Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike (25951 Views)

Timi Frank: Jonathan Was A Better President, Nigerians Should Apologise To Him / Kwankwanso And Tambuwal Sabotaged Atiku?? / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by lightblazingnow(m): 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2017
How Jonthan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet,Others – Wike
newsdiaryonline.com

As former President Goodluck Jonathan prepares to give his own account of his historic defeat in the 2015 presidential election, more insiders are coming forward with their version of what happened.

The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, said members of Jonathan’s cabinet and ranking members of the Peoples Democratic Party, from the party’s former chairman, Adamu Mu’azu, deceived the former president and told him outright lies about his chances.

In the current edition of The Interview,Wike said, “Let me tell you the truth; so many people were not sincere with Jonathan. You saw that even in the way some were being unduly sycophantic on issues that were totally out of point…I saw there was a lot of deceit.”

In a statement, the MD/Editor-In-Chief, AzuIshiekwene, said the current interview was “yet another riveting chapter in the unfolding story of Jonathan’s monumental defeat.”

Wike said there were situations where politicians who were supposed to be in the field holed up inside Abuja, filing false reports.

He continued: “Some of them would say, ‘Your Excellency Sir, as I’m speaking with you now, so and so state is down for PDP’. It was all lies.”

He attacked the Northern leaders of the party, saying, “PDP in the North ganged up against Jonathan. Let the truth be told! Nobody will die! They were not sincere to him!”

He said it was a mark of complicity that even though Jonathan was stoned in some states and the governors in those states watched idly by, adding that, “If I were in Jonathan’s shoes, I won’t take it; let the heavens fall!”

Wike, who was minister of state for Education under Jonathan and generally perceived as First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan’s “anointed”, attacked “most cabinet members” for taking advantage of the former president’s gentlemanliness.

He, however, said the PDP reconciliation committee of which he is chairman, had in their sights, former President Olusegun Obasanjo and top members of the ruling All Progressives Congress, including former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, among others.

He also spoke on his controversial presence as the only PDP governor at the airport when President Muhammadu Buhari returned from his medical vacation in Britain, an act that has raised some eyebrow.

Wike spoke on his relationship with former Governor Peter Odili and allegations that he gatecrashed the office of a former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court to fix the outcome of the state’s governorship election petition before the court.

He said: “These (the purveyors of the information) are evil people. Can Rotimi Amaechi tell the story of his life and he won’t mention Peter Odili? Can Dakuku Peterside mention anything and he won’t mention Peter Odili?”

The Rivers State governor also spoke on the leaked tape allegedly containing his voice, and claims that the $43million found in an Ikoyi apartment belonged to the state government.

“Let the Federal Government dare release the report. You will see what will happen,” he threatened.

The edition also features the regulars, including a new columnist, Olubunmi Ajayi Layode, who shares her experience as survivor-in-chief of an abusive marriage.

https://newsdiaryonline.com/jonthan-deceived-sabotaged-cabinetothers-wike/amp/

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by lightblazingnow(m): 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2017
Men seems to disturb THEMSELVES with yesterday troubles when they should march on to tomorrow if out all tomorrow is granted them.

The most high God Almighty rules in the affairs of men. He lifts up one and pull down others, Everything is beautiful in its own season Worry no more mortal men and enjoy the moment. For all that you got is just this moment......

Tomorrow is a mystery......

Christ Jesus comes with the Saints and his holy angels ready to mate out as your works shall be...

Do me as you like but remember you must account for all you did...

17 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by erunz(m): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2017
sauce pleasee

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by lightblazingnow(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
There you have it

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by adem30: 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
What kind of in-consistence people are these? Now you are blaming Jonathan Cabinet, Tomorrow you will blame, APC, Next tomorrow you will blame Northerners, later you will blame Yorubas, latter you will cry Bokoharam, then you will remember Obama.

You guys are unproductive Confused set of people

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Hofbrauhaus(m): 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
"Let the federal gov't dare release the report, you would see what would happen"....what does that statement mean? I means only one thing to me...

