Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

How Independent Is Independent Nigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Independent Is Independent Nigerian (378 Views)

Oh Nigeria! (An Independent Tribute) / How I Became Financially Independent As A Youth. / 58yrs Of Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Independent Is Independent Nigerian by Queerlyshrewd: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Leaving home for school was exciting. Boy I was excited! Finally fee to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. But soon a semester was over and I was home for the holiday and I wanted to form independent. My dad humbled me, showed me Who's boss.
Of course he's boss, he pays for my tuition, my housing, my feeding. As a matter of fact he's like a life support machine so apparently I'm not so independent after all. Well there's some of my folk, quite old folks, married folks but they have to run home and quite often too. They're not independent, they're not responsible and they're not showing any signs. I pray for them.
This article isn't for gisting about my family life, so what's it for? I'm answering this question with another question : is independent Nigeria really independent?
When I was thinking about what to write for this article, I intended to go online and gather materials to blast Nigeria with but I couldn't. There's no light, my phone was off. So I decided this article will be suggestive instead. I'm only going to say what I think.
We'll I think Nigeria is far from independent. Of course we ve left our father's house and we feel we are free to do whatever we want, but we still have to run to daddy. There's international organisations keeping us from self-destructing as a result of war, hunger or disease because our govt isn't responsible enough to provide these for us. Oil is Nigerias major source of income, yet there's no working Nigerian oil refinery.
The Europeans and Americans control our most vital source of income.
America and Europe is still our life support and it's common knowledge that you can't bite the hands that feed you. You see, far from independent!
Finally here's what I think. We as individuals make up this control. The destiny of our country depends on us, especially the younger generation. Let's get responsible, embrace science. Do what we have a passion and talent for. Only then can we be inovative and only then would we havesomething to offer in the worldwide stage. It'll become a level playing field, we'll be daddies too. Then we'll have light, I'll be able to charge my phone and write great things about great Nigeria.
What do you think?

http://queerlyshrewd..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Life / case closed / Unique Writers Are Needed At Nigeria News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.