Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos (31246 Views)

Armed Robber Burnt For Robbing, Killing A Lady In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Mob Beat Man For Robbing Woman Of Her ATM Card. Photos / Taxi Drivers Arrested For Gang-raping A Girl In Bayelsa State - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by Dee60: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2017
Uber is fading in many places.

It is no doubt a nice disruptive idea and technology but the aspect of recruiting drivers will continue to be a snag.

Way forward for Uber is to start driverless cars in places where those cant work, but they will have to contend with Google in this space.
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by Crystalline(f): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2017
Na wah oo
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by Odss11: 9:43am On Oct 04, 2017
Naff24:
Nigerians, we sha like to dey spoil good names. Uber dey other countries, dem no dey encounter such things.
its in several countries yet no issues as bad as dis...maka y naija

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by antijay: 9:49am On Oct 04, 2017
This happens all over the world in all forms of transport and is not exclusive to Uber
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by arrestdarrester: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2017
Its high time Uber got a help line for reporting cases like this just in case the rogue driver steals your phone.

Users should also use the 'share info about rides' (not exact name) feature to communicate with loved ones during rides for security reasons. Just one text with driver's name, vehicle make and colour is enough.
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by Daviddj(m): 9:55am On Oct 04, 2017
ifyain:
It is not only in Nigeria for God,s sake , Uber drivers do rape women even here in London and rob their customers too. Cheap things are not always the best, as the saying goes what you paid is what you get!!

I think you just lied! I live in London and Uber drivers don’t rape or rob their victims.

Their current travails in London has nothing to do with rape or robbery. It’s all political.

The black cabs feels it’s their birthright to keep on charging outrageous fares. Uber only got into London to turn the tables around.

Please get your facts right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by teamsynergy: 9:56am On Oct 04, 2017
Naff24:
Nigerians, we sha like to dey spoil good names. Uber dey other countries, dem no dey encounter such things.

dey deceive ursef there... y is the UK not willing to renew uber's licence?? watch more news...
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by antijay: 9:56am On Oct 04, 2017
We need to stop beating up on Nigeria and Nigerians. We are not an island and it is arrogance to think everything revolves around us. Evil happens all over the world lets try to figure out ways to beat the bad guys rather than bad mouth ourselves. See similar stories from UK, Brazil and a danfo robbery (one chance) locally):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenage-thugs-used-uber-target-10652711
http://fortune.com/2017/02/14/uber-brazil-murder-robberies-crime/
https://www.nairaland.com/3613071/one-chance-robber-arrested-lagos-phones
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by teamsynergy: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2017
Daviddj:

I think you just lied! I live in London and Uber drivers don’t rape or rob their victims.

Their current travails in London has nothing to do with rape or robbery. It’s all political.

The black cabs feels it’s their birthright to keep on charging outrageous fares. Uber only got into London to turn the tables around.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/aug/13/uber-failing-to-report-sex-attacks-by-drivers-says-met-police?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2948069190
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by teamsynergy: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2017
Daviddj:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/aug/13/uber-failing-to-report-sex-attacks-by-drivers-says-met-police?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2948069190

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/uber-drivers-accused-of-32-rapes-and-sex-attacks-on-london-passengers-a7037926.html
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by khalids: 10:08am On Oct 04, 2017
How stupid can the drivers be....all their info is with the uber office.....they know who pick who up and at what time....

These guys are just dumb.....did they think they wouldn't be caught...
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by Naff24(f): 10:09am On Oct 04, 2017
teamsynergy:

dey deceive ursef there... y is the UK not willing to renew uber's licence?? watch more news...

Are you saying I should watch more news than NLding?

I would have known if only the UK not willing to renew uber's licence news has been posted and move to FP on NL instead of yeyebrities news everytime.

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by dfrost: 10:11am On Oct 04, 2017
Techiekingee:

Lol.. Abeg ts not my handiwork o

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the yeye moniker that posted that rubbish.
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by ifyain: 10:19am On Oct 04, 2017
Daviddj:

I live in London and my daughter worked with uber. meanwhile this a link to the independent newspaper about the alleged rape of a lady by an uber driver http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/uber-driver-sexual-assault-passenger-hiv-positive-sarah-morris-london-taxi-app-ride-sharing-a7907871.html
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by bigfather(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2017
Nothing wey we nor dey abuse. We abuse every good opportunities given. At d end dem go come dey blame devil. Eish
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by antijay: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2017
xx
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by seun9303: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2017
law of karma return... everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by enigmaticlion: 10:33am On Oct 04, 2017
yettymuse:
Even Uber? Obara Jesus
every innovation that comes to Nigeria is an avenue for criminals. I've been riding Uber here in the United States and there's noone that wants to rob, rape or behead you. Na WA for Naija
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 04, 2017
NCAN, what's up na?
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by ignis: 10:38am On Oct 04, 2017
99 DAYS FOR THE THIEF....
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by dollytino4real(f): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2017
see their face like kpomo
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by dollytino4real(f): 10:42am On Oct 04, 2017
see their face like congo
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by totorimi: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2017
In other places where UBER is working, the operators are easily traceable through a closed electronic system and the system is up 24/7 everyday.

I wonder what made Uber to come to an environment like this. It took VISA along time to launch here because of things like this.
It is not every business that can survive here. Uber should know that things like this will destroy their business model.
There is no functional GPS, phone network are not dependable, no background checks, no criminal record checks, no driving record checks. It won't work here unless they want to give themselves a bad name.
Let the private registered transport companies handle it.
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by teamsynergy: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2017
Naff24:

Are you saying I should watch more news than NLding?

I would have known if only the UK not willing to renew uber's licence news has been posted and move to FP on NL instead of yeyebrities news everytime.

nairaland only report a tiny fraction of foreign news. so, before u pass judgment on Nigeria, always find out if same event happens elsewhere...
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 11:06am On Oct 04, 2017
Florblu:
No where is safe.

Most Danfo's are safer than Uber if not for comfort and class
Thieves are thieves whether in uer or danfo. Is it not the same danfo that is being used by most one chance kidnappers. The good thing about Uber is that despite the fact that even criminals can have access to the platform, they can be caught easily.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by ivolt: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2017
ifyain:
It is not only in Nigeria for God,s sake , Uber drivers do rape women even here in London India and rob their customers too. Cheap things are not always the best, as the saying goes what you paid is what you get!!

Stop soiling UK Uber drivers names.
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by Lalas247(f): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
Lefulefu come n see slay dragons grin
These Uber drivers sha ... one has to be careful
Re: Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos by bigtt76(f): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
UBER thieves grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos traffic Robbers captured by Rapid Response Officers (Photos) / How A Burglar Slept With Family Before Robbing Them / Gay Lagos Landlord Arrested For Defiling Tenant’s Five Sons (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.