It means we the masses are the fools. It means both PDP, APC, ETC are all eating our oil money.....and there is nothing we can do about it..

Give me BIAFRA you won't. Give me money to nationalize elsewhere you won't...what does this useless country want from me? Wetin this zoo government want make i do?

14 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by madridguy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Tolexander: 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
In the current edition of The Interview,Wike said, “Let me tell you the truth; so many people were not sincere with Jonathan. You saw that even in the way some were being unduly sycophantic on issues that were totally out of point…I saw there was a lot of deceit.”
It would be so foolish of Jonathan not knowing that the major states in the northern part were not on his side.

That means he is naive and ignorant of the politics and not meant to be a nigerian politician.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by ucnwafor(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
erunz:
sauce pleasee
sauce and ingriedent ba

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by erunz(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
ucnwafor:
sauce and ingriedent ba
na so. The news no go sweet with out am
Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by clevvermind(m): 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
AND THE BLAME GAME CONTINUES. NONSENCE! JUST ADMIT THAT HE HAS FAILED.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by omenka(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jonathan was obviously a bigger buffoon than I had earlier imagined.

Thank you Wike for this timely revelation.

Potor Deplorables be eyeing Wike right now Iike . .. cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by omenka(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by UduMgbo1: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
[s]
omenka:

[/s]
you are very confused in life

such a pathetic old man

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Interesting. Drunkards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
see this one
. today in ur state
houses were raised down, with occupants in it
15 peoples corpse were paraded as casualty of cult war goin on in ur state.
no corper wants to be posted to do election things in ur state..
because u hv failed in ur primary duty of securing the life and properties of the people of ur state
today also people are protesting against non payment of salaries....

and you are there flying in helicopter enjoying arial view, while there is total chaos, death and blood on ground... from there u fly to Abia to laugh about while cultist in your state reign uncontrollably.
tomorrow you go for prayer and fasting in Owerri.

tomorrow if u are voted out, you will blame the northern hegemony... and your cabinet.. not knowing that you were the architect of your own destiny.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by nairavsdollars(f): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jonathan na dundee now. That's why the people he trusted took his mother aND donated it to Sai Baba's campaign

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Tekecoms1(m): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
I miss Mr Jona

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Flashh: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
"Jonathan was deceived by his own cabinet".

Issokay oo.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by BrutalJab: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
Wike should leave us to enjoy our change o.

Sai Babara till 2023!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Dee60: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
So you knew?

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by highchief1: 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
madridguy:
grin grin grin
wike na strong man y u dey shine ur dirty stupid teeth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Babacele: 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
419 talk don start again from one of the biggest sycophants and thief that deceived Jonathan while at same time nudging madam president Patience on to disastrous political mistakes and consequently destroyed Gej administration. Tell that trash to fellow fools like you, mr Wike! mtchew!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Emeritus001(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
It has happened and gone....Let us face the present and future.....Device means to take the mandate back from the oppressor and drop the blame game....Emeritus

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Ebimor96: 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
omenka:

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Ebimor96: 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2017

6 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by kitaatita: 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
In 2015, ethnic division in the country had become very pronounced that it was no longer safe for northern politicians to campaign for Jonathan in the northern parts is the country. You wonder how Jonathan won a massive landslide across the country in his first tenure and got stoned four years later.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by sureteeboy(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Go and pay the 24 months salary you're owning first. You heartless man.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by Yeligray(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Llll tat pam pu ta ke na me ko ma sa
Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by kswkings: 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
AS E DEY HOT
Re: How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike by chinex276(m): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
adem30:
What kind of in-consistence people are these? Now you are blaming Jonathan Cabinet, Tomorrow you will blame, APC, Next tomorrow you will blame Northerners, later you will blame Yorubas, latter you will cry Bokoharam, then you will remember Obama.

You guys are unproductive Confused set of people

mumu
original mumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media / We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce / New Photos Of Zahra Buhari Indimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.