Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market (15222 Views)

5 Brand New Peugeot Cars In Nigeria And Their Prices / Peugeot Celebrates 50 Years Of Legend 504, Nigerians Reacts (photos) / Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by Ladipodeal: 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
aAK1:
the truth is, the brand was not made with illiterates in mind.(people who wont read and follow introductions) when i was about to get my 206 every one around me tried to discourage me and i almost fell for it. my saving grace was that i had made up my mind never to buy a Nigerian used car. what i had with me was 950k and it would not have gotten me any toks car. i eventually settled for a toks 206 and i must say its one of the best decisions i ever made. over a year now. the only thing i changed was an alternator.and oil seal.i have never had to crank her up more than ones and she is crazy fast for her size. my thermostat is intact and i service with only recommended grade of oil.
someone is begging to buy it for 750 but i wont sell. how is that for value?
Did you open your engine for the oil seal repairs?
I once used a Tokunbo Honda 1998 for 2 years and did nothing aside servicing.
My 2007 Yaris over a year and have done nothing on it. It is driven privately by me and drivers for Car hire and often on Uber platform.
Replacing oil seal and alternator in less than a year of usage not too good.
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by aAK1(m): 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
vertueptime:

U are lucky
i disagree. i did my home work.
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by aAK1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ladipodeal:

Did you open your engine for the oil seal repairs?
I once used a Tokunbo Honda 1998 for 2 years and did nothing aside servicing.
My 2007 Yaris over a year and have done nothing on it. It is driven privately by me and drivers for Car hire and often on Uber platform.
Replacing oil seal and alternator in less than a year of usage not too good.
its camshaft oil seal. you dont need to open engine. you just need to drop the gear box. the funny thing is i did the replacement my self with supervision from my mechanic friend. for a used car that is almost almost clocking 18 years you can not expect one or two things to fail.
i am sure if it were some random person,the fault on the alternator wont be noticed. the battery light was on very faintly ,meaning it was not fully charging. i changed it same day. oil seal cost 1500 and alternator 8k
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by efemty001: 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
am using peugoet 307

i so much enjoyed it and the AC na die

but after i had little acident with it... e no be lik b4 again..

e dey get leg wahala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG / Hyundai Motor Unveils Future Design Direction At Geneva Motor Show / Most Important Rules To Know When Driving At High Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.