Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

This Marriage Is At The Brink - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Marriage Is At The Brink (4015 Views)

‘this Marriage Wrecked Me’ — How DNA Shows He’s Not Father Of SS ‘son' / I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Marriage Is At The Brink by joa2013: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Samuel is my childhood friend, he got married to Dorcas in 2014. The marriage just like every other has series of issues but theirs assumed a dangerous dimension since 2016. The issue has been on the overbearing attitude of Dorcas's mum who likes to be part of everything that happens in the home. Samuel has also been complaining about the amount of money he spends on his in-laws. Dorcas will always cry each time her family's financial demand is not met. Samuel saw this as being placed under too much burden by his wife and her mother. He claimed to have made several attempts to discuss things with his wife to no avail. So in February 2017, he worked his transfer to Abuja from Lagos and comes to Lagos only at month ends, Dorcas now gets only a fixed monthly allowance which Samuel said she could give to her mum and stay hungry for the month if she like. This didn't go down well with Dorcas and her mum, they stylishly redeployed Dorcas's younger brother who was to serve in Nasarawa State to Abuja to be accommodated by Samuel, he rebuffed this and refused to accommodate the guy. This has been generating tension in the home with Samuel already making attempt to call off the marriage. This I believe will not be good especially for their 2 year old baby boy. Dorcas's mum hasn't seen anything wrong in her attitude till now. How can this marriage be saved please?
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by nosiebaba(m): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
Human beings they are always desperate to destroy themselves and their family..
1) the man married a wife he didn't marry her family to shoulder all their burden.
2) it doesn't sound well not to accomodate your wife's brother if truly you have nothing to hide and your living alone.

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by newyorks(m): 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
yu don't want me to believe that he can't summon the mother in-law to talk some sense into her.

to me let him minimize the allocation he gives her simple,

this is a case because yu ain't rich,if not there's nothing they will demand that will ever shake yu. pray for more money bro dn't complain.
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by prestigiouslady: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2017
The lady should be the one to choose, if her husband is trying enough or she wants to be a baby and cry every time he can't take up her family responsibility....that's synonymous to emotional blackmail to the husband.

She should look for a job that pays the bill for her family....let's see if she won't get tired in a year....let her get a job or the husband should set her up in a business under strict warning that the business isn't for charity.
No one should be under compulsion to cater for every of his in-laws financial needs....he can only assist.
If he meets all his own family requests too, meet that of the in-laws family and still settles his own nuclear home, it won't be easy on him.

The wife is already losing her husband the moment the husband had to get a transfer and she wasn't moved by it.
The husband is the one wearing the shoes, and he knows it hurts...his primary responsibility is his wife and child which he is settling well.

4 Likes

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by Papiikush: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
This is what happens when you get married to a broke girl from a broke family.

You will forever be a source of income to her and her family

11 Likes

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by Buharimustgo: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ok
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by joa2013: 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
nosiebaba:

2) it doesn't sound well not to accomodate your wife's brother if truly you have nothing to hide and your living alone.
I held this opinion too but Sam told me the guy was not posted to Abuja originally, he said the redeployment was done so as to help monitor him and he wanted to cut himself off from her mother in law as much as possible.
To me, Sam seems to be doing everything to protest the actions of his mother in law, including an attempt to even divorce his wife which I see as not tidy.
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by prestigiouslady: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2017
joa2013:

I held this opinion too but Sam told me the guy was not posted to Abuja originally, he said the redeployment was done so as to help monitor him and he wanted to cut himself off from her mother in law as much as possible.
To me, Sam seems to be doing everything to protest the actions of his mother in law, including an attempt to even divorce his wife which I see as not tidy.

I personally don't like the idea of his BIL live with him, he's an adult and should be make a decision for himself.
What if he's not comfortable there in Abuja?? remember he might even be responsible for the BILs welfare and upkeep there.
Heck, the guy might even be struggling to make ends meet and the wife and her family thinks he's an ATM.

I'm still in support of the husband sending monthly allocation to the wife, whatever she wants, she can do with her monthly upkeep

7 Likes

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by joa2013: 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
prestigiouslady:
The lady should be the one to choose, if her husband is trying enough or she wants to be a baby and cry every time he can't take up her family responsibility....that's synonymous to emotional blackmail to the husband.

She should look for a job that pays the bill for her family....let's see if she won't get tired in a year....let her get a job or the husband should set her up in a business under strict warning that the business isn't for charity.
No one should be under compulsion to cater for every of his in-laws financial needs....he can only assist.
If he meets all his own family requests too, meet that of the in-laws family and still settles his own nuclear home, it won't be easy on him.

