Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:01 AM

Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? (5209 Views)

I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by cococandy(f): 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
Let's see how that works out for you when you're married.
Acidosis:

We have the right to tell you why or when to work when the earnings from such works add no value to the home or when the cons from such works outweigh the benefits.

You're supposed to take care of the home, so when you abandon that duty to pursue some selfish ventures, I have the right to put a stop to it. tongue
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Acidosis(m): 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
cococandy:

hmnnn
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
cococandy:

I sent you a pm cococandy
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by ImaIma1(f): 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
Acidosis:

We have the right to tell you why or when to work when the earnings from such works add no value to the home or when the cons from such works outweigh the benefits.

You're supposed to take care of the home, so when you abandon that duty to pursue some selfish ventures, I have the right to put a stop to it. tongue

You should realize that a woman is also a human being with dreams and aspirations. Her aim in life might not be to just get married and have children. She will want more from life than that. And no man has a right to limit her or cripple her dreams.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
Acidosis:

i Pirry ur wife. she is basically going to be a mindless docile submissive slave at your mercy tongue

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Acidosis(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
ImaIma1:

You should realize that a woman is also a human being with dreams and aspirations. Her aim in life might not be to just get married and have children. She will want more from life than that. And no man has a right to limit her or cripple her dreams.

Some dreams can be detrimental to the collective wellbeing of the home. For instance, her dream will not be to play the role of a Secretary to a randy and shameless boss. Her dreams wouldn't be to act as a video vixen to some celebrities, etc.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Acidosis(m): 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

i Pirry ur wife. she is basically going to be a mindless docile submissive slave at your mercy tongue

sharrap joor! pirry yourself sad sad tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by ImaIma1(f): 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
Acidosis:

Some dreams can be detrimental to the collective wellbeing of the home. For instance, her dream will not be to play the role of a Secretary to a randy and shameless boss. Her dreams wouldn't be to act as a video vixen to some celebrities, etc.

If he married her as a video vixen or the likes, he should not expect much. I am talking about a responsible career. Men also work for randy female bosses. That does not mean he would stop working.
I can work with all kinds of people. If the man likes, let him be randy but he should be randy away from me.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Acidosis(m): 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
ImaIma1:

If he married her as a video vixen or the likes, he should not expect much. I am talking about a responsible career. Men also work for randy female bosses. That does not mean he would stop working.
I can work with all kinds of people. If the man likes, let him be randy but he should be randy away from me.

Do you agree that a man is the head of the home?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Ishilove: 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
Acidosis:

You are on a LONG tin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Acidosis(m): 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ishilove:
You are on a LONG tin grin
grin grin So you won't accept the words of the head?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by byvan03: 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
bukatyne:

Don't let the OP hear you @ uneventful life grin

The way they practice their stay at home mom thingy is different from ours..... They volunteer at church, school, neighborhood etc., form groups for reading, discussion, sewing etc. So at the end, one is not really bored.

I agree with a balance, what do you prescribe? How can a wife have that balance?

P.S.: I really find it funny that a lot of them have blogs and TV shows.....

I remember one who was said to have built a career out of telling women not to have a career.

How are you and family?

Lol @ making a career out of telling a woman out of telling a woman not to have a career.

Sacrifices have to be made, the type that might narrow down your ambitions. Letting all go for family isn't good enough, just trim off some bits and continue juggling the balls you can . The so called balance no be come chop, sometimes you will be at your wits end but something must give , those comfortable with domestic servants can easily balance it.

Family is good dear, how are you and yours?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by ImaIma1(f): 8:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
Acidosis:

Do you agree that a man is the head of the home?

I do
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Acidosis(m): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
ImaIma1:

I do

Hmn, okay..

Since you've agreed that the man is the head of the home, I think it is just normal to trust and accept his views on matters relating to your wellbeing and the overall health of the home, especially when you claim to love him.

Not many husbands today will comfortably advise their wives against a paid job on the grounds that the children or the family as a whole needs her care and attention. When you find one that advises that, grab him by the waist, hold him, stay glued to him, tightly dear, and never let him go.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Acidosis:

Not many husbands today will comfortably advise their wives against a paid job on the grounds that the children or the family as a whole needs her care and attention. When you find one that advises that, grab him by the waist, hold him, stay glued to him, tightly dear, and never let him go.

He better be rich like dangote
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
fatymore:
The best job for a woman is Teaching.. It allows her to be always available and good role model for her children or any job that makes her available when her children comes back from school.. This society of ours is getting worse yearly.. Children are quick to imbibe bad vices easily.. May God give all parents to raise God fearing children.
My opinion though
I love this piece
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by cococandy(f): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
loveymom:

I sent you a pm cococandy
Hi.
Sorry I can't access my email .

