Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (15223 Views)

Valentines Day: When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
s4short:

The Bible is so clear about Christ dying for our sins, why do you choose to downgrade the sacrifice christ had to make. 1 Corinthians 15:3, 2 Corinthians 5:21 etc, so many of them.

Christ gives us eternal life by virtue of the fact that he has taken and paid the price for our sins and in turn given us the righteousness which he has earned

its no a matter of downgrading what Jesus did, its about anyone who fail to recognise Jesus will lose that his one life due to the sins he committed. Jesus death does not bring everybody back automatically, those that will die and not be resurrected will die because of the sins they commit. That is what sin pay to its employee.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
s4short:

I don't even understand what you are saying, to start with which part of the Bible do you find this your theory of paying for our sins through temporary death,
If adam is without sin after his death why does Christ have to die for him?

Christ death is payment for our sin if not there was no point dying he would have stayed in heaven and be sharing life. His death is in fulfillment of the law that "the wages of sin is death" the sin being ours so if we have already cleansed ourselves from sin by dying what is the point of christ dying?

Please explain this your statement . "Adam ability to gain his life back after he gave it in exchange for sins is no longer within his power. This is where death of Jesus christ comes in."
the question you should have asked is Adam that is dead and now without sin because he has paid for it through his death on what basis will he have to come back to life?
Answer to your second qusetion is in the post already.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
s4short:

I don't even understand what you are saying, first where in the Bible did you get this your theory of paying for our sins by our death (temporary)

Please explain this statement "Adam ability to gain his life back after he gave it in exchange for sins is no longer within his power. This is where death of Jesus christ comes in."

If someone has paid for his sin by in other words earned his own righteousness why exactly does he need Christ?
If I pay for my sin by myself I have definitely earned the right to life because it is sin that holds us against death, death has no power over one without sin.
when one dies a sinner, how can he be righteous? He simply die a sinner and he gets his wages death. If the free gift of life is lost to death, please how will you get it back on your own? That is why christ death is a gift. A life(Jesus) in exchange for many lives. Simple.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
achorladey:

when one dies a sinner, how can he be righteous? He simply die a sinner and he gets his wages death. If the free gift of life is lost to death, please how will you get it back on your own? That is why christ death is a gift. A life(Jesus) in exchange for many lives. Simple.

The more i try to understand this your theory, the more confusing it gets because it keeps going in circles. But let's do it like this -
1. Still waiting for the biblical evidence to back up this theory.
2. Why exactly did Christ have to come to earth and die?
3. If someone borrows money and becomes a debtor does he remain a debtor? Following the logic of your theory that everyone who dies temporarily is sin free, that means they are eligible for eternal life na, or won't they be judged?
4. Please what do you mean by this statement "That is why christ death is a gift." to who, why, how??
Thanks
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 11:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
achorladey:

the question you should have asked is Adam that is dead and now without sin because he has paid for it through his death on what basis will he have to come back to life?
Answer to your second qusetion is in the post already.

Please the answer is not there o, just explain further.
Thanks
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 12:30am On Oct 14, 2017
s4short:

The more i try to understand this your theory, the more confusing it gets because it keeps going in circles. But let's do it like this -
1. Still waiting for the biblical evidence to back up this theory.
2. Why exactly did Christ have to come to earth and die?
3. If someone borrows money and becomes a debtor does he remain a debtor? Following the logic of your theory that everyone who dies temporarily is sin free, that means they are eligible for eternal life na, or won't they be judged?
4. Please what do you mean by this statement "That is why christ death is a gift." to who, why, how??
Thanks
1. Matthew 20:28 Romans 6:23
2. Matthew 20:28
3. The life he used to pay for his sin, was given to him free and now he has used it pay for his debt(sins) leading to death. How will he get another life if not someone repurchase the one he lost back.
His life will only be repurchased if he show sterling gratitude to the repurchaser.
4. What is God's gift to mankind? Jesus, who(Mankind) Why( to reconcile us back to our maker) after disobedience and sin,death led us apart.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by s4short: 1:22am On Oct 20, 2017
achorladey:

1. Matthew 20:28 Romans 6:23
2. Matthew 20:28
3. The life he used to pay for his sin, was given to him free and now he has used it pay for his debt(sins) leading to death. How will he get another life if not someone repurchase the one he lost back.
His life will only be repurchased if he show sterling gratitude to the repurchaser.
4. What is God's gift to mankind? Jesus, who(Mankind) Why( to reconcile us back to our maker) after disobedience and sin,death led us apart.

