Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria (3511 Views)

SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest / Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' / South West Will Shock Buhari On February 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Totodude: 7:52am On Oct 04, 2017
Nigeria Is Not Working, Let Us Go Our Separate Ways – Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-Up

By Post-NigeriaOctober 1, 2017 08:16

The Northern Elders Forum, NEF, has called for the immediate break-up of Nigeria, saying: “Let us go our separate ways, because the country called Nigeria is not working.”

The call was made by the Spokesman of the NEF, Professor Ango Abdullahi, who revealed that God did not create Nigeria, but Lord Lugard did, hence the need for the regions brought together by the colonial master to go their separate ways.

Abdullahi in a telephone interview with The Nation Newspaper, said Nigerians should waste no further time in correcting the mistake of Lord Lugard.

According to him: “I have spoken extensively on this issue of restructuring, and I gave reasons why Nigeria has failed. The elites have insisted that Nigeria should work, which is why I am advocating that the mistake Lugard made in 1914 should be revisited.

“Lugard made mistake by bringing us together, and I don’t take it that God made this country, it was Lugard who made it. And now that we have agreed that he has made a mistake, we should correct it. Correcting it here means that we should go to the structures he put together, and go our separate ways; or at best, I support the position taken by the South-West, that we should go to our former regions. That is my position.

“If we cannot work Nigeria for 100 years, we should do something else, and doing something else means that we either go our separate ways, or go back to a point where our Leaders agreed for once that Nigeria should gain independence, but the original federal system. I also agree with the South-West’s position that we should have our parliamentary system back.

“We should stop wasting time by organising constitutional conferences. Each time we organise the constitutional conference, they will say there is nothing wrong with the provisions of our Constitution, it is the people working it that are not implementing it properly. So, this shows that it is the Nigeria political class and the elites that have failed. So, why don’t we stop now and retrace our steps and go back to 1960?

“If we go our separate ways, I believe the people in the West as they always argue, will do like our father, Chief Awolowo did, people in the East will do like Zik did, and people in the North will do the same that Sardauna left for us.

“It is because the political class are selfish, that they don’t want to hear these views. They don’t want to hear that Nigeria is divisible, which is nonsense.

“You can’t say that Nigeria’s unity is non-negotiable, it is not true, because the President said recently that Nigeria’s unity has been settled. It has not been settled. So, you cannot say Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by segebase(m): 7:54am On Oct 04, 2017
sauce?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Totodude: 8:01am On Oct 04, 2017
segebase:
sauce?
By Post-Nigeria
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by ApexPredator: 8:05am On Oct 04, 2017
If this is genuine, then I salute them.
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by kingschidozie(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2017
Only a thief will say Nigeria is working

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by wallbuilder(m): 8:08am On Oct 04, 2017
ApexPredator:
If this is genuine, then I salute them.

We cant go back to the former regions. Now we have the Middlebelt and Niger Delta.
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by aolawale025: 8:21am On Oct 04, 2017
wallbuilder:

We cant go back to the former regions. Now we have the Middlebelt and Niger Delta.

At the very minimum, we can adopt the 1963 constitution with the six geo-political zones as federating units.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by magoo10(m): 8:40am On Oct 04, 2017
The north will rather prefer Nigeria to break up than have holistic restructuring.

Many of them are very comfortable with the status quo of born to rule mentality which obviously cannot be allowed to continue that is why we the Igbo's are asking for Biafra through referendum.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by everozone: 8:43am On Oct 04, 2017
This is absolute truth.Thank you Ango.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by otil1: 8:48am On Oct 04, 2017
Fake news. Is Ango Abdulahi the spokesperson of NEF. Where is Paul Unongo

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by greatermax77(m): 8:49am On Oct 04, 2017
We from southeast have seen this since 1967 & said no, we want to go but some gullibles said our unity is settled.
How can we kill to protect a union full of hate & suspicion?
Lets eschew this colonial mentality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by otil1: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2017
www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/igbo-quit-notice-nef-tells-ango-abdullahi/amp/

Igbo quit notice: You are on your own, NEF tells Ango AbdullahiADEKUNLE 
9 JUN 2017

The Deputy Leader of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Elder Paul Unongo has said that Professor Ango Abdullahi is on his own in backing ignorant youths.

According to Unongo, “I am the Deputy Leader of the Northern Elders Forum and Ambassador Yusuf Maitama Sule is the leader. So, only the two of us can speak for the forum on sensitive matter like this. Therefore, if Professor Ango Abdullahi is backing those ignorant youths, then he is speaking for himself.

So, ok, pls show your source
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 8:55am On Oct 04, 2017
This is the sort of news you will see all the people from the West diappear from

When the Northerner says he wants to get out of Nigeria, non of them will utter a word.

When the Easterner says he wants to get out of Nigeria you start hearing shout treason.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Desyner: 9:04am On Oct 04, 2017
gidgiddy:
This is the sort of news you will see all the people from the West diappear from

When the Northerner says he wants to get out of Nigeria, non of them will utter a word.

When the Easterner says he wants to get out of Nigeria you start hearing shout treason.
Are you OK upstairs?

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by morbeta(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2017
The prediction that Buhari may be Nigeria last president is gradually getting real.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Lipscomb(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2017
That mean Yoruba people are intelligent and besides the news lack merit to back the claimed.
gidgiddy:

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2017
Hypocrisy of Ango.......same Ango would not let South go away with their Oil Money....!! Yeye man.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by dlondonbadboy: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2017
I DON'T CARE ABOUT NIGERIA BREAKING UP..I JUST WANT BIAFRA TO GO..LET BIAFRA GO!!
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by ArewaWatch: 10:18am On Oct 04, 2017
Source = Fake News
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Ddaji(m): 10:32am On Oct 04, 2017
otil1:
Fake news. Is Ango Abdulahi the spokesperson of NEF. Where is Paul Unongo
Ango is ofiicial spoke person of NEP while onugo is the chairman
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Ddaji(m): 10:42am On Oct 04, 2017
Kudus to Ango and patriotic NEP,Ango is always consistence on the call for break off of this mistake of 1914(according to sir,Ahmad Bello),he said that during GEJ,interview with sun and vanguard, during birthday celebration of Edward clerk and now.
I think is right time to speed up the process leading to dissolution.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Fidelismaria: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2017
cheesy
music to my ears
oya bubuhari over to you
announce the dissolution of Nigeria sharp sharp
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 11:14am On Oct 04, 2017
Bihari see your people o.

Send operation suya
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by superstar1(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2017
gidgiddy:

West extends from Badagry to Asaba.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2017
gidgiddy:

You must need a checkup.
The man upheld the position taken by the SW and not against so what else does a novice expect them to say ?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by OreMI22: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2017
Silly Games of DECEIT they think anyone is fooled.

There has got to be some measure of fiscal federalism to reduce the north cheating everyone under the cloak of "One Naijeria"
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Afriifa(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
I ended
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by otil1: 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
Then Ango should be declared a terrorist!

Anybody that says lets separate is a terrorist

Ddaji:
Ango is ofiicial spoke person of NEP while onugo is the chairman
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Ngokafor(f): 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2017
*yawns*..story for the press! undecided
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Ngokafor(f): 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
gidgiddy:

You are spot on and smart.
Re: Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2017
He is right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Aregbesola Paying Allowances On Election Day. (Photos). / #OsunDecides: I Stand With Adeleke Of PDP - Senator Omisore - Pics / Hon. Mojisola Alli-macaulay (mama Amuwo) Defiling The Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.