Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (15224 Views)

Valentines Day: When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
MARKETfund:
Southboy there's nothing like a twenty four hours day of judgement as people mistakenly take such scriptural passages at face value.

Let's start from the basics;
Don't be deceived, the judging of this world is ongoing. Jesus himself made that clear in John 12:31 when he said "now there is a judging of this world". What does it mean? If you are hearing the goodnews about God by any means or aware of the existence of the almighty you are living in the period of judgement Jesus spoke about. How you respond to it determines whether you'll be guilty or acquitted. Therefore whether adjudged write or wrong (we know whether we are willful sinners or not) is determined at ones death. Hence the Bible says "after death comes judgement" (Hebrews 9:27). There's no cheating here cos just as the Bible highlights, we reap what we sow (Galantians 6:7). Besides, Romans 6:23 says that the wages sin pays is death.

for clearer understanding take for instance you have a case in Court which may have been on for so many months or even years. The day the case will be decided and you're on your way to Court what you'll tell a friend who probably wants to know where you are going is: Our JUDGEMENT is today
Why? Because that day determines your acquittal (freedom ) or indictment (damnation)

Therefore there's nothing like a twenty four hour day that God will line people up to remind them what they did on a certain day. God is not myopic, he knows you know whether you're guilty or not.

For willful sinners whose judgement ended with death there will be no resurrection. Conversely for righteous one whose favourable judgement ended too with death, God promised "there's going to be a resurrection of both the RIGHTEOUS and the unrighteous"

Who are these UNRIGHTEOUS ones mentioned again you may ask; anyway those are those who never had an opportunity of knowing God less taking side for or against him. Such ones will also experience God's justice by being given an opportunity to hear about him and be allowed to make their own decisions. Hence the book of Revelation 20:4, 11-12 spoke of another judgement conducted during the one thousand year reign of Christ. Worthy of note in that scripture is that a scroll (God's law or the Bible) was opened. Just the same way Bible is being opened to you today and you accept/reject.
Note too that a thousand years is to God a day (2 Peter 3:cool which is why the Bible speaks of the "judgement day". It's a period of time.

In conclusion, we are living during the period of the judgement and judgment day as the Bible use it in some passages is in the future and it's not not for you and I but for those not day of salvation as you and I.
op look no further this is it right here
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by ttime(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Southboy:
Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone.
I woke up this morning to the argument of some of my neighbors about judgement day and it hit me, what's the essence of lining up waiting to be judged by God when he already knows what the answer to the question is?

Am only here for the knowledge

What is the essence of speech and prize giving day when the teachers, head teacher and even fellow students already know their position from test and exam scripts?
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
omoadeleye:

I have always remixed this question in my mind, so i later came into conclusion that, God want don't to feel bias, so he wants us to witness our handy work, so that on the judgement day, it won't be like, "but God, i can't do or can never such a thing why would you have to send me to damnation?" Since we are now on earth and after death and when God is placing man to the right place he belongs, at least you will know by yourself that you really belong to the position assigned to you with any challenging or questioning...

And when people are placed in there places, they should not feel pain, and if they do God is not merciful as we think he is because he knew all this from the start... Religion is simply for crazy people, I conclude. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
@OP please read Romans 6:7 and then ask your question again. That automatically render your question inadequate. On the judgement day we are all looking forward to, it is not meant for judging past deeds. So what is the Judgement Day. Just like marketfund said its not a 24 hour thing. It has far greater meaning than what some people are thinking today. For record purpose, the judgement day is not meant to judge past deeds(what we are all doing now) because I believe whenever we pray we are in a way laying bare our sins before our creator. So God did not need to set aside a special day again to present ones sins when the indivivual present it himself/herself on daily basis when he/she pray to God.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by omoadeleye(m): 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

And when people are placed in there places, they should not feel pain, and if they do God is not merciful as we think he is because he knew all this from the start... Religion is simply for crazy people, I conclude. kiss

But it is written in the Bible that, humans are given grace while they are still alive, but when they are dead without repenting no grace for them again... So you can say God is not merciful on that judgment which is already known to us...and how do you feel when someone does bad to you? Won't you always want quick justice for that person?
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by OtemAtum: 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
billagreen:

what is this one saying?
what did you read?
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by macjive01: 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
There's no reason to be an adherent of the Abrahamic religion IMO.

An unsubstantiated, invisible, all knowing (knows the future), all powerful, supernatural creator judge, that refuses to reveal itself, leaves no evidence, and is petty enough to eternally punish those that were unconvinced ... is a pretty outrageous claim.

