Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? (29447 Views)

Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? / Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Nelsizzy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
Phi001:

Having exactly 4.5 in each semester for the remaining seven semesters CANNOT give you a first class!!!
It can in Uniben. 100lvl is just 10% of the total CGPA. So yeah

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
Answer YES depending on you...
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
cstr1000:

It depends on how your university calculates CGPA. Mine uses an incremental basis of points with respect to the level while some universities uses a flat rate.
Infact, after my 400L, my CGPA slipped from 4.74 to 4.44 due to distractions and a lot of grooving and pride. Everybody saw me as the designated faculty scholar and girls were everywhere. Infact, I barely went anywhere without one or two Engineering girls tagging along and so my CGPA suffered.
So I knew I needed to be very serious to get a first class and I got a 5.0 in 500 level.

So with regards to your question, if your university is like mine, a 4.5 throughout the remainder of your stay will get you a first class.

I really need to get a first class degree.But my secondary school days werent as good,it's not that I am not thanking God,but I feel inferior to those who scored 280+ in JAMB.
Can you drop hints on how I can make it in the university.I opted for computer science.
Thanks
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Phi001(m): 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nelsizzy:
It can in Uniben. 100lvl is just 10% of the total CGPA. So yeah
It can't happen anywhere.

Even if 100L is 1% of the total CGPA, so long as it's 4.27, you need to score way higher than 4.5 in your remaining semesters to make at least 4.5
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by LordeCalifornia: 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
smiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Tohsynetita1: 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
AntiWailer:

Yes u can..

All u need is a motivation.

U need to target 5.0 in at least 3 -4 semesters and nothing less than 4.6 in others.

5.0 is easy. Target 75 in all ur courses for that semester. Attend class and don't procrastinate.

PM me let us have a deal.

If u push your CGPA to 4.5 I will give u 50k.

And 20k every semester u are still in that 4.5 till u graduate.

I also want deal o
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Nelsizzy(m): 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
Phi001:

It can't happen anywhere.

Even if 100L is 1% of the total CGPA, so long as it's 4.27, you need to score way higher than 4.5 in your remaining semesters to make at least 4.5
Really undecided. 10% equates 0.5 n scoring 4.27 means having 0.427/0.5. I see no reason why you still can't make a first class
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Phi001(m): 12:28am On Oct 08, 2017
Nelsizzy:
Really undecided. 10% equates 0.5 n scoring 4.27 means having 0.427/0.5. I see no reason why you still can't make a first class
Perhaps, you didn't understand what I posted.

If he makes exactly 4.5 every semester for the next 7 semesters, he CANNOT make a first class.

If you don't understand that one, I'm afraid I can't help you.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Phi001(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

I really need to get a first class degree.But my secondary school days werent as good,it's not that I am not thanking God,but I feel inferior to those who scored 280+ in JAMB.
Can you drop hints on how I can make it in the university.I opted for computer science.
Thanks
You're feeling inferior for the wrong reasons...

If you want to feel inferior, let it be towards those that currently have excellent/very good despite not reading hard.

Secondary school/ JAMB/ WAEC/ PUTME are all in the past.

If you want to make it in university;
a. Read your book and avoid bad company.
b. If you can't do that, carry expo and make sure you don't get caught.
c. If you can't do that, have enough money to sort your lecturer.
d. If you can't do that, pay someone to write for you and make sure you don't get caught.

Good luck in your endeavours.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Ymodulus: 1:00am On Oct 08, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

Yea, it did. Thanks.

Can I have your contact?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Ajegun: 4:42am On Oct 08, 2017
I think you should take each course as it comes and focus on obtaining a good grade per course.The more A's than B's the better.All you need now is to "focus",and with "determination", coupled with prayers.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Perfecter4real(m): 6:25am On Oct 08, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

Crop, Soil and Pest Management. But I have special interest in computer science coz I write codes. So, I wrote jamb again and scored 286 but I'm not using it anymore. The sad thing is that, I prepared for the UTME at the expense of my course. So I had a straight drop from 4.57 to 4.28 and now 4.25. It's really painful though, but I want to make amends.
permit me to deviate a little. since your interest isn't in what you're currently studying now and with your good jamb and post utme score having put in so much efforts into getting such scores why not just go ahead with your plans to study computer science? because your problem from what i can see is lack of interest and passion in what you're doing and passion is everything don't just waste such good jamb and post utme score.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by riczy(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2017
cstr1000:

It depends on how your university calculates CGPA. Mine uses an incremental basis of points with respect to the level while some universities uses a flat rate.
Infact, after my 400L, my CGPA slipped from 4.74 to 4.44 due to distractions and a lot of grooving and pride. Everybody saw me as the designated faculty scholar and girls were everywhere. Infact, I barely went anywhere without one or two Engineering girls tagging along and so my CGPA suffered.
So I knew I needed to be very serious to get a first class and I got a 5.0 in 500 level.

So with regards to your question, if your university is like mine, a 4.5 throughout the remainder of your stay will get you a first class.
sufry lie

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by riczy(m): 7:06am On Oct 08, 2017
Sleyanya1:
cheesy

Your case is a very very Hopeful one Bro.

Back in Uniport I knew of a higher level Gas Engineering guy, that was having a CGPA of 1.82 in his first semester, (Having about 9 more). He graduated with a first class.

