Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

An Open Letter To Eminent, Lukmon Shobowale: An Emerging Traitor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Eminent, Lukmon Shobowale: An Emerging Traitor (392 Views)

Must One Be Called Abubakar Or Mohammed To Get Appointed ? - Dele Shobowale / FFK: "Osinbajo You Are Corrupt, A Liar, Disgrace, Traitor To Your Faith & Race" / Northern Youths Blast Dangote: "You Are A Traitor, Moral Liability To Us" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Eminent, Lukmon Shobowale: An Emerging Traitor by Fairshake101: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2017
How time flies. It was just like yesterday when I was begging my friends, roommates, course mates and even fellow unilorites to vote for a man I haven't seen but heard a lot of promising things about. I was campaigning for change and you seemed to be a hope of that change. During your presidential debate- the way you responded to criticism made me feel more optimistic about you being the messiah that I had always longed for. I thought you were fearless and charismatic. I thought Unilorin was about to be born anew, that the students have finally found a voice and oppression may soon end.
After the swearing-in you didn’t disappoint me nor unilorites. You worked on the bandwidth money and the unnecessary charges included in the school fees, you listened to students’ complains about transportation issues, the tab issue and many more. I thought ‘okay, this one is not a waste of vote'. I began to boast about you to my friends in OAU and UNN.
I can’t forget the day you got slapped for carrying out your duty at the CBT centre. I was so furious and angry, my idol has been slapped. I remembered the action you guys took, locking up the man's office (though, you diplomatically denied that. I guess that's what you are good at). Anyways, for the first time Unilorites spoke out and the senate building shook. Write ups everywhere and Lade did a good job with her blog dispensing the information(though, they tried to shut her up too).I mean, you Mr. Eminent made the Dean's wife cry for her husband’s sin. which would have not happened if you didn’t take your stand.
I have once sang your praise, but today I will pronounce your treachery. You see, I belong to the school of truth. I am a fan of justice and I am loyal to her. But you, Sir, are not. The way I see it is that you are a fraud (I expect people to disagree, like I would do before now, because they have not seen what I saw). You are like those governors who do good during their first term, get reelected and change colour.

Why did you work against the very ideals you claimed to uphold?

Why are you such a hypocrite?

My longing, hopes and faith crumble two weeks ago, as I learnt of the way you shamelessly lowered your standards and sold your dignity to perch at the table of the oppressors. How the mighty has fallen. Now, what is so eminent about a mere conformist? I had faith in you not knowing you were just an actor following a script. I wept because all the future I thought I saw were lies. You were supposed to be unshakeable but allowed the Super powers of Unilorin to turn you into their toy and worse still, you joined them to scheme against a righteous man.
When I heard that treacherous audio that you recorded for your masters, it was hard to swallow that you could be among those that can be manipulated by the school. Oh, let’s have it that you didn’t give the audio out to the school as you claimed , but why record the conversation at first? And let us forgive you that for a second, but Why didn’t you record the whole conversation? Oh, you claimed the man called you, yes he might have because he was fooled by your scripted visions like I was fooled. You were fighting for the right of the students and so was he, yet you stabbed someone on the same course with you. You were agitating for the tab of students and he was advising you on how to go about it, and you were busy making recordings? Guy, Na Wa for you oh!

What did the school promise your Eminence, if I may ask? An automatic employment? An opportunity to use the school auditorium for your book launching? or what exactly made you stab the vision you started with. What you don’t know is that I saw you beyond lecturing in Unilorin, I thought you would become a rare Pillar of truth in this country, but I guess you don’t see that far… you are probably content being a toothless bulldog. So, by all means, go ahead and take the job. You will surely be treated as those before you. You have drowned your voice, so go ahead and live in fear.
Dr. Afolayan is a good man and you know it. Heard a lot about him (thanks to the school and you for giving him cheap popularity) and the audio you have recorded (which you may or may not have released) confirms what I have heard about him. But you no try at all oh, didn’t you realise that the audio which your “ogas” at the top are using against him instigates nothing? What’s implicating about a man giving a candid advise to someone on how to help him and his cabinet members?

Chai! You claimed to be unshakeable, but you were shook by the petty promise from the school. If you can betray your fellow students that way what stops you from betraying people you'd lead in future?

I wept for you, when I learnt of this matter, because you are just like ‘Toyobaby’- anything for the image. I hope you add to your book how you betrayed the course of justice you claim to represent or just copy and paste this as the introduction… it will interest your reader to know how you destroyed the hopes that many like me had in you, because you were chicken hearted and treacherous… just like your ‘ogas’ who consistently betray scholarship.
Yours apologetically,
A concerned Nigerian student

Attached below is the link to the audio recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8A2EXPsqsA

(1) (Reply)

Inside NNPC Ibadan Depot Comes Alive / Northern Leaders Finally Calls For Restructuring (video) / President Buhari Signed Petroleum University Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.