Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective (18699 Views)

LAMENTATION AT 57 - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Gerrard59(m): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
laudate:

Beautiful!! cheesy These are the kind of success stories I like to see. People using their ingenuity, limited resources and skills to make life better for their citizens. You forgot to add the Akwa Ibom also has a first-class hospital. The state has been blessed with visionary hard-working leaders in recent times. May their vision never die! cool

The hospital has been closed for more than three months due to lack of electricity. People should stop celebrating ineptitude!

Cc: Ntoakwaibom

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by laudate: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
Gerrard59:
The hospital has been closed for more than three months due to lack of electricity. People should stop celebrating ineptitude!

Cc: Ntoakwaibom

If that is true, then it is so sad. sad Hope they find a lasting solution to the problem, and re-open the place within the shortest possible time. undecided It doesn't detract from the fact that the hospital was still conceived, designed and established by the Akwa Ibom state government. Many other state govts have not built anything of a similar magnitude. A more corrupt governor would have stashed the resources in his private account somewhere, or even squandered it all with nothing to show for it at the end of the day. At least, the electricity supply problem can still be fixed, if the authorities do the right thing. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by deepwater(f): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
kodded:
in case one idiot decide to hide this

Funny enough
The post has been hidden, so there glory would be
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by deepwater(f): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
kodded:
in case one idiot decide to hide this

Funny enough
The post has been hidden, so their glory would be
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Gerrard59(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
laudate:

If that is true, then it is so sad. sad Hope they find a lasting solution to the problem, and re-open the place within the shortest possible time. undecided It doesn't detract from the fact that the hospital was still conceived, designed and established by the Akwa Ibom state government. Many other state govts have not built anything of a similar magnitude. A more corrupt governor would have stashed the resources in his private account somewhere, or even squandered it all with nothing to show for it at the end of the day. At least, the electricity supply problem can still be fixed, if the authorities do the right thing. undecided

It is true. I'm not paid to lie on NL. If the government does a good job in all ramifications, I commend and vice versa. Well, the situation exhibits lack of foresight and planning by the authorities. Electricity problems that other hospitals' have, to be solved? What about the Indians? They have fled!! You folks seem to have so much hope in Nigerian governments.

Una try!
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by laudate: 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Gerrard59:
It is true. I'm not paid to lie on NL. If the government does a good job in all ramifications, I commend and vice versa. Well, the situation exhibits lack of foresight and planning by the authorities. Electricity problems that other hospitals' have, to be solved? What about the Indians? They have fled!! You folks seem to have so much hope in Nigerian governments.

Una try!
My earlier comment still stands. undecided Most of the other state govts have not built anything remotely close to this kind of hospital in Akwa Ibom. At least the edifice is there, and it is still standing. Once govt does something reasonable and good, it should be commended and when it fails to hit the mark, it should be chastised. Problems such as lack of electricity and manpower can be solved, once the state govt makes an effort to tackle it properly. For me, Akwa Ibom has tried!
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Gerrard59(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
laudate:

My earlier comment still stands. undecided Most of the other state govts have not built anything remotely close to this kind of hospital in Akwa Ibom. At least the edifice is there, and it is still standing. Once govt does something reasonable and good, it should be commended and when it fails to hit the mark, it should be chastised. Problems such as lack of electricity and manpower can be solved, once the state govt makes an effort to tackle it properly. For me, Akwa Ibom has tried!

That is the main issue, nothing will be done (esp the bolded). Trust me! This is Nigeria.

Of what use is a gigantic structure of a hospital if it is not working? Even museums have uses.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by nsien1(m): 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
Splendid.
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by engineerboat(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
deepwater:

You know the drill.

More blessings.

Funny enough
The post has been hidden, so their glory would be

Wetin u do Myd44 and his crew

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by GT07115: 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ladyjumong:
the sixth pics. em still trying to understand what it means grin
Well the photographer is trying to depict freedom from the colonial master.
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
IbomPR:
Nigeria recently just marked its 57th year as an Independent Nation, while some would argue that Nigeria hasn't lived up to its expectations as a 57 year old Nation, some others are of the view that we've come so far, so good.

Akwa Ibom State is arguably the fastest growing State in the country over the past decade and it boasts of being Nigeria's economic honeypot as it produces 31.4% of oil which remains Nigeria's greatest export resource.

Despite the separationism agenda cascading through the nation, Creative Photographers from Akwa Ibom state have taken to different social Media platforms to speak the minds of all Akwa Ibomites, reiterating  that we're solidly behind the #OneNigeria Project, they did this with stunning photos which depicted what we like to call #TheNigerianSpirit.

We'll leave you to gush over these photos and let them mean to you, what you would have them mean.
Happy Independence Nigeria, Long Live Nigeria, Long Live Akwa Ibom State.