I'm going to need more than some old books that can best summed as "trust me" to buy into that claim. Why would you believe such a thing is a better question than why wouldn't you. Especially considering there's no shortage of old books, all with different stories, that all rely on "trust me" as their basis.

But whatever, each to their own I suppose.

You have said it all
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by safepaulooo(m): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Southboy:
I woke up this morning to the argument of some of my neighbors about judgement day and it hit me, what's the essence of lining up waiting to be judged by God when he already knows what the answer to the question is?

You are very close to a break through....TRUTH IS CALLING YOU. Please read Job 34:21-23. The future judgement day is not a form of query on God's part to find us out. Also read Isaiah 26: 9.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by OtemAtum: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
segunojo866:
so the war in Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq is not caused by religion?
bible has caused more war than peace.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by safepaulooo(m): 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Southboy:

You are very close to a break through. TRUTH IS CALLING YOU. please read Job 34:21-23. The future judgement day is not a form of query by God to search us out. Also read Isaiah 26:9. The future judgement day will span one thousand years and will be a period for persons to learn righteousness.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by PunditAfrica(m): 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
90% of things said about faith and the hereafter r total imagination.. As incoherent as they r, they r most times impossible event.. I tend to believe that the hereafter wl happen to each person just as existence. We all came here without a foreknowledge neither knowlegde of what we wl live to experience here nor that of where we came from. Our earthly journey isnt conditioned on d premise of our actions or inactions of preexistence life. So after death, anoda vista opens for each person...
Overall,, existence and hereafter is a very complex topic that no one has absolute knowledge about!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
omoadeleye:

But it is written in the Bible that, humans are given grace while they are still alive, but when they are dead without repenting no grace for them again... So you can say God is not merciful on that judgment which is already known to us...and how do you feel when someone does bad to you? Won't you always want quick justice for that person?

If someone offend me, Yes I will want justice, because we are humans and the respect should be equal, and remember once again God is not man.

This is what the op is saying... Before he created us, he knew everything.. just like a movie script writer, he knows the ACTOR AND THE BOSS cheesy (pardon that slang) he knew who will die for who he knew who will triumph at last because he has created them as HE likes, thus I believe human cannot behave out of the boundary and act what is not written for him. so whose fault again if he goes to hell? TOTALLY SENSELESS
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
PunditAfrica:
90% of things said about faith and the hereafter r total imagination.. As incoherent as they r, they r most times impossible event.. I tend to believe that the hereafter wl happen to each person just as existence. We all came here without a foreknowledge neither knowlegde of what we wl live to experience here nor that of where we came from. Our earthly journey isnt conditioned on d premise of our actions or inactions of preexistence life. So after death, anoda vista opens for each person...
Overall,, existence and hereafter is a very complex topic that no one has absolute knowledge about!

Nice one jare. you nailed it.

But we are living HERE and NOW and let us live the HERE and NOW with peace, and let our general conscience be thy law.

Hereafter? Leave the hereafter for the hereafterers. Lol. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by omoadeleye(m): 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

If someone offend me, Yes I will want justice, because we are humans and the respect should be equal, and remember once again God is not man.

This is what the op is saying... Before he created us, he knew everything.. just like a movie script writer, he knows the ACTOR AND THE BOSS cheesy (pardon that slang) he knew who will die for who he knew who will triumph at last because he has created them as HE likes, thus I believe human cannot behave out of the boundary and act what is not written for him. so whose fault again if he goes to hell? TOTALLY SENSELESS

Well, I don't think God wrote a script, cause it will still be biased if a script was written cause God can't favour others to others, so everyone is given equall opportunity and brain to act and think how the person deem fit...
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by PunditAfrica(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

Nice one jare. you nailed it.

But we are living HERE and NOW and let us live the HERE and NOW with peace, and let our general conscience be thy law.

Hereafter? Leave the hereafter for the hereafterers. Lol. grin
Loolx...
D conscience is d ultimate guide

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 12:38am On Oct 09, 2017
achorladey:
@OP please read Romans 6:7 and then ask your question again. That automatically render your question inadequate. On the judgement day we are all looking forward to, it is not meant for judging past deeds. So what is the Judgement Day. Just like marketfund said its not a 24 hour thing. It has far greater meaning than what some people are thinking today. For record purpose, the judgement day is not meant to judge past deeds(what we are all doing now) because I believe whenever we pray we are in a way laying bare our sins before our creator. So God did not need to set aside a special day again to present ones sins when the indivivual present it himself/herself on daily basis when he/she pray to God.

