Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria (14494 Views)

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys / Daniel Craig Is An Insult To The James Bond Persona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2010
REALITY101:

AMERICAN STILL "PROUD" OF NIGERIA, I LOVE MY NIGERIA SO, LET THEM SAY WHATEVER poo THEY GOTTA SAY, AMERICA IS ALL FULL OF poo YET THEY COVER IT UP LIVE A PRESURE COOKING POT.

4K AVATAR 4K THE SCUM DIRECTOR 4K THE LOWASS BITCHES ACTOR AND WHITE backside MEN AND WEMEN IT IT AND WHO ELSE bleep YOU @ POSTER.

WELL SAID SHAAA
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2010
@ ossaas

I have watched the movie twice in 3D and did not catch that line Embarrassed

Are you sure you aint making it up?

"plz watch it with 4D for more demystification
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Rmc1(m): 9:35am On Mar 10, 2010
@ topic

hmmmm isss daaat soooo? undecided undecided
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by AzukaO(m): 9:40am On Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, I heard the Nigerian line in the Avatar but I don't think it was in bad light.

Watching that movie was pure waste of time and money. The simulation/animation was good but the story was too predictable and childish, just like a cartoon story for kids where Ben 10 or Superman can do anything.

Imagine an army with bows and arrows destroying jet fighters and so on.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2010
Azuka.O:

Yeah, I heard the Nigerian line in the Avatar but I don't think it was in bad light.

Watching that movie was pure waste of time and money. The simulation/animation was good but the story was too predictable and childish, just like a cartoon story for kids where Ben 10 or Superman can do anything.

YEEHH, Ur right "AZUKA" My brother. This is just entertainment, just to keep us busy, is not waste of money or time just as you understood.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by nwadinma(f): 10:00am On Mar 10, 2010
Just as someone has already mentioned, Nigeria was mentioned along with Venezuela. Look at it this way, Nigeria is the largest oil producing country in Africa and Venezuela i suppose is the largest oil producing oil in South America. The guy was bragging that he fought in Nigeria twice and had no scratch.
Just tells the countries that USA has interest in 'cos of their natural resources just as they now have on Pandora.

The thing is, this Pandora country could be an a country somewhere in Africa or else where whose natural resources might be of immense interest to USA and they might invade it soon just to,
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by daylae(m): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2010
Av seen the movie,and its kool.

@poster u just don't raise an alarm cos of anything you watch or hear in a movie,not to talk of a movie like avatar basically based on mostly animated fictional characters and scenery. They could have mentioned other places apart from nigeria. No hard feelings,movie producers are just professional businessmen.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Bigtee(m): 10:29am On Mar 10, 2010
Whatever, it shows that the world recognises NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by seyiphoto: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2010

pls you need to go see this movie then "ALI G IN DA HOUSE" the lead actor Baron Sachon wore flashy jersey tops throughout the movie and when its the turn of the Super Eagles jersey to be featured, he was squatting in public and defecating at a function can you beat that! lipsrsealed
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by holythug(m): 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2010
Well. . . theres been a lot of Nigerian lines in Hollywood movies. . . i usually see it as a kin d of message been passed down to the folks. . .it also got me thinkin cos some of these so called lines can be insults, just like in X-men the origins
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by splashbaby(m): 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2010
Bigtee:

Whatever, it shows that the world recognises NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!
For the wrong things
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by sammytb(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2010
It is actually true i heard it a lot of times when i watch that movie, Most of these us guys see Nigeria and Nigerians as a country filled with criminal actvities, Only Ogd known when they will stop these their crazy act,
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by holythug(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2010
being painted as negative is unacceptable angry angry
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by holotee(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2010
I've seen the movie so many times especially my favourite scenes like when he conquered that big red bird/bat. I can't blive that Nigeria been mentioned is an issue. If dem no mention naija, would u prefer it ?