Sorry i couldn't reply earlier, been busy

The verses you quoted in no way support what you are saying let me remind you that your point is that we pay for our sins by our death rather than christ dying for us.

That number 4 your initial statement was '' Christ death is a gift '' wonder why you took the death part out, so if we apply the statement you are saying 1. Jesus died for mankind 2. So that we can be saved. Somehow you also left the how part out and i will still want to ask how does christ death reconcile us to our maker.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by achorladey: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
s4short:

Sorry i couldn't reply earlier, been busy

The verses you quoted in no way support what you are saying let me remind you that your point is that we pay for our sins by our death rather than christ dying for us.

That number 4 your initial statement was '' Christ death is a gift '' wonder why you took the death part out, so if we apply the statement you are saying 1. Jesus died for mankind 2. So that we can be saved. Somehow you also left the how part out and i will still want to ask how does christ death reconcile us to our maker.
Questions for you relating to the first paragraph of this post, why do humans die?
Colossians 1:20 answers the last question of your latest post. That is how Jesus christ reconcile us back to our maker.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by johnel2real(m): 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
Primebuilders:

I gave you Biblical references and you are calling it doctrine of men and spiritistic? What do you believe. Can you support it from the bible?
do u remember the parable of the richman and lazarus? So what u are implying is that the richman was somehow resurrected but continued to sin that was the reason he was sent to hell? jesus probably forgot that little detail right? My dear if u hold on to this ur doctrine, well may God help u.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Peacefullove: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
Fxwarrior:

Do you believe there's hell and lake of fire? When an unbeliever dies, there's judgement cos Bible said its appointed unto men to die and thereafter judgement. An unbeliever is sent to hell after judgement; then at the time of christ coming all those in hell which is temporary are thrown into lake of fire which is final destination of sinners.

if it is appointed unto men to die and judgement follow, why was Jesus not judged when he died ?

why was Dorcas not judged when she died ?

why was the 12 year old daughter of Jairus not judged when she died ?

why didn't 4 days dead Lazarus Make mention of judgement experiences after his death ?

# I just give u plain experiences from your bible of people who died . oya answer
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Peacefullove: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
johnel2real:

do u remember the parable of the richman and lazarus? So what u are implying is that the richman was somehow resurrected but continued to sin that was the reason he was sent to hell? jesus probably forgot that little detail right? My dear if u hold on to this ur doctrine, well may God help u.

Oga , u sure sey that Lazarus and rich man tin na real story ?
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by shadeyinka(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Southboy:
Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone.
I woke up this morning to the argument of some of my neighbors about judgement day and it hit me, what's the essence of lining up waiting to be judged by God when he already knows what the answer to the question is?

Am only here for the knowledge

I once supervised a promotion exam where candidates must score a minimum of 60% as pass mark.

There was this guy that scored 46% and another lady that scored 38%. We had to remark those two scripts even though WE KNEW they CANNOT by any means pass the exam.

Why? Because each of the candidates can sue for a re-grading of their scripts as a means of proving injustice and bias of the judges.

So, why would their be judgement?
So that the guilty would be convinced of their guilt and would see the judgement as fair.

Comprehend!?

The judgement is not for the sake of God but for the sake of Man
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Jan 19, 2023
Southboy:
■Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone. I woke up this morning to the argument of some of my neighbors about judgement day and it hit me, what's the essence of lining up waiting to be judged by God when he already knows what the answer to the question is? Am only here for the knowledge
1. The one to judge us on Judgement day is not God but Jesus Christ - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46, and He will be judging all those who belong in the Kingdom of God - the born-again goats and sheep out there. So yes, all those who will end up in Hell are also all born-again and thus have eternal life which they will then spend in eternal damnation. undecided

