Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,954 members, 7,814,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi (746 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Replies Junaid Mohammed: IPOB Not Ohaneze, PANDEF That Bow To Threat / Igbo Congress Blasts Buhari, Wants Miyetti Allah Declared Terrorist Organisation / Nigerian Military Declares IPOB As A "Militant Terrorist Organisation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Lajet: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2017
By Sam Eyoboka LAGOS— A RENOWNED political economist and one-time presidential aspirant, Prof. Pat Utomi, has rejected the recent classification of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, by Nigerian government as a terrorist organisation, saying the Nnamdi Kanu group might be a nuisance, but they are not a terrorist organisation.

Utomi, who was reacting to the Federal Government’s categorisation at a function at Holy Cross Cathedral in Lagos, argued that people have the right to express themselves, stressing: “People have the right to say they’ve been unjustly treated. To take away that right from them is to say you want to enslave them. When you talk about modern slavery, it’s the most grievous violation of human rights in the 21st century.

“I’ve not seen what terror they (IPOB) have committed. They are not, I repeat, quote me anywhere, any day, they are not a terrorist organisation. “That’s just a political thing. It doesn’t make sense which way you look at it. It’s just a political thing. You can carve any name, you can be IPOB or ITOT, it’s just a name.” “Nigeria is going through a necessary and interesting phase of its evolution as a country. I am not one of those unduly worried about the things going on in the country. They are part of the thesis and anti-thesis that will produce synthesis that is a nation.’’ Asked to advise the nation’s leaders, Utomi said: “That we all seek God’s blessings for all, no one is a child of a lesser God. And as those who wrote that piece of play has said, our arms are too short to box with God. I wish peace to all, progress to all, growth of abundance mentality, human charity that leads to accommodation.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/ipob-not-terrorist-organisation-utomi
Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Cyynthia(f): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
Whenever issue of terrorism is raised, only one thing comes to my mind.. religion of pooo. It sounds funny that those calling Ipob terrorists are mostly headslaming miscreants grin grin grin

Igbos are not and can never be a terrorist group.
People that embraced terrorism as a way of life are idiotic headslammers . It's easier for a fish to live without water than for you to separate terrorism from them. The world would be a fantastic place without them.
Head slammers are mad and they are all terrorist. Thank God the world is ruled by Christians if not...... .
May God never allow ungodly religion to pilot the affairs of the world. NEVER !!

Lalasticlala do the needful.

10 Likes

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Amein(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nnamdi KANU is a terrorist.

Ipob is terrorist organization.

In fact the entire southeast are bunch of...........?

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by ninocia18(m): 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
Pk
Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by newbornmacho(m): 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
Only a nepotist like the dullard would call ipob a terrorist group. Go school dem no gree.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by kid23(m): 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
The Nigeria government will no longer have a say on d issue of resolving Biafra because they have closed all Avenues of dialogue by labelling a cross section of people as terrorists.

The ball now lies in our court.
We will conduct the referendum ourselves

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Ojiofor: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
I concur!
Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by newbornmacho(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
Cyynthia:
Whenever issue of terrorism is raised, only one thing comes to my mind.. religion of pooo.

Igbos are not and can never be a terrorist group.
People that embraced terrorism as a way of life are idiotic headslammers . It's easier for a fish to live without water that for you to separate terrorism from them. The world would be a fantastic place without them.
Head slammers are mad!

Fulani herdsmen should be among those piglets

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lajet:
By Sam Eyoboka LAGOS— A RENOWNED political economist and one-time presidential aspirant, Prof. Pat Utomi, has rejected the recent classification of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, by Nigerian government as a terrorist organisation, saying the Nnamdi Kanu group might be a nuisance, but they are not a terrorist organisation.

Utomi, who was reacting to the Federal Government’s categorisation at a function at Holy Cross Cathedral in Lagos, argued that people have the right to express themselves, stressing: “People have the right to say they’ve been unjustly treated. To take away that right from them is to say you want to enslave them. When you talk about modern slavery, it’s the most grievous violation of human rights in the 21st century.

“I’ve not seen what terror they (IPOB) have committed. They are not, I repeat, quote me anywhere, any day, they are not a terrorist organisation. “That’s just a political thing. It doesn’t make sense which way you look at it. It’s just a political thing. You can carve any name, you can be IPOB or ITOT, it’s just a name.” “Nigeria is going through a necessary and interesting phase of its evolution as a country. I am not one of those unduly worried about the things going on in the country. They are part of the thesis and anti-thesis that will produce synthesis that is a nation.’’ Asked to advise the nation’s leaders, Utomi said: “That we all seek God’s blessings for all, no one is a child of a lesser God. And as those who wrote that piece of play has said, our arms are too short to box with God. I wish peace to all, progress to all, growth of abundance mentality, human charity that leads to accommodation.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/ipob-not-terrorist-organisation-utomi

1 Like

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by mazimee(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
The Tiger faced conies from the Browns thinks otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Amein(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
REALLY.

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Igboid: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
Utomi , good one coming from you. Let's hope you don't make U-turn, when the evil men of the failed British colonial experiment , turn the heat on you.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by SweetJoystick(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
It's only enemies of truth that agrees with the useless court ruling labelling IPOB terrorist

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Ojiofor: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
APC led by Buhari=SATAN himself.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Presidiotbuhari: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
mazimee:
The Tiger faced conies from the Browns thinks otherwise.
You mean this people?.......

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by gidgiddy: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
The allegation that IPOB is terrorist organisation and its proscription just further exposed Buhari's government as clueless and a disgrace

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi by Diiet: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Utomi says kanu's group might be a nuisance, but not a terrorist group.
Don't rejoice yet pat utomi is not supporting you,he thinks ipob is a nuisance organisationcheesycheesycheesy
who wants nuisance in the environment?cheesycheesy
answer= nobody

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Need To Be Paid To Vote In Anambra? / Bursted : Crude Oil In Any Northen State A Hoarse. / BE Sincere! If The Police Declare Your Best Friend Wanted With 50m Reward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.