Your country is a big hit amongst muuvees. Show some love people and quit worrying over what aint there ! Damn !
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Elgaxton(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2010
Yeah! I saw the movie last nite and when I heard Naija I was like "are they tryin to compare naija with these creatures?" All in all, the movie is very tight,
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Tcrack(m): 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2010
All those crying about AVATAR, have you watched LOST? you should see the way Touchstone Television presented nigeria. its means nothing. the truth is that, this is what sells. violence,crime, drugs, prostitution ect. this is what the consumers(YOU AND I) want to see, and even if they portrayed nigeria as paradise, am sure some of you will will be the first to shout. "ah ahn  why are they lying "
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Johnnny(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2010
Tcrack:

All those crying about AVATAR, have you watched LOST? you should see the way Touchstone Television presented nigeria. its means nothing. the truth is that, this is what sells. violence,crime, drugs, prostitution ect. this is what the consumers(YOU AND I) want to see, and even if they portrayed nigeria as paradise, am sure some of you will will be the first to shout. "ah ahn why are they lying "

You took the word out of my mouth, Gbam. Well said.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by sirgai(m): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
This topic may seem stupid but if the way the whole world particularly America sees us is anything to go by, the present state of non-leadership, the Jos and Niger Delta thingy, someone mentioning going on 2 military tours (thats 1 year active military participation) in Nigeria in a futuristic movie should tell us that some people either think there's going to be a war in Nigeria sometimes soon or they are working to ensure that the war happens. either way, i think we should all be worried and be on the look out.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by gentlemen(m): 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2010
even febles do happen 4 real
learn your path of the lesson 2da because 2moro will look doom to someone
just as we pray for GOds' protection
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2010
gentlemen:

even febles do happen 4 real
learn your path of the lesson 2da because 2moro will look doom to someone
just as we pray for GOds' protection

i think so
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by tmubee(m): 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
@sayso, I don't think it's just some whites that think Africa is just a country. I think practically the whole of ignoramus USA believes so. But I enjoy the kind of debate raging here. So many interesting thoughts like "Hollywood potrays every country, even itself, as negative. I agree! After all, "drugs, violence and s*x" are what sell movies. Good ideas, everyone.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by jamalzox: 4:43am On Mar 11, 2010
WANTED:
AN EXPERIENCED MUSIC/SOUND PRODUCER WHO IS VERSATILE AND CAN MAKE USE OF PRO TOOLS WELL.
CAN MIX AND MASTER WELL ON PRO TOOLS,
CALL 08066301946.
LASGIDI ,
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 11, 2010
They keep mentioning Nigeria.
Ask Wayne what he means by 'tougher than the Nigerian hair'.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by lekanjohn(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2010
The General was actually refering to the Niger Delta Militant kiss
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by angelo5uk(m): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2010
MAKE INA STAY THERE DEY DOLL INA SELF, COS THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME.

NIGERIA WAS MENTIONED IN PRISON BREAK
500 NAIRA WAS FOUND IN THE BUSH IN THE MOVIE LOST
EVEN IN DAN BROWNS DIGITAL FORTRESS, LAGOS WAS MENTIONED
FAT GIRZL NIGERIA WAS A KEY PLACE IS THE MOVIE
EVEN IN WOVERINE(XMEN), THEY SPOKE IGBO
LIL WANYE MENTIONED NIGERIA IN HIS AMILLI SONG

SO WHATS SO SPECIAL,

BY THE WAY, I HATE THAT AVATAR MOVIE,
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
tmubee:

@sayso, I don't think it's just some whites that think Africa is just a country. I think practically the whole of ignoramus USA believes so. But I enjoy the kind of debate raging here. So many interesting thoughts like "Hollywood potrays every country, even itself, as negative. I agree! After all, "drugs, violence and s*x" are what sell movies. Good ideas, everyone.

I think is a marketing strategy because we gat the population and swagger to patronize every dam stuff in nmarket.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2010
OH YEAH!!! Even Lost,focused on Nigeria(fink on village) at one time.since,Agbaje [eko] is a Naija guy born London WAT THE SOLDIER GUY SAY BOUT NAIJA SELF IN AVATAR?!
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Carlosein(m): 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2010
victorazy:

I think is a marketing strategy because we gat the population and swagger to patronize every dam stuff in nmarket.

yea, even senseless ones undecided undecided
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by idifu(m): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2010
get dis Poo off my face
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by mybad: 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2010
I tought i was wrong.
I heard it too.
The military man in camoflage said something about surviving a war in Nigeria without a scratch.
That says something doesn't it?
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by ifele(m): 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2010
WhAT if a big war does happen in Nigeria. Bigger than these small sporadic conflicts that already exists. I am ready for war mein.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbtitans: How Viewers Voted For Mmeli, Jenni O, Thabana & Juiovla / AIT Returns After Court Nullifies NBC’s Suspension / The Revival Of Igbo Movies: Some Actors To Watch Out For!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.