Now, why Judgement day? Because God is a just God and He will give to each man according to His works. So, judgment day is more for us than it is for God, so we clearly understand how we fell short of His standard in the Kingdom of God i.e. God's Law and Covenant, Jesus Christ. Yes, God sees into our hearts and our minds, but clearly, you and I do not, and so understanding exactly how it is we fell short, particularly those who were not even aware of the standard but blindly continued in sin while proclaiming by lips to belong to Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Jan 19, 2023
MARKETfund:
■Southboy there's nothing like a twenty four hours day of judgement as people mistakenly take such scriptural passages at face value. Let's start from the basics; Don't be deceived, the judging of this world is ongoing. Jesus himself made that clear in John 12:31 when he said "now there is a judging of this world". What does it mean? If you are hearing the goodnews about God by any means or aware of the existence of the almighty you are living in the period of judgement Jesus spoke about. How you respond to it determines whether you'll be guilty or acquitted. Therefore whether adjudged write or wrong (we know whether we are willful sinners or not) is determined at ones death. Hence the Bible says "after death comes judgement" (Hebrews 9:27). There's no cheating here cos just as the Bible highlights, we reap what we sow (Galantians 6:7). Besides, Romans 6:23 says that the wages sin pays is death.

for clearer understanding take for instance you have a case in Court which may have been on for so many months or even years. The day the case will be decided and you're on your way to Court what you'll tell a friend who probably wants to know where you are going is: Our JUDGEMENT is today Why? Because that day determines your acquittal (freedom ) or indictment (damnation) Therefore there's nothing like a twenty four hour day that God will line people up to remind them what they did on a certain day. God is not myopic, he knows you know whether you're guilty or not.
■For willful sinners whose judgement ended with death there will be no resurrection. Conversely for righteous one whose favourable judgement ended too with death, God promised "there's going to be a resurrection of both the RIGHTEOUS and the unrighteous" Who are these UNRIGHTEOUS ones mentioned again you may ask; anyway those are those who never had an opportunity of knowing God less taking side for or against him. Such ones will also experience God's justice by being given an opportunity to hear about him and be allowed to make their own decisions. Hence the book of Revelation 20:4, 11-12 spoke of another judgement conducted during the one thousand year reign of Christ. Worthy of note in that scripture is that a scroll (God's law or the Bible) was opened. Just the same way Bible is being opened to you today and you accept/reject. Note too that a thousand years is to God a day (2 Peter 3:cool which is why the Bible speaks of the "judgement day". It's a period of time. In conclusion, we are living during the period of the judgement and judgment day as the Bible use it in some passages is in the future and it's not not for you and I but for those not day of salvation as you and I.
1. I am afraid this assertion of yours is very wrong, and your analogy severely flawed, since Jesus Christ already told His followers, over 2000 years ago, what would happen on Judgement day, this in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Unlike what you describe, Jesus Christ actually makes it seem a lot more than a less than a day even where rather than standing in some sort of queue are your mogs and pastors have fed you all, people are instead dividing into two groups — sheep and goats, all of them born-again since they all possess eternal life. Yep, even those who will end up in Hellfire —eternal damnation— are brides waiting for the bridegroom to return - Matthew 25 vs 1 - 13 -, of course, the foolish brides.

2. Conclusion is based on flawed reasoning as well since the one who is the Judge, Jesus Christ, made it abundantly clear in His Gospel that there will be no judgment until after He returns and judges His flock - John 5 vs 19 - 29. So, if the judge Himself says there will be no judgment until after He returns, what judgment can take place in His absence? undecided
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Jan 19, 2023
kokomaster4d:
■Christianity is too complicated. God said we should not kill but he killed the people of Egypt even small innocent babies. Bible said we should be perfect even as Jesus christ is perfect but same Bible said no one is perfect. So many discrepancies in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John about the live of Jesus.
■Where do we go from here. Is there life after death. The book of Revelation is full of threats and horror film. My brothers and sisters there is only one life to live, protect it by all means and if you are not fortunate you die, then it's over for you for eternity.
1. It is actually not as complicated as you have been made by men to assume. it is in fact quite logical if you spent time of your own investigating what is written. undecided

2. What is the use of protecting it if in the end, it will be taken from you and you none the wiser for when it happens? undecided
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:04am On Jan 19, 2023
Southboy:

I woke up this morning to the argument of some of my neighbors about judgement day and it hit me, what's the essence of lining up waiting to be judged by God when he already knows what the answer to the question is?

