Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,837 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North (24455 Views)

Andrew Momodu Defects To PDP, Supports Obaseki’s Re-Election With N5M / 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North / PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by nghubs1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South East geopolitical zone has endorsed the party’s zoning arrangement, which zoned the office of the President to the North and that of the National Chairman to the Southern part of Nigeria.

Rising from a meeting of the Zonal Executive Committee of the party held in Enugu, the South East PDP reiterated its commitment to national unity and also reaffirmed the party’s earlier agreement on the zoning of party positions allotted to the South East in respect of the forthcoming elective National Convention.

Presenting a communiqué after the meeting, which was well attended by Party leaders namely: the former Vice President and founding member of the PDP, Chief Alex Ekwueme; the State Governors of Enugu (Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi), Abia (Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu) and Ebonyi (Engr. David Umahi represented by his deputy); the Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and other members of the National Assembly from the zone; the Party’s Caretaker Committee National Secretary, Senator Ben Obi, Speakers of the State House of Assemblies and other principal officers, former governors; Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, and a host of others, the PDP South East Vice Chairman, Chief Austin Umahi, said that the zonal leadership of the party will support its candidate in Anambra State, Mr. Oseloka Obaze and his running mate, Mrs. Chidi Onyemelukwe (nee Ekwueme).

The party equally mandated PDP South East Governors, the Zonal Vice Chairman and the National Assembly leaders from the zone to liaise with other geo-political zones in the country to reach an understanding in respect of the party’s next National Chairman.

http://nghubs.info/%e2%80%8b2019-south-east-pdp-supports-zoning-of-president-to-the-north/

1 Like

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by nghubs1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Buharimustgo: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
SouthEast people are not as ambitious and desperate as Hausa/Fulani people when it comes to political power.
When I hear people say that igbos are not marginalized I weep for their illiteracy.
Can there be peace in Nigeria,if the Hausa/Fulani don't Smell the position of the President and Vice for over say 20years?
Your guess is as good as mine

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Tamass: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
Igbos wont like this.. cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Tamass: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
Buharimustgo:
SouthEast people are not as ambitious and desperate of Hausa/Fulani people when it comes to political power.
When I hear people say that igbos are not marginalized I weep for their illiteracy.
Can there be peace in Nigeria,if the Hausa/Fulani don Smell the position of the President and Vice for over less say 20years?
So what are you trynna say?

55 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Flatties: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
Buharimustgo:
SouthEast people are not as ambitious and desperate as Hausa/Fulani people when it comes to political power.
Can there be peace in Nigeria,if the Hausa/Fulani doen Smell the position of the President and Vice for over say 20years?

See dis wan

Buhari till 2023
We can consider an Igbo president afterwards

And its definitely not from PDP

And thanks for clarifying that "Igbo marginalisation" = Igbo presidency

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Tolexander: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
ShyCypher:

The thin' still dey pain you till today?
Madness in exhibition!

3 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by sichri(m): 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
Scheming for Vice Presidency loading

5 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Karlman: 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
fork north
Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by ProWalker: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
PDP + Ibo VP candidate = epic fail

19 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by ableguy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
:DYou are not a brave man until you add all your
girlfriends in a Whatsapp group chat to save
time . cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Jetleeee: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Despite the fact that potor are always the ones slaving 24-7 to defend PDP, they still end up with crumbs grin cheesy

I swear I don't know any PDP Northerner on this forum

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by TheAngry1: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Just give them money, there is nothing they won't support walahi grin grin grin grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Annie2059: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
k
Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Alexis11: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Igbos have aligned more with the North than the Yorubas. Although most times it is an attempt to spite the Yorubas cool

The current myth of calling the Yorubas northern slaves is even funny to say the least. We know who that name fit but definitely not the Yorubas.

1979; They voted Shehu Shagari against Awolowo a southerner.

Even in 1999, because the North presented Obasanjo as their candidate against Olu falae who other southerners wanted, they still adopted the Northern candidate. cool

Even 2007 they followed Yar'adua grin

Fayose how market? tongue

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by misterh(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Oh really?

4 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by samyyoung1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Thot they said no elections, oh....now their leaders wants a Northern President....in d zoo they danced the python dance.....I dey laugh ooo

43 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Na dis same people wey dey claim say dem wan divide

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
In as much as i suport PDP but then can all this old men kindly give chance for the younger ones to make decisions

2 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by NCANTaskForce: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
Bastards, especially Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi the land snatcher, They will all pay with their lives someday, Idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by FisifunKododada: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
The goal of politics should be: To improve the standard of living of every man, woman and child. However, it appears politics is an end to itself. You become a politician so you can remain a politician. When you are in power you claim ALL is well with the country. When you are out of power you claim the country is going to hell in a hand-basket. So you get back to power; and all of a sudden all is well again. Its akin to a silly game. The problem of the country is someone else's fault not yours. Unless you are in power then the country's problems no longer exists. Who are we fooling exactly? Ourselves? And how long will this game continue? There is a way of doing politics that works. UNTIL we do it that way, we are just dancing on our own graveyard.

The nature of the universe is that even if you do the right things for the wrong reasons it still works. But if you do the wrong things even for the right reasons it doesn’t work. People need to understand this.

You have 2 options in life:

Do it your way
Do it the way it works
Most people fail because they want to do things ‘their way’, the way they’ve always done them. But if you want to be successful you need to forget about doing things ‘your way’ or the way you’ve always done them. You need to do things the way they actually work.

You can’t just do whatever you like and be successful.

If you could everyone would be successful.

Unless you do the right things, the right things won’t happen.

One day a man fell into a septic tank. Right up to the neck. He tried to get out desperately but he couldn’t. Then after sometime he started screaming, “Fire, fire, fire!” Neighbors heard the fire screams, called the fire brigade. The firemen came and looked everywhere, no fire. Then they found him in the septic tank, pulled him out and then they asked why were you screaming fire?’ Then he said, “If I said ‘Shit, shit,’ would you have come?!” So just working hard will not do. You must do the right thing otherwise it doesn’t work. Action should be whichever way the situation demands.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by EbukaLive(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
LOL. So, officially it is only the APC that currently has plans for Igbo Presidency...

We go dey watch

8 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by castrol180(m): 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
They will go against it on the virtual social media but their leaders already sold them in the real life...Fayose my feet

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
so they all agreed to be Fulani slaves.

18 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by QuietHammer(m): 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
flat-headed slaves!

27 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Odani: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Buharimustgo:
Can there be peace in Nigeria,if the Hausa/Fulani don't Smell the position of the President and Vice for over say 20years?

What is this one saying is it not ur pipo dat just approved d zoning to d north? Did d fulanis force them? If u feel so marginalized y not pull all ur weight behind an ibo man or better still support fayose

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by IMASTEX: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Who get what, that is the politic of Nigeria. No one cares about meaningful development
Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by S2kluv: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
They get choose?

5 Likes

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by Pat081: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Wot will now b d hope of dat talkative governor of ekiti state now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North by tballeyy(m): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
What happen to daddy that make him rest on his stick, or maybe he is thinking that the zoning of should come to east not north

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Celebrates His Wife Ominini On Her Birthday / Rauf Aregbesola Received 96-Month Salary Arrears In Secret, Claims He Did Not / Northern Traders To Resume North To South Movement As Yahaya Bello Intervenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.