Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,434 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun (3207 Views)

I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl / Marry Me! I Will Bring Half Of The Cost Of The Wedding, She Just Told Me / Its Official I Just Finished Having Sex - Cuvry Model Shares Photo Of After Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Ekugbeh(m): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
Gini?. grin
i spoke a language
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Ekugbeh(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Tahra:
No.
ok goan watch it
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
jaywhoco:
read adewale ademoyega's ' why we struck'. that's is a first hand experience
Chinua Achebe was in his 30s during the Nigerian civil war if he said he was born in 1930. What more do I need to read when I already read an account from someone caught up in the war?. Again, his use of words got me engrossed.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ekugbeh:
i spoke a language
And you asked me to keep quiet.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by trojan84(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
cristianisraeli:
they died for freedom and they died for what they believed in

long live the heroes of the nigerian civil war on the biafran side!!
An ibo man Spotted. Did the others not die 4 wat dey believed in? Are they not heroes too?
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ekugbeh:
ok goan watch it
What is it about?
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
It's Kalabari but no. grin
so which are you now
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
sunshineG:
so which are you now
Kimbraa is an izon name short form of Ikimbraanuoye
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
EzeEbira:

Kimbraa is an izon name
short form of Ikimbraanuoye
I taught izon are ijaw grin cool
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
EzeEbira:

Kimb.raa is an izon name
short form of Ikimbraanuoye
Kimbràa isn't my real name. grin And I'm from Abua.
sunshineG:
so which are you now
Abua/odual
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
Kimbràa isn't my real name. grin And I'm from Abua. Abua/odual
wow
I never heard of them before but I will love to read about them sha
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
sunshineG:
wow
I never heard of them before but I will love to read about them sha
Sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Ekugbeh(m): 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
And you asked me to keep quiet.
tot dat wz igbo nt ikwerre
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by jaywhoco(m): 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
kimbraa:
Chinua Achebe was in his 30s during the Nigerian civil war if he said he was born in 1930. What more do I need to read when I already read an account from someone caught up in the war?. Again, his use of words got me engrossed.
smh...I have read both books. true Achebe did well; but a first hand account? nope.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
trojan84:

An ibo man Spotted. Did the others not die 4 wat dey believed in? Are they not heroes too?

shut up dundi!!

how do you know am igbo?

ewu hausa

be careful with me am that trojan you dont want to be on your case
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
jaywhoco:
smh...I have read both books. true Achebe did well; but a first hand account? nope.
What do you understand by 'first hand account?'.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by jaywhoco(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
kimbraa:
What do you understand by 'first hand account?'.
Mr Achebe wasn't enlisted in the baifran military. He didn't 'fight' in the war. Granted he played some part. He was Ojukwu's emissary for most of it anyway... representing Biafra out of Biafra.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by trojan84(m): 1:09am On Oct 10, 2017
cristianisraeli:

shut up dundi!!

how do you know am igbo?

ewu hausa

be careful with me am that trojan you dont want to be on your case
It's a bad habit to b quick to insult pple and by calling me a hausa guy, u just confirmed ur tribe
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by cristianisraeli: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2017
trojan84:

It's a bad habit to b quick to insult pple and by calling me a hausa guy, u just confirmed ur tribe

no i didnt say you are a hausa man

just ewu hausa!!!
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Chommieblaq(f): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2017
jaywhoco:
What then is a first hand experience?
Did he not experience the war?
Was it a hearsay?

He gave his own account of the war, Adewale did the same.
You don't try to put down another person acct, base on another acct you read. I'm sure you didn't witness the war but they both did.

1 Like

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by jaywhoco(m): 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Chommieblaq:

What then is a first hand experience?
Did he not experience the war?
Was it a hearsay?

He gave his own account of the war, Adewale did the same.
You don't try to put down another person acct, base on another acct you read. I'm sure you didn't witness the war but they both did.

I have not tried in any way to put
down Achebe. I respect that great man. well I am sorry if my position offended. I was only trying to kindly improve your fund of knowledge about those sad events. for me several opinions on a matter make for more insight.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by abduljabbar4(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
kimbraa:
They where at a disadvantage. I just finished reading Achebe's "There was a country". His was a first hand experience, and from his narrative, Britain and other countries who Nigeria pledged allegiance to aided Nigeria with arms and ammunition.

And the soviets?
Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by Chommieblaq(f): 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
jaywhoco:
I have not tried in any way to put
down Achebe. I respect that great man. well I am sorry if my position offended. I was only trying to kindly improve your fund of knowledge about those sad events. for me several opinions on a matter make for more insight.

No offense taken my brother, I get your point now. You made it sound like his's is not a first hand acct.

1 Like

Re: I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun by jaywhoco(m): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
Chommieblaq:

No offense taken my brother, I get your point now. You made it sound like his's is not a first hand acct.
yea...

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Man Totally Destroys His Girlfriend's Car For Cheating On Him (pictures) / Dear Guys: On The Issue Of Hygiene.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.