Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Another Ethno-religious Conflict In Nigeria: Whence Shall Be Peace? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Ethno-religious Conflict In Nigeria: Whence Shall Be Peace? (2235 Views)

Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity / Nigeria Don't Need An Ethno-Religious Biased Leader - Atiku / Ethno-religious Riot In Taraba, Somebody Pls Confirm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Ethno-religious Conflict In Nigeria: Whence Shall Be Peace? by Suhaibu(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2010
The Sunday crisis in Jos which claims over 500 lives was another violent ethnic-religious crisis in Nigeria that has been happening almost every day. My aim for this piece is not to narrate the whole story. My aim is to appeal to my fellow Nigerians on how to end such stories-- such violent stories of live lost and barbarism all in the name of the supposedly religion and ethnicity.

I as a Muslim, Hausa, strongly believe that religion and ethnicity in Nigeria is a thing that we need to hang in our closet. But what we need to carry along and talk about in public, is, how to tackle the problem of hunger and electricity and unemployment in our society.

Am not a columnist, so am not going to dwell in the topic.

I made a video concerning this. Please endeavor to have a look and approve the message of peace by leaving a comment.
Here is the link of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQmwXLukjQY

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

onlytruth: Option For The Igbos &fulani/hausa Is This. Igbo would loss with IBB / PDP Sweeps Kwara State / Biafra Will Naturally Be Separated From Nigeria Soon (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.