The wife is already losing her husband the moment the husband had to get a transfer and she wasn't moved by it.
The husband is the one wearing the shoes, and he knows it hurts...his primary responsibility is his wife and child which he is settling well.
Thanks so much for this comment. Samuel actually fell for this emotional blackmail till 2016 when he started reacting, may be as a result of the present harsh economic realities.
Samuel is an engineer with one of the departments under the federal ministry of petroleum resources. He's a bit well paid and think this is the reason why his wife is not too eager to be engaged in what she termed "unreasonable" job offer according to Sam. He told me that Dorcas once turned down a 70k per month Ikeja job, they live at Akowonjo which I consider as not too far.
My fear about their marriage heightened also when I heard that he moved to Abuja early this year, I suspect that he may be looking for a subtle way to dump Dorcas. To me, their issue isn't that bad.
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by prestigiouslady: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
joa2013:
Thanks so much for this comment. Samuel actually fell for this emotional blackmail till 2016 when he started reacting, may be as a result of the present harsh economic realities.
Samuel is an engineer with one of the departments under the federal ministry of petroleum resources. He's a bit well paid and think this is the reason why his wife is not too eager to be engaged in what she termed "unreasonable" job offer according to Sam. He told me that Dorcas once turned down a 70k per month Ikeja job, they live at Akowonjo which I consider as not too far.

She's not serious yet... I wouldn't blame her cos the guy saw some traits in her and still went for her, I tell couples marriage goes beyond love.
Understanding and an organising partner who will help you plan your life in the right direction is a must have, unfortunately the said wife isn't looking like someone who has that.

6 Likes

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by madamshepopo(f): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
That lady is not serious. I can bet it that her mum will be the first to disown and abuse her if that marriage fail and she no longer get money from her as usual. @ OP, your title captions the whole issue, that marriage is at the brink.

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by Eyimofe2017: 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
in my opinion, the moment you're married, your primary responsibility should be your wife and your children which the man is adequately taking care of...extended family should come at his own convenience.

A good wife ought to help the husband make good financial decisions cos women are known to be prudent (at least ought to be) and not ruin.the husband financially.

Let her get a job even if it is solely for taking care of her extended family... let her do it in two years and testify....akowonjo isn't too far if she's really serious.

Dunno why an able bodied woman wouldn't be interested in making money in.this present day even if the husband can foot the whole bill.
There's this pride and self esteem that comes with "I'm working and I can pay some of my bills myself if not all"

she's losing her husband and yet she's still acting on cheap blackmail which will end up as a disaster soon

6 Likes

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
How old is the wife or is she just blessed with an unhealthy amount of stupidity?

What's stopping HER from working and giving the money to HER parents. Which kind of mum does she even have? Which kind of mum thinks she's entitled to her inlaw's money?
The wife is even acting like a baby...crying whenever she doesn't get the money she did nothing for...seriously wtf?!

And why can't the husband tell them what's up? Talk to your wife first. If things don't change, call a family meeting!

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by Evablizin(f): 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
angry

Better foam still dey Dorcas eyes when she lose her husband her eyes go open well well and she will cry better cry,nonsense.

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by BlackDBagba: 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hol' on
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by madamshepopo(f): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
grin
lovelygurl:
How old is the wife or is she just blessed with an unhealthy amount of stupidity?
grin
lovelygurl:
How old is the wife or is she just blessed with an unhealthy amount of stupidity?Loooooooolllll

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by Adaumunocha(f): 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
Dorcas mumsy is wicked... After enjoying her own marriage, she wants to deprive her daughter of a happy home?

Some parents should allow their children enjoy marital bliss without causing unnecessary friction.

2 Likes

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by ImaIma1(f): 1:22am On Oct 07, 2017
Dorcas has misplaced priorities. She is married and allowing her mother to control her family. If he has talked to her and she had refused to take heed,he should let her be. She will get the memo soon.

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by futurism: 4:03am On Oct 07, 2017
newyorks:
yu don't want me to believe that he can't summon the mother in-law to talk some sense into her.

to me let him minimize the allocation he gives her simple,

this is a case because yu ain't rich,if not there's nothing they will demand that will ever shake yu. pray for more money bro dn't complain.
even dangote can't feed Nigeria without going broke. Bill Gates can't feed the entire US without going broke. Nobody is father xmas

3 Likes

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by futurism: 4:08am On Oct 07, 2017
Papiikush:
This is what happens when you get married to a broke girl from a broke family.

