Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (47512 Views)

Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack / Explosion At Chemical Site In Germany Shakes Leverkusen (Pictures, Video) / Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Froshloaded:
Makydebbie, all I said on that thread was just for fun..

Don't take anything serious...

I'm sorry if you are pissed

Nothing is funny about rape abeg.
It's not about me, it's about you learning a drunk woman isn't in her right frame to give consent so you just leave her alone.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by Froshloaded: 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
makydebbie:

Nothing is funny about rape abeg.
It's not about me, it's about you learning a drunk woman isn't in her right frame to give consent so you just leave her alone.

Okay.
I've learnt ..

Can you please take the sensitive mentions down pls..

I'm sorry.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2020

Personally, I mostly ask out thrice and that's it. I hardly can remember anytime when I had to do a lot of chasing.

But some ladies do prefer you chase and chase and chase. So for most Nigerian men, they go all the way. I know a few ladies have told me I just wanted to have sex with them, and wasn't serious cos I didn't continue chasing.

You are you. Some women love the chase. So it isn't about men leaving the conversation when women are talking about it. Men also have experiences to share.

Obsession and consent are two separate things. You attempted to tie a man's continuous chasing of a woman to consent or so. And I am saying it's doesn't correlate.

I remember you, Poco, the Hawk and I had a time we bantered a lot. Poco and I are really cool, offline and online. I am cool with the Hawk. Surprised you are still holding onto that. It wasn't that serious.

Hy Zicoraads I think the other thread has been locked or something.

I've always rebuked ladies for doing the chase thing because it sends mixed signals to men. I've always encouraged ladies to stop making men chase them to avoid misinterpretation.

I still stand by my word because mostly women are victims of these things, show me one man amdd I'll show you hundred women, so when the victims are talking we can only learn. When a fat woman is talking about fatphobia, I cannot say anything on it because I'm skinny and I don't experience fatphobia, I'm not a victim, I can only listen and learn. I don't know if you still get me it's all about reading the room.

Obession and consent work in hand. If there's no consent then we can call it obsession so I think you were wrong there. The absence of consent makes it harassment and obsession.

It's not really a thing for me but I remember every account that trolled me so getting mentions from them gives me ptsd and me wondering what you're about to tell me since I've known you for trolling me.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by zicoraads: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
makydebbie:

Hy Zicoraads I think the other thread has been locked or something.

I've always rebuked ladies for doing the chase thing because it sends mixed signals to men. I've always encouraged ladies to stop making men chase them to avoid misinterpretation.

I still stand by my word because mostly women are victims of these things, show me one man amdd I'll show you hundred women, so when the victims are talking we can only learn. When a fat woman is talking about fatphobia, I cannot say anything on it because I'm skinny and I don't experience fatphobia, I'm not a victim, I can only listen and learn. I don't know if you still get me it's all about reading the room.

Obession and consent work in hand. If there's no consent then we can call it obsession so I think you were wrong there. The absence of consent makes it harassment and obsession.

It's not really a thing for me but I remember every account that trolled me so getting mentions from them gives me ptsd and me wondering what you're about to tell me since I've known you for trolling me.
I mostly kiss and make up afterwards, hardly ever take it that serious. I remember engaging you on your birthday post, where you posted about exiting teaching to go back to school, no? That was long after we bantered right? In my mind, it never happened. I apologize if you felt different and still do.

I still can't wrap my head around the word 'consent' and my asking you consistently to go out with me or even have a relationship with me. Harassment? Totally yes.

I have read a lot of laws both locally and internationally on the question of consent and I haven't seen anywhere that the word is used in relation to asking a woman out.

I have seen harassment, but not consent. To my own understanding and what I think is generally acceptable, consent relates to sexual activity.

Constantly asking out in such a way that it becomes a problem is harassment. Which is why when a lady reports, a restraining order is often granted. But when you report sexual harassment, the question of consent is usually asked and if none was given, then the accused is often sentenced according to the offence of rape.

I will be happy to see a different view, if you have any journal or essay to refute what I know relates to consent.
Re: Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. by makydebbie(f): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2020
zicoraads:

I mostly kiss and make up afterwards, hardly ever take it that serious. I remember engaging you on your birthday post, where you posted about exiting teaching to go back to school, no? That was long after we bantered right? In my mind, it never happened. I apologize if you felt different and still do.

Yea I remember, and it's cool now. I apologize as well.

I still can't wrap my head around the word 'consent' and my asking you consistently to go out with me or even have a relationship with me. Harassment? Totally yes.

I have read a lot of laws both locally and internationally on the question of consent and I haven't seen anywhere that the word is used in relation to asking a woman out.

I have seen harassment, but not consent. To my own understanding and what I think is generally acceptable, consent relates to sexual activity.

Constantly asking out in such a way that it becomes a problem is harassment. Which is why when a lady reports, a restraining order is often granted. But when you report sexual harassment, the question of consent is usually asked and if none was given, then the accused is often sentenced according to the offence of rape.

I will be happy to see a different view, if you have any journal or essay to refute what I know relates to consent.
I feel a whole lot of things have been normalized so when you point out a norm and call it out as a problem, it would sound like you're a problematic person.
Because you need consent for everything and it doesn't have to be sex. Alot of people relate consent to sex alone.
My network is currently shiit but later I'll check up some essay and send to you. Don't worry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Macron Hit With An Egg During Campaign At A Restaurant In Lyon (Video) / Fearless Female Soldier Uses High Kicks To Disperse Crowd Of Jewish Protesters / COVID-19: India's Richest People Are Fleeing On Private Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.