Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,118 members, 7,835,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun (3176 Views)

I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl / Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me / Its Official I Just Finished Having Sex - Cuvry Model Shares Photo Of After Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by onila(f): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
all i can say is igbos are strong

i remember when chiwetel ejiofor begged hes mother to follow him and his wife to another town because they heard the hausa soldiers are coming

she refused because she said she needs to take care of the house shocked shocked . .well the hausa soldiers ended up killing her undecided

the igbos handled the war without fear

war is a horrible thing
i used to wonder how someone can survive war, it's like being a dead man walking

3 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by HajimeSaito(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
I wonder where the other half of the yellow sun is.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Promxy94(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
That's why u should never pray for a war
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
They where at a disadvantage. I just finished reading Achebe's "There was a country". His was a first hand experience, and from his narrative, Britain and other countries who Nigeria pledged allegiance to aided Nigeria with arms and ammunition.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
they died for freedom and they died for what they believed in

long live the heroes of the nigerian civil war on the biafran side!!
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 6:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
They where at a disadvantage. I just finished reading Achebe's "There was a country". His was a first hand experience, and from his narrative, Britain and other countries who Nigeria pledged allegiance to aided Nigeria with arms and ammunition.

that man was a crazy ass story teller damn!some people are really blessed..long live achebe!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
Promxy94:
That's why u should never pray for a war

there was no war..it was genocide
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
HajimeSaito:
I wonder where the other half of the yellow sun is.

1 Like

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
I watched the movie with tears in my eyes.War is a bad thing.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
ibo girl
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Promxy94(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
cristianisraeli:

there was no war..it was genocide
Well u can call it genocide
But I call it war
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Promxy94:

Well u can call it genocide
But I call it war

war is when both sides are armed

genocide is when one side have the whole arms and the other side dont
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by adajoe555: 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
The day I watched this movie I cried

war should never happen again
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Promxy94(m): 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
cristianisraeli:

war is when both sides are armed

genocide is when one side have the whole arms and the other side dont
So which side is unarmed or underarmed?
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
Promxy94:

So which side is unarmed or underarmed?

damn boy you need some history lessons

if you have data watch from the 3min mark

respect to the brave women that fought and died for biafra!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXzfPby5vI
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
cristianisraeli:

that man was a crazy ass story teller damn!some people are really blessed..long live achebe!
He's really good. In Nigeria, he's my favourite. He's a treasure trove of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
sunshineG:
ibo girl
No. From South-South. grin
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
No. From South-South. grin
grin tribe
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
sunshineG:
grin tribe
Rivers. grin
Are we Igbos?.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
Rivers. grin
Are we Igbos?.
yes some of you are ikwere and some others close to abia grin
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Legolast: 7:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
onila:
all i can say is igbos are strong

i remember when chiwetel ejiofor begged hes mother to follow him and his wife to another town because they heard the hausa soldiers are coming

she refused because she said she needs to take care of the house shocked shocked . .well the hausa soldiers ended up killing her undecided

the igbos handled the war without fear

war is a horrible thing
i used to wonder how someone can survive war, it's like being a dead man walking

So we should go and fry air
Tell your IPOB brothers to stop clamouring for war or....

1 Like

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Promxy94(m): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
cristianisraeli:

damn boy you need some history lessons

if you have data watch from the 3min mark

respect to the brave women that fought and died for biafra!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXzfPby5vI
Man there is nothing I will watch now that will change my perception from the civil war that occurred. It was a war and never a genocide.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
sunshineG:
yes some of you are ikwere and some others close to abia grin
Ikwerre is just one tribe. And in my opinion, they're more like the Igbos in Rivers State. We have our distinct dialect and culture.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
Ikwerre is just one tribe. And in my opinion they're more like the Igbos in Rivers State. We have our distinct dialect and culture.
yes I said some of you are

So are you ijaw (calabari) bonny etc grin
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
Promxy94:

Man there is nothing I will watch now that will change my perception from the civil war that occurred. It was a war and never a genocide.

ok whatever makes you sleep better at night man
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Promxy94(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
cristianisraeli:

ok whatever makes you sleep better at night man
Thanksman let's respect each others view and perspective.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
sunshineG:
yes I said some of you are

So are you ijaw (calabari) bonny etc grin
It's Kalabari but no. grin
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Ekugbeh(m): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
Ikwerre is just one tribe. And in my opinion, they're more like the Igbos in Rivers State. We have our distinct dialect and culture.
mechionu
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Ekugbeh(m): 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Tahra:
I watched the movie with tears in my eyes.War is a bad thing.
ve u watched SOME TIMES IN APRIL?
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ekugbeh:
mechionu
Gini?. grin
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by jaywhoco(m): 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
They where at a disadvantage. I just finished reading Achebe's "There was a country". His was a first hand experience, and from his narrative, Britain and other countries who Nigeria pledged allegiance to aided Nigeria with alms and ammunition.
read adewale ademoyega's ' why we struck'. that's is a first hand experience
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ekugbeh:
ve u watched SOME TIMES IN APRIL?
No.

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Sex Workers ( Hookers ) In My Area Are From Nigeria. / SHE'S KISSING ME Under The Tree. To Be Deleted Soon [PICTURE] / Man Condemns Men Who Use Condom As He Welcomes 3rd Child With His 3rd Baby Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.