Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa (33158 Views)

What Is Happening To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Themandator: 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
cry
Chartey:
Nollywood producers will still prefer to give Africa Magic their new movies because DSTV pays them better.

DSTV has poured millions of dollars in into the Nigerian Professional Football League without any profit yet the govt did not give them any tax relief. I see this development making the NFF very uncomfortable.

TV stations like Soundcity and Hip TV will still prefer the DSTV platform because they pay them better. Besides DSTV is partly responsible for the acceptance of Nigerian music across Africa.

Many people are addicted to the shows Telemundo and Zee World which TSTV does not have. Not everybody watches sport. That was the same assumption that killed HiTv.

I don't see DSTV collapsing. They're in so many countries although Nigeria is their second most important market. They have over 200 channels with something for everybody.

People don't know that subscription is actually cheaper in Nigeria than for instance Ghana. Cable TV is a luxury everywhere in the world. Sky is expensive in the UK too.

This competition will be good for the Nigerian consumer and is welcome but people please let's not get our hopes too high. TSTV has to earn credibility and our support.

Government didn't just give them tax relief they earned it through proper thinking ...Pioneer status..... While dstv was interested in milking us as we are somebody thought of a way to make a killing from legal policy of the government... They are pioneering pay per view in Nigeria hence the status .... It is a never before tried aspect of the business here in Nigeria ... If you bring another innovation and give same to dstv , government will grant them the status ,also

They are offering data service for almost free ... You can use it to watch any channel that is not on their menu ... I went to their site and saw CNN amongst their news channels because you can use the data to watch it

For three thousand you have 10g of data and a WiFi enable device .., how cheap can it get ... Just that alone will sell the product to the youths and university students

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by HomeOfMe(f): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
Will they give them free diesel to run their several units of 1000 ova generators..,I guess no! I wish them a smooth sail and profit in the first five years. SALUTE!
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Tecno66: 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
wickyyolo:
Will they give them free fuel to run their Generators ?
Thank you. Instead of 3years tax free, let them just ensure regular power supply. This will save a lot of money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by clemmonce(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chartey:
Nollywood producers will still prefer to give Africa Magic their new movies because DSTV pays them better.

DSTV has poured millions of dollars in into the Nigerian Professional Football League without any profit yet the govt did not give them any tax relief. I see this development making the NFF very uncomfortable.

TV stations like Soundcity and Hip TV will still prefer the DSTV platform because they pay them better. Besides DSTV is partly responsible for the acceptance of Nigerian music across Africa.

Many people are addicted to the shows Telemundo and Zee World which TSTV does not have. Not everybody watches sport. That was the same assumption that killed HiTv.

I don't see DSTV collapsing. They're in so many countries although Nigeria is their second most important market. They have over 200 channels with something for everybody.

People don't know that subscription is actually cheaper in Nigeria than for instance Ghana. Cable TV is a luxury everywhere in the world. Sky is expensive in the UK too.

This competition will be good for the Nigerian consumer and is welcome but people please let's not get our hopes too high. TSTV has to earn credibility and our support.
is there anything wrong with being on Tstv and Dstv ? appreciate good news

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by fraudbad: 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
whitebeard:
Yay..so what's next
(Might as well add it to president buhari's administration achievement list)
Hypocrisy.!
Are you going to add it to GEJ achievement? go kill yourself

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by fraudbad: 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
whitebeard:
Yay..so what's next
Hypocrisy.!

1 Like

whitebeard:
Yay..so what's next
Hypocrisy.!
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by adeblow(m): 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
Some people will not like this
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Emaopel2015(m): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
TStv should try to get full EPL right next season to get full audience to her side...good development.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Themandator: 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
xandy84:
You're on point. Nigerian want good stuff but does not want to pay for it. Cable TV is expensive every part of the world. It cost over $120 to get a decent channels in States and it could go as high as $250 with all the add on. Good stuff does not come cheap thought DSTV monopoly is long overdue but the new Cable TV is not a rival for DSTV. I am of the opinion DSTV would concentrate on the rich while the new cable TV target the middle class and the poor.

If dstv follow your advice and try to focus on the rich they will be out of the market in months. The rich wants free things mu h more then the poor ... They will be the first to move .... And people wants something refreshingly new .... Data and video call using your Tv ..... They actually gave you a smart TV that you need half a million naira to get from Samsung for just 5k.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by tosyne2much(m): 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
diegwu01:
I dont see a single post commending The Federal Government here for this huge incentive for this budding digital Tv firm,
Whereas few days ago a PDP, IPOB, Children of Hate sponsored propaganda emerged saying Buhari and the FG had shares in DSTV and were hell bent in destroying TSTV before its launch.
You said my mind bro

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by sugarwiz(f): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chartey:

Pessimism!
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by jinka(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
happy to hear this good news, at least the federal government has given tstv a foundation to stand strong for the next 3 years.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by nigg(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
This is indeed a welcome development, we need more of the entrepreneurs like this to boost our nation's economy and diversify it. The government really did well with the 3 years free tax operation, this will indeed encourage others. I pray they actualize their potential and make us proud. Proudly Nigerian
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by HonabFaj(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
Tecno66:
Thank you. Instead of 3years tax free, let them just ensure regular power supply. This will save a lot of money.