Please go back and read romans chapter 6, begin from the verse one so you will understand that the verse is simply saying that one who is dead is incapable of committing sin therefore when we are buried with christ in baptism our old self dies to sin and we become new.

It is after judgment has taken place that people will pay for their sins by eternal death(which is the wages of sin) , whatever death we die today is temporary especially for those who believe in christ because he has died in our stead.

If we could pay for our sins by dying, christ death on the cross would be of no use.
Thanks
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 12:54am On Oct 09, 2017
@ op
God is all knowing but at the same time he allows humans freedom of choice, he knows the outcome of whatever choices you may take but he does not choose for you, eg if you are faced with a temptation to steal which is a sin God knows the outcome of your choosing to sin or not to sin but the decision rest solely on you.

No one is predestined to sin or not to sin, we make those choices for our selves. God only knows the end result of our choices, he doesn't choose for us.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by KinzyeWriter(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2017
PunditAfrica:

Loolx...
D conscience is d ultimate guide
Na so bro.

Tired of the hereafter headaches.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by wonder233: 10:23am On Oct 09, 2017
Southboy:

It makes sense.
It doesn't make sense. God has all power, not some, I mean absolutely ALL POWER both in heaven, on earth and any and everywhere else.
God created everything including the so-called devil. We know with a single command, God can kill the devil totally, right? We also know with a single command, God can remove all affliction from this world, right? We also know with a single command God can make all humans exactly what he wants them to be, right?
So, what is this 'game' with humans, the devil, salvation, heaven and hell about? It doesn't add up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2017
s4short:

Please go back and read romans chapter 6, begin from the verse one so you will understand that the verse is simply saying that one who is dead is incapable of committing sin therefore when we are buried with christ in baptism our old self dies to sin and we become new.

It is after judgment has taken place that people will pay for their sins by eternal death(which is the wages of sin) , whatever death we die today is temporary especially for those who believe in christ because he has died in our stead.

If we could pay for our sins by dying, christ death on the cross would be of no use.
Thanks
What is the wages of Sin according to the same Romans chapter 6. What is the consequence of Adam Sin.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
s4short:

Thanks
Get this straight....... Adam has one life given to Adam by God, Adam can decide to lose it by disobeying his maker. What will Adam get in return for sinning against his maker? DEATH. Dont forget its just that "one life". Now, since Adam has decided to buy death from company SIN, company SIN will pay him Death in return for his 'one life'. Therefore, you know Adam on his own cannot bring himself back to life because that is comprehensively beyond Adam's power, this where christ death comes in. 1 Corinthians 5: 15 and he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up.
So,Adam paid for his sins with that single life he has but he cannot redeem him it back on his own. Christ ransom sacrifice becomes the greatest gift Romans 6:23 from God. Only for those who exercise faith in it.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by jmichael259(m): 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
Southboy:

Even tho the bible used such wordings to describe Judgement day it is not a literal standing in line. Those are symbolic statements. We are already being judged ''by their fruits you shall know them''

if sm1 shld die suddenly what other thing is there to judge as the bible said ''the dead have no love, hate, debt''?
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 6:55am On Oct 10, 2017
achorladey:

What is the wages of Sin according to the same Romans chapter 6. What is the consequence of Adam Sin.

The wages of sin is death (eternal not temporary) also the consequence of Adam's sin is death (eternal not temporary). Even adam may rise to eternal life because Jesus has died for his sin, his temporary death doesn't count for nought.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2017
achorladey:

Get this straight....... Adam has one life given to Adam by God, Adam can decide to lose it by disobeying his maker. What will Adam get in return for sinning against his maker? DEATH. Dont forget its just that "one life". Now, since Adam has decided to buy death from company SIN, company SIN will pay him Death in return for his 'one life'. Therefore, you know Adam on his own cannot bring himself back to life because that is comprehensively beyond Adam's power, this where christ death comes in. 1 Corinthians 5: 15 and he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up.
So,Adam paid for his sins with that single life he has but he cannot redeem him it back on his own. Christ ransom sacrifice becomes the greatest gift Romans 6:23 from God. Only for those who exercise faith in it.

Adam does not need Christ if his own death has paid for his sin, Christ doesn't need to come and die for sinners to be able to resurrect them. If we were to pay for our sins without Christ it will be eternal and complete destruction for everyone which is why Christ had to come and be a substitute for us.