You will forever be a source of income to her and her family
lol... Nigerian girls which is why I avoid them.
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by futurism: 4:18am On Oct 07, 2017
My take is that...in whatever he decides , he should be pragmatic and logical but never sentimental.
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by dankol: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
firstly, I commend his patience for two years of emotional blackmail. I can't withstand two months old sef. for me, he has a long fight to fight and stand his ground. marriage is over hyped. yes.. look around you.. you will see it glaring at you that.. having a working marriage now is as good as saying... everton will win premier league... lol... I agree with his decisions 100% so far. but I feel he has been too doctile for the MIL.. I would have faced her myself and give her a piece of my mind..

2 Likes

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by madamshepopo(f): 3:54am On Oct 08, 2017
dankol:
firstly, I commend his patience for two years of emotional blackmail. I can't withstand two months old sef. for me, he has a long fight to fight and stand his ground. marriage is over hyped. yes.. look around you.. you will see it glaring at you that.. having a working marriage now is as good as saying... everton will win premier league... lol... I agree with his decisions 100% so far. but I feel he has been too doctile for the MIL.. I would have faced her myself and give her a piece of my mind..
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by futurism: 6:44am On Oct 08, 2017
dankol:
One of the hardest lessons I ever learned in life is please people and displease myself. I will never trade my peace of mind for anything.

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by Mutuwa(m): 7:42am On Oct 08, 2017
futurism:
One of the hardest lessons I ever learned in life is please people and displease myself. I will never trade my peace of mind for anything.

Sorry it was hard for you to learn..but anyways congrats it's now a thing of the past.I can only please;
1.My Creator
2.My parents
Anyone not captured here is a mere subject of consideration.
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by futurism: 7:45am On Oct 08, 2017
Mutuwa:

Sorry it was hard for you to learn..but anyways congrats it's now a thing of the past.I can only please;
1.My Creator
2.My parents
Anyone not captured here is a mere subject of consideration.
you miss the point... I don't please anyone who are a discomfort to my peace of mind, be it mother or brother. I no send

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by Mutuwa(m): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2017
futurism:
you miss the point... I don't please anyone who are a discomfort to my peace of mind, be it mother or brother. I no send

O boy...your own pass Wetin I de think..Mother..? Nooo this must be seriously serious.
Brother to hell with that one abeg..but mama..nooo bros think am again..

She is one person that would have left you dead if desired while you were nothing.The only female with genuine and true love for you.Only person that forgets herself when praying for you..
Look am well o...
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by futurism: 9:05am On Oct 08, 2017
Mutuwa:

O boy...your own pass Wetin I de think..Mother..? Nooo this must be seriously serious.
Brother to hell with that one abeg..but mama..nooo bros think am again..

She is one person that would have left you dead if desired while you were nothing.The only female with genuine and true love for you.Only person that forgets herself when praying for you..
Look am well o...

I love my mother and she knows it. I had a mother many people wished they had. But if my mother should act as the case of the story shared here, then by all means, I will let her know there is a limit to everything.

I leant not to be emotional over critical issues. I even told my own brother few weeks ago that my money will not touch his child's hand again since he is abusing the privilege and I stuck to my words ever since. Do I hate the child? No. Do I hate my brother? No. But when it comes to issues like this, I choose logic and pragmatism over emotions.

1 Like

Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by ednut1(m): 9:34am On Oct 08, 2017
Avoid brokeass babes especially first borns with dependent sibling. Rabbish
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by ednut1(m): 9:36am On Oct 08, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Dorcas mumsy is wicked... After enjoying her own marriage, she wants to deprive her daughter of a happy home?

Some parents should allow their children enjoy marital bliss without causing unnecessary friction.
am 90% certian Dorcas papa is late. Dem go don use wahala kill d man
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by dankol: 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
futurism:

I love my mother and she knows it. I had a mother many people wished they had. But if my mother should act as the case of the story shared here, then by all means, I will let her know there is a limit to everything.

I leant not to be emotional over critical issues. I even told my own brother few weeks ago that my money will not touch his child's hand again since he is abusing the privilege and I stuck to my words ever since. Do I hate the child? No. Do I hate my brother? No. But when it comes to issues like this, I choose logic and pragmatism over emotions.

my brother. your head dey there. these people you over rate and you are killing yourself for.. if u die.. they will move on.. they are bound to move on. my mum will always tell me back then .. that.. when u carry woman matter for head die on top.. it's at your burial. she will get her first proposal. guys go start to see toast her immediately... would she say no?... since then.. I have learnt to separate emotion from logic or common sense.
Re: This Marriage Is At The Brink by joa2013: 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
ednut1:
am 90% certian Dorcas papa is late. Dem go don use wahala kill d man
Are you a prophet? Her father died in 2011, dunno what killed him anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘how I Got Involved In Water Goddess Rituals’ / Women Who Date Married Men / Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.