Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' (49796 Views)

Insecurity: Why US May Not Heed Buhari’s Call For Assistance — Falana / FFK: 'Why Has The EFCC Surrounded Onnoghen’s House? Buhari Call Off Your Dogs' / Bolouere Opukiri: Lady Sacked For Criticising Osinbajo & Aisha Buhari Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Limitednow: 7:06am On Jun 14, 2019
Aisha Buhari, the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari has said she should henceforth be addressed as the first lady.

Mrs Buhari’s wish is against that of her husband who said his wife should be addressed as wife of the president.

The president when he sought for the office in 2015 had promised to abolish the first lady’s office because it is unknown to the Nigerian Constitution. He is yet to do so even as at press time.

His wife has continued to occupy the office which is perceived to have held enormous powers during previous administrations.

Mrs Buhari making amends to how she should be henceforth addressed on Thursday disclosed her new official title at the presentation of awards to the former and current wives of Governors of the 36 states.

“When my husband was newly elected, I personally chose to be called the wife of the President,” she said at the event which took place at presidential villa, Abuja.

“But, I realised that it causes confusion from the state as to whether the wives of state governors are to be addressed as the first ladies or wives of the governors.

“So, forgive me for confusing you from the beginning, but now I chose to be called the first lady,” she added.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/henceforth-i-should-be-called-first-lady-not-wife-of-the-president-aisha-buhari/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Limitednow: 7:07am On Jun 14, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Nasa28(m): 7:07am On Jun 14, 2019
So, out of the numerous problems we have in Nigeria, this woman is only interested in being addressed as the first lady of Nigeria? I used to think that she has sense, but right now, I'm reconsidering.

376 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by SadiqBabaSani: 7:08am On Jun 14, 2019
Hmmmmm, Zero integrity, see d weak excuse she is using

177 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by hisexcellency34: 7:10am On Jun 14, 2019
That's what they mean by Next Level! Highly deceitful people

263 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by elgramz: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2019
Next level, the masquerades are now removing their masks and revealing who they really are

324 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by nrexzy: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2019
My first in-law...
Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by wingmanII: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2019
Animal Farm.
The pigs are looking more and more human each day.

229 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Davash222(m): 7:12am On Jun 14, 2019
Power truly intoxicate.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Shikini: 7:13am On Jun 14, 2019
Buhari is a scam

Believe that man and you'll believe anything

243 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by daddytime(m): 7:13am On Jun 14, 2019
Aisha Aisha..

Your beauty dey make person weak on how to respond to your gaffes sometimes. Like say you worwor, you for don collect tire.

The power of beauty

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by WonderManly(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2019

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by alsudan: 7:28am On Jun 14, 2019
Hahahahaha. Just watch as some dolts will still come and defend this.

111 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by EagleNest(m): 7:31am On Jun 14, 2019
What's the difference Aisha? I have been admiring your bluntness on Nigeria issues regardless of your status, why you come dey fall hand now?

35 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by indigenous234(f): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2019
And the confusion deepens

41 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by blackpanda: 8:02am On Jun 14, 2019
Biased journalism
You first started with giving us your biased point of view before reporting what Aisha actually said. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Blazebond(m): 8:15am On Jun 14, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin she don tire to pretend jooor.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by oluwasegun007(m): 8:45am On Jun 14, 2019
She Don vex... Warizz all diz na.

Baba said call her 'wife of the president'

She's saying otherwise,

Imagine me standing in front of both of them undecided

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by AmazingELixir: 8:46am On Jun 14, 2019
undecided undecided undecided

They are all thesame diswan too want to dey show herself...I'm very sure her people have advised her to reposition herself to act as a conduit pipe so she can at least match her predecessor since such opportunity can never present itself in her lifetime.

Time for pretense is over she is now showing her true colour...awon ole buruku..

22 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Alamu1111: 8:46am On Jun 14, 2019
Mcheww go use the name enter heaven olobe

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by freemanbubble: 8:47am On Jun 14, 2019
Okay
Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by vacanci: 8:47am On Jun 14, 2019
Nasa28:
So, out of the numerous problems we have in Nigeria, this woman is only interested in being addressed as the first lady of Nigeria? I used to think that she has sense, but right now, I'm reconsidering.

out of the numerous problems and challenges around you as a person, what do you like to be address?

So because nigeria has challenges, someone should not be addressed the way he or she wants again?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Dutyman(m): 8:47am On Jun 14, 2019
Who will your change of tittle help the hustle on the street

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by Guyman02: 8:47am On Jun 14, 2019
She has left za oza room to the mainstream grin

8 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by exlinklodge: 8:47am On Jun 14, 2019
Hmmmm

Witches and wizard

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:47am On Jun 14, 2019
Only elected officials should be given titles, post and offices not their spouses.

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by ShitHead(m): 8:48am On Jun 14, 2019
From all indications, your husband should be the one to be addressed as the First Lady. We know who the president is. Aisha is the Assistant First Lady.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by senatepresido: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2019
so u don get mind ba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' by AntiWailer: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2019
Lol

Out of all the problems we get in this country, na this rubbish

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Billionaire Sons Of Ihiala Mobilize Indigenes To Vote Soludo / Photo: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Looking Cool In A Presidential Jet / El-Rufai: Boko Haram, Bandits Are Different From IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.