The verse you quoted is talking about the living and how we who believe in Christ should live in newness of life putting away self and it's desires and living for Christ(living a christ like life). You need to read that verse over starting from the beginning of the chapter.

It is even clearly written there "those who live should live no longer for themselves but for him" the verse has absolutely nothing to do with death and resurrection.
Thanks
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
achorladey:

Adam does not need Christ if his own death has paid for his sin, Christ doesn't need to come and die for sinners to be able to resurrect them. If we were to pay for our sins without Christ it will be eternal and complete destruction for everyone which is why Christ had to come and be a substitute for us.

The verse you quoted is talking about the living and how we who believe in Christ should live in newness of life putting away self and it's desires and living for Christ(living a christ like life). You need to read that verse over starting from the beginning of the chapter.

It is even clearly written there "those who live should live no longer for themselves but for him" the verse has absolutely nothing to do with death and resurrection.
Thanks
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
s4short:

Thanks
Adam did pay for his sins when he died. That was the penalty he got for disobedience. Adam ability to gain his life back after he gave it in exchange for sins is no longer within his power. This is where death of Jesus christ comes in. Those that are living now and those that will be resurrected under Gods kingdom will not live for themselves believing they have earned it within their own capacity but instead they got the right to live again because of the person that die for them Jesus christ.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
s4short:

Thanks
Yes, Adam dont really need christ death just like anyone who do not exercise faith in christ ransom sacrifice today. It means such individuals are content with the life they have knowing fully well that after they die, No hope of resurrection.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
s4short:

The wages of sin is death (eternal not temporary) also the consequence of Adam's sin is death (eternal not temporary). Even adam may rise to eternal life because Jesus has died for his sin, his temporary death doesn't count for nought.
Matthew 20:28 even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. Just like it was during isrealites, life for life. Jesus christ is a life giving spirit. 1 Cor 15:45. The life we lost as a result of sin leading to death is given back to us because of exercising faith in the greatest gift mankind can ever think of Jesus christ the life giving spirit.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 12:05am On Oct 11, 2017
achorladey:

Adam did pay for his sins when he died. That was the penalty he got for disobedience. Adam ability to gain his life back after he gave it in exchange for sins is no longer within his power. This is where death of Jesus christ comes in. Those that are living now and those that will be resurrected under Gods kingdom will not live for themselves believing they have earned it within their own capacity but instead they got the right to live again because of the person that die for them Jesus christ.

I don't even understand what you are saying, to start with which part of the Bible do you find this your theory of paying for our sins through temporary death,
If adam is without sin after his death why does Christ have to die for him?

Christ death is payment for our sin if not there was no point dying he would have stayed in heaven and be sharing life. His death is in fulfillment of the law that "the wages of sin is death" the sin being ours so if we have already cleansed ourselves from sin by dying what is the point of christ dying?

Please explain this your statement . "Adam ability to gain his life back after he gave it in exchange for sins is no longer within his power. This is where death of Jesus christ comes in."
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 6:52am On Oct 11, 2017
achorladey:

I don't even understand what you are saying, first where in the Bible did you get this your theory of paying for our sins by our death (temporary)

Please explain this statement "Adam ability to gain his life back after he gave it in exchange for sins is no longer within his power. This is where death of Jesus christ comes in."

If someone has paid for his sin by in other words earned his own righteousness why exactly does he need Christ?
If I pay for my sin by myself I have definitely earned the right to life because it is sin that holds us against death, death has no power over one without sin.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by analice107: 9:08am On Oct 11, 2017
Southboy:

So that you no go talk say dem lie against you nah.

Revelation:20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

How many times you lied in a day, you shall see all there and why you lied. You no go fit deny.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
achorladey:

Matthew 20:28 even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. Just like it was during isrealites, life for life. Jesus christ is a life giving spirit. 1 Cor 15:45. The life we lost as a result of sin leading to death is given back to us because of exercising faith in the greatest gift mankind can ever think of Jesus christ the life giving spirit.

The Bible is so clear about Christ dying for our sins, why do you choose to downgrade the sacrifice christ had to make. 1 Corinthians 15:3, 2 Corinthians 5:21 etc, so many of them.

Christ gives us eternal life by virtue of the fact that he has taken and paid the price for our sins and in turn given us the righteousness which he has earned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Why The First Day Of The Week, Sunday Is Important To Christians. / Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.