Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

I Am In Love But - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am In Love But (458 Views)

I Met Her On Facebook And We Made Love But I Think She Has Used Me For Ritual / Two Things I Love But I Don't Chase Them [Picture] / At The End, Women Don't Settle With Who They Love But .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am In Love But by ako1tse: 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
I’m all for love but you need personal space to maintain a healthy relationship.

To many, single and married, marriage as an ultimate, will bring 24/7 sweetness and the desire to be together all the time.
Indeed, many plan for only one room, the matrimonial room, where they will both cohabit.
One big misconception fuelling this is the thought that being in the same space will foster closer ties, chemistry and faster difference resolution through physical contact. The truth is that, for many, it only makes it worse.

In the first year of marriage, everything works well and sharing the same room comes as a plus. By the second year, the initial rush would have settled a bit and couples start to understand the importance of personal space. For many men in this stage, they find, being in the same room round the clock with a pregnant woman is not an easy test to ace but hey, no escaping yet, so I would even encourage being in the same room at this point because she needs your support and you need to also learn first-hand so that you can teach others especially sons.

For most, years 2 and 3 sees the family welcome children who need to be around their mother all the time. This is where most men activate the escape clause and sleep elsewhere but this is not even what I am talking about because I believe a man should be around as much as possible to help out and experience this stage of the children.

It is the period after this (usually year 4 for many) that the true need for personal space becomes evident. By this time, both would have evolved enough to recognise this need. Also, chances are that things won’t be as fresh and the marriage would have had a few scratches and tests. It is also expected that there would have been growth in terms of properties owned so the need for more physical space to keep things. One room literally becomes small (especially with shoes, bags and head ties growing in numbers every week) and with this confined space comes friction.

Fights will happen and when they do, the last thing you want is to be forced into the same space with the person who just offended you. Even when there’s an apology coming, you want space to let it out before facing your partner again. To not have this space within the home is to seek it outside the home (usually offices and relaxation centres).

You’d think this makes it clear enough for all to see but for different reasons, people dread the idea of having separate rooms, hopefully we can discuss these reasons and clear misconceptions.
Re: I Am In Love But by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
loving will only add debt and uncertainty 2ur life grin *ladies will be given appointment date, come dat time #who love epp?

(1) (Reply)

Read Till The End: Kind Gestures Keep The Devil Away / If Your In This Situation Of Sex And Blackmail???. What Will You Do / How To Invest In Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency With Reliable Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.