No,this is a private company, developing countries grow with private investors and govt give them tax incentives in return. There is nothing wrong in given them 3 years tax free

That's why NEPA was privatized in 2013 to the so call Gencos (Generating companies) ,how many Megawatts have generated since then,FG are still the one doing it.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by natznext(m): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chartey:

See sense!
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by proffmanue(m): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
DSTV we love u but Zulu land love u more...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by arsenal33: 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chartey:

so says a DSTV staff

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by arsenal33: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Emaopel2015:
TStv should try to get full EPL right next season to get full audience to her side...good development.
have you ever watched bein sports?
They show premier league matches

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Tecno66: 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
HonabFaj:

No,this is a private company, developing countries grow with private investors and govt give them tax incentives in return. There is nothing wrong in given them 3 years tax free

That's why NEPA was privatized in 2013 to the so call Gencos (Generating companies) ,how many Megawatts have generated since then,FG are still the one doing it.
My point is that government has to find a way to achieve steady power supply. Though I appreciate the efforts being made so far but I tell you it takes the grace of God for businesses to succeed in Nigeria because of the high cost of fueling generators.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by opeyemi100(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Judolisco:
Kai dhis tstv news jst dey sweet my belle grin
no be only you
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by koladebrainiac(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
SOLMICHAEL:

Yes!! And even a free nuclear power station.
oh lord this got me bust out loud here man! And that actor picture Jide Kosoko. I just imagined his reaction.
Ole! Come and carry it now! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by koladebrainiac(m): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chartey:

Nigeria is there first most important Market.
Besides football viewing centers will have choice.

And let me tell u.
Dstv will have to try 2times to beat them n what makes u think they cant offer zee world n buy the content from those who actually own it.

You mean Hiptv n nollywood cannot sell right to them again as they are currently doimg with dstv?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by macphilip: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dead on arrival if they won't show EPL
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by miketayo(m): 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chartey:

any channel can buy nollywood movies..they are always ready to sell
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:

Do you prefer it to being promoted to a Captain?
Lol. waka
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by stilldoingokay(f): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
NENigeria:

That's all we pray and hope for. I'm quite firm that they'd not disappoint us but rather disappoint our enemies that want to take everything away from us

I pray and hope so too, and I also pray their don't disappoint us
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Chartey(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
Themandator:
cry

Government didn't just give them tax relief they earned it through proper thinking ...Pioneer status..... While dstv was interested in milking us as we are somebody thought of a way to make a killing from legal policy of the government... They are pioneering pay per view in Nigeria hence the status .... It is a never before tried aspect of the business here in Nigeria ... If you bring another innovation and give same to dstv , government will grant them the status ,also

They are offering data service for almost free ... You can use it to watch any channel that is not on their menu ... I went to their site and saw CNN amongst their news channels because you can use the data to watch it

For three thousand you have 10g of data and a WiFi enable device .., how cheap can it get ... Just that alone will sell the product to the youths and university students

Do you know Africa Health TV? It's one of the worst TV stations in Nigeria. It belongs to this owner of Tstv. Is that the person that will offer all these they're promising? Nigerians no go ever hear word like that MMM time. If una like make una call me DSTV marketer
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by stilldoingokay(f): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
NENigeria:

That's all we pray and hope for. I'm quite firm that they'd not disappoint us but rather disappoint our enemies that want to take everything away from us

I pray and hope so too, and I also pray their don't disappoint us cause this will be good for the country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Chartey(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
sugarwiz:

Pessimism!
It's called discernment dear. Same thing happened with MMM. Nigerians are easily fooled.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Chartey(m): 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
arsenal33:
so says a DSTV staff
I wish dstv could pay me.
Re: Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa by Chukazu: 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
adudu208:
I will urge cautious optimism considering the antecedents and pedigree of the owner of TSTV- Dr Bright Echefu.

It may require more than mere promises and media hype before i jump into the TSTV wagon.
Is this not the same Dr. Bright Echefu that has a long list of controversies trailing him.

Dr. Bright got engaged to his wife's friend barely 5months after losing her during child birth. This was a major social media scandal that went viral.

Few months later he got arrested and charged to court for fraud. He was said to have issued a dude cheque of about N1.6m for the purchase of computers and accessories. This case was taken to court after all efforts to get him to pay was abortive.
It was then reported that the fiancé 'dumped' him as soon as he got arrested and remanded in prison.

Don't blame me if i am not as optimistic because in this case i will only pass judgement after 6months of launch considering the pedigree of the CEO.

hmmm . ..monitoring spiritsundecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / BBNaija: Mercy Celebrates 1st Anniversary Of Winning Pepper Dem Edition / Throwback: How Many Of These Nollywood Movies Have You Seen? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.