God can know what people thinks but He's not happy with most people because the inclination of their hearts is evil everyday {Genesis 6:5} that's why He only select few with whom He deals as His friends! smiley
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
Southboy:

The Right of Fair hearing!

So even though God can read your mind you are still entitled to a fair hearing!
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Kobojunkiee: 3:45pm On May 15, 2023
Southboy:
■ Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone. I woke up this morning to the argument of some of my neighbors about judgement day and it hit me, what's the essence of lining up waiting to be judged by God when he already knows what the answer to the question is? Am only here for the knowledge
Ever saw the movie "Minority report"? Would you consider it fair if you were rounded up and condemned for a crime you haven't even committed or are yet to imagine simply because some precog somewhere supposedly looked into your future and determined you would commit a crime sometime in the future? undecided

Well, the reason for judgment day is that God wants you to be assured of your guilt even before He condemns you for it. He is a fair judge after all. grin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by sonmvayina(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2023
wonder233:
It doesn't make sense. God has all power, not some, I mean absolutely ALL POWER both in heaven, on earth and any and everywhere else.
God created everything including the so-called devil. We know with a single command, God can kill the devil totally, right? We also know with a single command, God can remove all affliction from this world, right? We also know with a single command God can make all humans exactly what he wants them to be, right?
So, what is this 'game' with humans, the devil, salvation, heaven and hell about? It doesn't add up.

That's the game...
He has given us the rules..

Play it and enjoy it..
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by sonmvayina(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2023
s4short:

I don't even understand what you are saying, to start with which part of the Bible do you find this your theory of paying for our sins through temporary death,
If adam is without sin after his death why does Christ have to die for him?

Christ death is payment for our sin if not there was no point dying he would have stayed in heaven and be sharing life. His death is in fulfillment of the law that "the wages of sin is death" the sin being ours so if we have already cleansed ourselves from sin by dying what is the point of christ dying?

Please explain this your statement . "Adam ability to gain his life back after he gave it in exchange for sins is no longer within his power. This is where death of Jesus christ comes in."

When jesus said. "Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing"...

And God will be like...

Wait....bear it, you are not dead yet....

And when he dies...

He will be like...YEY...he's dead, ok...I forgive you all..

Win as you like as long as you believe he died for you..you can come into my kingdom...

Christianity and bull shit is like 5 and 6.

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Kobojunkiee: 4:27pm On May 16, 2023
■ even Christian are confuse, if non Christian die and go to hell why leave the hell to queue for judgement again, and if they don't go hell/heaven immediately where are they during the death and judgement Intervals, and why is deciding if someone denoted his life to God such a complicated question with complicated ways/ method to decide isn't it meant to be a YES OR NO thing
The answer is provided in scripture. You sleep in your grave until you are called up towards judgment. undecided
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On May 19, 2023
internationalman:
■ guilty people (sinners) could pleade innocent that day. Just like in the court of law, almost everyone knows d defender is guilty but he's still made to stand trial. And there are chances of getting exonerated.
Exoneration? Nah! undecided
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On May 23, 2023
WowSweetGuy:
So many things about God is just confusing...After death Judgement but y r some spirits still hovering around. This world is more complicated than we understand
Which spirits are hovering? Are you certain you have not been puffing on fumes there? grin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:41am On May 23, 2023
Southboy:

God doesn't know each human on planet earth that's why Jesus referred to faithless people as DEAD {Luke 9:60} only the faithful people has something to record in God's memory book {Revelations 20:15 compare to Malachi 3:16} so even at death God views them as living {Luke 20:37-38} because He is eager to bring them back to life {Job 14:13-15} when He has cleared all evildoers of the planet! Psalms 37:9-11

So don't think God knows everyone and as for the day of judgement there's a lot of misconception on what the Bible really teach because it's not about one day rather a thousand years {2Peter 3:8} where resurrected ones will have to prove that they worth living forever! Revelations 20:1-15
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On May 27, 2023
shurley22:
So one person doesn't go about feeling not rightly judged
ABi o! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: The Testimony Of The Unbeliever / Reasons Why The First Day Of The Week, Sunday Is Important To Christians. / Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.