It's all about improving on what works best for you and setting your standards/discipline towards success.
Finally, there's a place for God's grace.

Fire down Bro.
na lie

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by tishbite41(m): 7:34am On Oct 08, 2017
Na wa o, Naija which way. all man don dey claim 4.sumthn. both d ones wey graduate with certificate of attendance. God help us all
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by JohnWriter: 7:34am On Oct 08, 2017
The answer to your question is Yes, but you must want it bad enough!

Do you know the courses and their units for the remaining 3 semesters? If Yes, simulate your CGPA by computing the minimum grade you require per course to maintain a minimum 4.50 CGPA, that way you know your starting point.

However, one guaranteed option is to get all As in the 3 semesters left.

First class is good, it opens doors!

Here is how to compute CGPA: Multiply your grade per course with the units per course (from year one); add up the total, then divide that total by the sum of all units per course (from year one).

All the best.

AloyalNigerian:
I'm presently on 4.25 after dropping from 4.57 to 4.28 and then to 4.25. I relented due to some issues. Because, I had several options before me so I started losing interest in my course.

Now, my question is, can I still make a first class degree having spent 3 semesters out of 10.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by JohnWriter: 7:37am On Oct 08, 2017
Are you in your final year?

tens4real:
currently on 2.05 gp this first semester about to write second semester exam
theatre and performing art
do i stand a chance to graduate with a 2.1?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by tens4real(m): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2017
JohnWriter:
Are you in your final year?
Fist year
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by JohnWriter: 8:10am On Oct 08, 2017

Do you know the courses and their units for the remaining semesters? If Yes, simulate your CGPA by computing the minimum grade you require per course to maintain a minimum 4.50 CGPA, that way you know your starting point.

Since you are still in your first year, here is a guaranteed strategy; get A in all courses for the semesters left. And don't let anybody tell you it is not possible, people achieve this feat all the time!

Here is how to compute CGPA: Multiply your grade per course with the units per course (from 1st semester year one); add up the total, then divide that total by the sum of all units per course (from first semester year one).

All the best.
tens4real:
Fist year
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by tens4real(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2017
JohnWriter:

Do you know the courses and their units for the remaining semesters? If Yes, simulate your CGPA by computing the minimum grade you require per course to maintain a minimum 4.50 CGPA, that way you know your starting point.

Since you are still in your first year, here is a guaranteed strategy; get A in all courses for the semesters left. And don't let anybody tell you it is not possible, people achieve this feat all the time!

Here is how to compute CGPA: Multiply your grade per course with the units per course (from 1st semester year one); add up the total, then divide that total by the sum of all units per course (from first semester year one).

All the best.
wow thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by kingsmaila(m): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2017
AloyalNigerian:
I'm presently on 4.25 after dropping from 4.57 to 4.28 and then to 4.25. I relented due to some issues. Because, I had several options before me so I started losing interest in my course.

Now, my question is, can I still make a first class degree having spent 3 semesters out of 10.
Its possible if you can make 5.00 in the 3 semesters.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by cstr1000: 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
riczy:
sufry lie
Okay.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Blonchilli(m): 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

Piece of cake. In my first year my Gp was 0.7 but graduated with 3.9. The only thing that stopped me from getting first class was my first year result. Just try and get an A in your final year project and any course with a good unit to boost your result. Then just sit and watch miracles happen

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Ojugunrege(f): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
LordeCalifornia:

Wow! Thanks.
I have ten semesters in all.
My results so far:
4.2 first semester
4.35 second semester
4.91 third semester.
I have seven semesters left.
I just hope I make it.

I just saw your post "chemical Engineering".
That's equally my course smiley

you are well on your way with a CGPA of 4.47-4.49 currently...a lot of room to make up..keep up the good work & do not rest on your oars..

what school?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Ojugunrege(f): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
Alexis11:

Mehn! You are good!!!

smiley cheesy cheesy...na God...
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Ojugunrege(f): 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
logadims:
I will like to be like you oo! can I get your email?

yes...please, send me a message from my profile ( I suppose that's what's called a PM?) & let's connect from there.

I'm not quite comfortable dropping my email on this thread..don't I just love the anonymity of NL? grin
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by LordeCalifornia: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
smiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Sleyanya1(m): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
riczy:
na lie

Lol... Funny sombori
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by mindtricks: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

3 out of 10: There's still hope. Go back to the drawing board and try and see how you can get back on track. It comes with a price. All the best.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by P0intBlank(m): 12:19am On Oct 09, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

It's mathematically possible. You'll need to get an average of 4.7 for the next 7 semesters.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by logadims: 7:10am On Oct 09, 2017
Ojugunrege:

yes...please, send me a message from my profile ( I suppose that's what's called a PM?) & let's connect from there.

I'm not quite comfortable dropping my email on this thread..don't I just love the anonymity of NL? grin
okay. please send me a message @ Logadims@gmail.com I can't even send a PM to you here
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by boyjo: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ymodulus:

Can I have your contact?

Hi Ymodulus.
Please you didn`t respond to my post.

I need your advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Bans Cars Belonging To Students From Entering Campus / Federal Polytechnic Offa Have Released Admission List (first Batch) / Watch University Lecturer Flogging Students (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.