please pop where can I get one? As e dry hot...before some people go hijack the stuff

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by talk2percy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
Fabulous, fantastic!!! I pray it lingers and crashes DSTV. Maka Na DSTV egbugo mmadu na obodo a...at least this one is our own...and affordable too! Ad multos annos!!
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by amanze15(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
wickyyolo:
Will they give them free fuel to run their Generators ?
smiley smiley smiley

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by omogidi234(m): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
I said this yesterday- that Government needs to give them some help. Also, they must avoid the error of FSTV & HITV.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by DatLagboi(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
So none of you have even bought it undecided
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by ndiboy01(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
SillyMods:

Hahahahahahahaha he's programmed to hate good news

D clown is not alone........his village people are afta him............his brain need reset or upgrade

Ungrateful people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by adudu208(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
I will urge cautious optimism considering the antecedents and pedigree of the owner of TSTV- Dr Bright Echefu.

It may require more than mere promises and media hype before i jump into the TSTV wagon.
Is this not the same Dr. Bright Echefu that has a long list of controversies trailing him.

Dr. Bright got engaged to his wife's friend barely 5months after losing her during child birth. This was a major social media scandal that went viral.

Few months later he got arrested and charged to court for fraud. He was said to have issued a dude cheque of about N1.6m for the purchase of computers and accessories. This case was taken to court after all efforts to get him to pay was abortive.
It was then reported that the fiancé 'dumped' him as soon as he got arrested and remanded in prison.

Don't blame me if i am not as optimistic because in this case i will only pass judgement after 6months of launch considering the pedigree of the CEO.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Efewestern: 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chartey:
Nollywood producers will still prefer to give Africa Magic their new movies because DSTV pays them better.

DSTV has poured millions of dollars in into the Nigerian Professional Football League without any profit yet the govt did not give them any tax relief. I see this development making the NFF very uncomfortable.

TV stations like Soundcity and Hip TV will still prefer the DSTV platform because they pay them better. Besides DSTV is partly responsible for the acceptance of Nigerian music across Africa.

Many people are addicted to the shows Telemundo and Zee World which TSTV does not have. Not everybody watches sport. That was the same assumption that killed HiTv.

I don't see DSTV collapsing. They're in so many countries although Nigeria is their second most important market. They have over 200 channels with something for everybody.

People don't know that subscription is actually cheaper in Nigeria than for instance Ghana. Cable TV is a luxury everywhere in the world. Sky is expensive in the UK too.

This competition will be good for the Nigerian consumer and is welcome but people please let's not get our hopes too high. TSTV has to earn credibility and our support.

are you done?
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Themandator: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
yakbauer:
We saw HiTV come & go despite Frank Nweke Jr's efforts in seeing that they got EPL viewing rights, contents matter, if they're as good as they claim with that added Internet access, they should be able to give Dstv a run for their money

They ran into trouble when they Over priced the rights of those soccer channels ...Before them, nobody ever offered what they offered and the rights owners were surprised. By the time they paid for other channels , debt was inevitable.

This new guys have taken an entirely different route... They went through the back door to get a second hand right for the sport channels from Bein Tv, something the so-called Chinese Startimes should have thought out and executed... According to somebody here , most of their interesting channels are free to air so they only have to worry about diesel and other operating cost and they got to keep their entire profit for the next three years

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Abeyjide: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
what is tstv still waiting for cos by gotv sub expired yesterday, can't wait any more
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by mblarry1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
good move... but whr can i get the tstv decoder?
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by sheddyboy01(m): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
Great step by FG, this will encourage others with great business to have it done here instead of taken it elsewhere.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by xandy84: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
You're on point. Nigerian want good stuff but does not want to pay for it. Cable TV is expensive every part of the world. It cost over $120 to get a decent channels in States and it could go as high as $250 with all the add on. Good stuff does not come cheap thought DSTV monopoly is long overdue but the new Cable TV is not a rival for DSTV. I am of the opinion DSTV would concentrate on the rich while the new cable TV target the middle class and the poor.

Chartey:
Nollywood producers will still prefer to give Africa Magic their new movies because DSTV pays them better.

DSTV has poured millions of dollars in into the Nigerian Professional Football League without any profit yet the govt did not give them any tax relief. I see this development making the NFF very uncomfortable.

TV stations like Soundcity and Hip TV will still prefer the DSTV platform because they pay them better. Besides DSTV is partly responsible for the acceptance of Nigerian music across Africa.

Many people are addicted to the shows Telemundo and Zee World which TSTV does not have. Not everybody watches sport. That was the same assumption that killed HiTv.

I don't see DSTV collapsing. They're in so many countries although Nigeria is their second most important market. They have over 200 channels with something for everybody.

People don't know that subscription is actually cheaper in Nigeria than for instance Ghana. Cable TV is a luxury everywhere in the world. Sky is expensive in the UK too.

This competition will be good for the Nigerian consumer and is welcome but people please let's not get our hopes too high. TSTV has to earn credibility and our support.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Ubongdemaga: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
NENigeria:

source http://youngnaija.com/nigeria-grants-reliefs-to-new-tstv/
wat of their picture quality? HITV came with poor picture quality. If their picture can compete wit Dstv and also showing English premiership then Tstv will go far.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by diegwu01: 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
I dont see a single post commending The Federal Government here for this huge incentive for this budding digital Tv firm,
Whereas few days ago a PDP, IPOB, Children of Hate sponsored propaganda emerged saying Buhari and the FG had shares in DSTV and were hell bent in destroying TSTV before its launch.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by DIKEnaWAR: 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
2chainzz:
Tstv the best thing that can happen to me this year.

Do you prefer it to being promoted to a Captain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mercy Celebrates 1st Anniversary Of Winning Pepper Dem Edition / Elizabeth Evoeme: Throwback Videos Of Ovularia, "The New Masquerade" Actress / BBNaija: Ike Challenges Khafi's Win As Head Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.