Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Letter To The Unemployed From Anothernigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letter To The Unemployed From Anothernigerian (406 Views)

Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Grudgeful Soul From Anothernigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Unemployed From Anothernigerian by MrThisandthat(m): 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hello fellow compatriots of the "Unemployed Republic" This is one of yours writing at this point to assist you not physically or financially but in a mental way which I think in due course you will appreciate much more.

Yes indeed you are unemployed literally but Hey! who said you should stop there? Are you really that much on the weak side? You wake up on a daily basis to hope on same thing? or should I say on people who have left you hanging for the past months if not years or even decades?
When I was in school, personally my greatest fear was the outside world because a lot of people close to me who were there before me were in one way or the other wasting so much of the time we lack if you think deeply with me.

There is a believed tradition in our society which strongly stands that "You must know someone to get somewhere" I will not dispute that in any way but somehow I find my way around it which makes me always ponder around this quote "Fear the tradition... Face Your fears". If I am to buttress on this, I will rather advice that instead of stopping at the first part of the quote, why not get to the end of the quote which says "Face your fears".

The tradition is there to exist but not to be feared, don't let what has happened to those ahead of you limit you. I will best advise you to learn from them and instead of stopping and giving up, create a new way to find yourself do it.

If I may ask, have you ever thought of how much of a disappointment you are to the person you were as a child?
Yes, as far as I have covered, every child wants to be successful, to do his/her parents proud, to achieve much more than his/her role model. But in the end because most of the people around you finished school and their compulsory service year you think your joining them is eminent? No, not at all... We have ended up limiting ourselves so much, we don't think any longer, we don't want to work hard, the patience is no longer there. If I may ask, why and how did it get to this level? Or is it because we now exist in a society where the common has become the normal? Why my fellow compatriots, why?

Like I usually tell people close to me, there are one thousand and one ways to get through any situation in life or to solve any problem all you need to do is think but the issue is we always look for the easy way out. I have gotten to a level in my research and I realized the only situation we have only one way and its the true way is our religion which is the only means we have to communicate our God, in my religion its Jesus Christ and I believe for my Muslim brothers its Mohammed and so it goes for various religions out there.

Why have you decided not to be that great person you wanted to be as a kid and you finally settle for the "unemployed" tag? No! Its not and will never be our tag.
Get creative, think, leave that comfort zone, explore anf let me know if you won't start seeing significant changes.

In a nut shell all I have been saying is YOU ARE NOT FINISHED, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Your loving brother.
AnotherNigerian

Source: http://www.anothernigerian.com/2017/10/letter-to-unemployed-from.html#more

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Earn Money From Your Writings / The Silent Encounter-(1). / The Mindset Of Simplicity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.