Photography: Choszer Pictures
Model: Royyale Models
Make up: ANNABELLEWW

Photographer: Ani Johnson
Headgear: @dachepearls
Makeup: @lovelydetailsmakeover
Model: @_mkpoikana

Photographer: Lyncon Jackson
Makeup: Tina Bassey
Model: Nana Essien
Art director: Richyadams Ekong

Photography: SlimCasualz
Female Model: Jenny Udofia
Male Model: Eze Uche
Make up: Alma Smart Inyang
Assist: Itz Ragnar

Photography: FliQ Media
Model: Sunday Ukafia
Creative director: BlaQ Obok

Photographer : Otuekong Akpaoto
Female Model: Moclassy
Male Model: Dominic Edemekong
Directed by: Natty Usoro
Make up: Senora Kome Abidde
Assisted by : Busy-brain Daniel Utomette & JoeWayne Nawa
Photo credit : Kanara Studios

Photography: Lebold Studios
Male Model: Edidiong Etuk
Female Model: Bea Uty Obot

Share what these photos mean to you.

More photos on http://ibompr.com/entertainment/nigeria-at-57-photos/

The girl in the second pics is my colleague and course mate. I call her" fine boy"
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by KOKOHANDS: 11:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
....so lovely.... I'm proud to be from Akwa Ibom!!!
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by KOKOHANDS: 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
nothing will.be done , are you god? afo ado abasi or assistant abaasi? that's the more reason you should vote for me next year. I'll build you skyscrapers in the air at ibom plaza.... yak Isong Ami adot ukanaaaaaaa[quote[code][/code] author=Gerrard59 post=61047017]

That is the main issue, nothing will be done (esp the bolded). Trust me! This is Nigeria.

Of what use is a gigantic structure of a hospital if it is not working? Even museums have uses.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Chinagurum1995(m): 1:29am On Oct 03, 2017
Wow cute photos Happy Nigerian independence day my brothers and sisters. #GodblessNaija #NigeriaonenationunderGod. #happybirthdayNaija #Arise. grin cheesy wink smiley shocked
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Ladyjumong(f): 5:35am On Oct 03, 2017
GT07115:
Well the photographer is trying to depict freedom from the colonial master.
buh the chain is still round his neck. should it not be a kinda broken undecided
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Skybee1(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2017
My State my pride
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by laudate: 2:31am On Oct 04, 2017
KOKOHANDS:
nothing will.be done , are you god? afo ado abasi or assistant abaasi? that's the more reason you should vote for me next year. I'll build you skyscrapers in the air at ibom plaza.... yak Isong Ami adot ukanaaaaaaa
No mind Gerrard59. At least Akwa Ibom has a hospital, even if it is temporarily closed down. What about states where none of their governors have ever built one, in the past 10 years? shocked
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Gerrard59(m): 3:32am On Oct 04, 2017
laudate:

No mind Gerrard59. At least Akwa Ibom has a hospital, even if it is temporarily closed down. What about states where none of their governors have ever built one, in the past 10 years?

So because other states have not built theirs, that makes it right for Akwa Ibom to build hers and later abandoned it due to lack of foresight and planning?

I love the way most Nigerians reason. Tomorrow they want the country to be like Singapore!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by laudate: 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
Gerrard59:
So because other states have not built theirs, that makes it right for Akwa Ibom to build hers and later abandoned it due to lack of foresight and planning?

I love the way most Nigerians reason. Tomorrow they want the country to be like Singapore!
Do you know your problem? You are too pessimistic. sad If an edifice like this has been built, there is still hope that it can be restored to full functional status. Or would you prefer it, if it had not been built at all? Tell us, o!
Re: Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective by Gerrard59(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
laudate:

Do you know your problem? You are too pessimistic. sad If an edifice like this has been built, there is still hope that it can be restored to full functional status. Or would you prefer it, if it had not been built at all? Tell us, o!

I'm not pessimistic, only being realistic.

When the hospital was built and started service, I was elated as there is somewhere modern and equipped where one can get quality medical care within the state without necessarily travelling to nearby Rivers State or spending longgggg hours in UUTH. So when I discovered it has been closed not because the Indians are expensive to maintain or lack of patients to attend to, but rather lack of electricity. I got pissed off!!!

This is same hospital I defended for her prices which is high, same place I defended for employing majorly foreigners even at the detriment of the state indigenes (I've been there, everywhere looked like Mumbai). It's known everywhere that Nigeria doesn't have 24/7 electricity, so why have an edifice where the alternative breaks down and you cannot provide a solution immediately (it's a hospital for goodness sake!).

And yes, as a realist, knowing the sort of government that is in Nigeria, I don't see it working anymore. Certainly, not in the nearest future. I know where I reside, I know her followers, I know how they think and behave, I know what they can do. I'll be baffled if anything positive is done. That Mr Laudate, is not pessimism, but realism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun / Mobolaji Johnson: Achievements Of The First Governor Of Lagos State / Atiku At The Tor Tiv's Palace In Benue (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.