Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] (4764 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / The Atheist's Prayer / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
AtheistSociety:
Quote of the day

Please please . We are not born as atheists I've already destroyed that irrational belief . You can educate yourself since you on the road to reason : https://www.nairaland.com/3771249/introducing-implicit-theism-think-born

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by chemystery: 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
butterflyl1on:

When your thread is destroyed by a single comment lie from me you start chanting liar liar grin cheesy

Sorry for your buthurt . Your thread was dead before it took off.
Fixed!
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by superhumanist(m): 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

You might be surprised. They have been brave of recent.....oh and they have paid for it. Felixomor got decimated on his tithe thread and then kingebukasblog was exposed as a lying fool by superhumanist.

Here is the thread https://www.nairaland.com/4129849/dear-christians-why-developed-educated/1#61653729

The thread dey sweet my body. Kingebukasblog posted a picture from a link stating that Japanese follow shintoism and buddhism (in order to debunk the op by proving that japanese are religious) however, superhumanist exposed him as a liar by pointing out that kingebukasblog omitted a paragraph that clearly stated that religion does not play a big role in japanese life.

Superhumanist posted a bigger picture with the full paragraph showing that kingebuka omitted it because it contradicts his point. Gaddem liar

Sir, 3 mentions from only you?
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by UyiIredia(m): 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
AtheistSociety:
ATHEIST SOCIETY OF NIGERIA NATIONAL CONVENTION.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-bYqCGe1i8kI/WcoP6UgYjaI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/Uuo69Hg9bzYDAUukpN63N_8a324xxtlgQCLcBGAs/s320/Convention%2BNov%2B2017.png[/img]

The Atheist Society of Nigeria (ASN) is pleased to announce her first ever national convention slated to hold on the 11th of November, 2017 with the Theme: Road to Reason.

It promises to feature guest speakers from Nigeria, other countries in Africa and Europe, including Leo Igwe, an internationally recognised advocate for humanism in Nigeria and Bill Flavell, the new Vice-President of Atheist Alliance International (AAI).

It also promises to feature interactive sessions, talks on diverse topics related to atheism, science and religion in Nigeria. Also included in the program of events is a short video on evolution, a question and answer session immediately after and a space for “Ask an atheist.”

For details of registration and venue, please go to our website here

Noted. I hope ypu guys post some videos.and pics on the event. Social media is a very good means if nog the beaf way you guys can raise awareness.
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by UyiIredia(m): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
Some comments on the atheist convention.

1)'Clearly atudents in faith-chartered universities like Babcock and Covenant cannot set up atheist society or must do so in secret.

2) The aspect on teaching evolition is unsurprising and in favt anticipated. Atheists have virtaully always been exponent of evolution and abiogenesis since eavh refutes the argument for design for God and enables a natural explanation for life without God.

3) Celebrating Darwin Day will be, shall i say, curious.

4) I think you guys shpuld maintain a low key profile. Nigeria is still very religious even in the South and my perception is that people are bigoted towards atheists although they may not readily show it.

5) I will suggest the main focus of the organization should be creating more awareness about atheism especially online. Religious debates here and there will also help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Witchcraft? / The Gospel According To Luke / Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.