What's it about? You don't have to go into details
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by ImaIma1(f): 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
Acidosis:

Hmn, okay..

Since you've agreed that the man is the head of the home, I think it is just normal to trust and accept his views on matters relating to your wellbeing and the overall health of the home, especially when you claim to love him.

I understand your point. However, the man is not there to lord over her and make her forgo her ambitions because of the care of the children and house. A compromise should be reached or else he will end up with a bitter or depressed wife later.

That is why a woman should be careful about who becomes her husband. Because as a head/leader, he can kill her ambitions and make her hepless and totally dependent on him. I am not a feminist but i believe women should also pursue their dreams.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 12, 2017
Acidosis:

I don't know why but I find this reason highly one sided, if the wife wants to explorer a career driven life and raise a family then its up to the couples to decide how's it's done, you make it seem like its solely the wife's done to take care of the kids all the time, Nigeria is tough as it is, one source of income is barely enough which is why couples work hard to make ends meet, I support cococandys view this is Nigeria not America, and I see nothing wrong with a woman working to also get things that she wants, also I saw another comment that the best job for a woman is a teacher shocked , its beginning to feel like as a woman when you marry your career doesn't matter anymore what matters is the family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 12, 2017
ImaIma1:

I understand your point. However, the man is not there to lord over her and make her forgo her ambitions because of the care of the children and house. A compromise should be reached or else he will end up with a bitter or depressed wife later.

That is why a woman should be careful about who becomes her husband. Because as a head/leader, he can kill her ambitions and make her hepless and totally dependent on him. I am not a feminist but i believe women should also pursue their dreams.

Exactly this bold part , I was of the opinion husband's would be proud to have a wife that is pursuing her ambitions and excelling I guess my family is different , what if the husband dies what happens to the woman and the kids ? Really a woman has to be careful of the type of husband she marries.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
cococandy:

Hi.
Sorry I can't access my email .

What's it about? You don't have to go into details

It has been sorted out, I wanted to get information on relocating to the USA.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by cococandy(f): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
loveymom:

It has been sorted out, I wanted to get information on relocating to the USA.
Okay dear
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by IreneJ: 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2017
If the husband is rich, its normal for the wife to stay at home, take care of the kids till they are grown then she can pursue her career. The truth is, if my husband is rich, I wouldn't want to work till I finish birthing my kids. I will want to give them all my attention till they are grown then I can have a career. A career woman cannot have a successful home! It is the job of a wife to take care of her home full time. Its a sacrifice you have to make for your children, because when they go astray trust me, your money won't bring them back to normal! I am talking from experience i had always wish my parent were always around. However in a situation where the man is not rich, the woman should do business. When she is into business she will have time for her family.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Joy1706(f): 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
fatymore:
The best job for a woman is Teaching.. It allows her to be always available and good role model for her children or any job that makes her available when her children comes back from school.. This society of ours is getting worse yearly.. Children are quick to imbibe bad vices easily.. May God give all parents to raise God fearing children.
My opinion though
Women like you are breaking grounds in different professions - medicine, law, engineering, politics. You're here limiting yourself to teaching (not looking down on teachers o). Can every woman in the world be a teacher?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Joy1706(f): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
Acidosis:

Hmn, okay..

So a woman becomes a mindless robotic mumu that can't think or.decide for herself again just cos she's married. Good luck with that. Just marry an ambitionless mumu and everything would be just peachy

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Joy1706(f): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
ImaIma1:

Why did you feel the need to state that you're not a feminist?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Joy1706(f): 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
IreneJ:
If the husband is rich, its normal for the wife to stay at home, take care of the kids till they are grown then she can pursue her career. The truth is, if my husband is rich, I wouldn't want to work till I finish birthing my kids. I will want to give them all my attention till they are grown then I can have a career. A career woman cannot have a successful home! It is the job of a wife to take care of her home full time. Its a sacrifice you have to make for your children, because when they go astray trust me, your money won't bring them back to normal! I am talking from experience i had always wish my parent were always around. However in a situation where the man is not rich, the woman should do business. When she is into business she will have time for her family.
A career woman cannot have a successful home? Big lie from the pit of hell. My mum did it and all 4 of her children turned out great. Just marry a man who supports you all round.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by ImaIma1(f): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
Joy1706:

Why did you feel the need to state that you're not a feminist?

Because i am not
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
double post.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
ImaIma1:

Because i am not

But why the need to emphasize you are not one to reply his comment.? I'm curious

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by ImaIma1(f): 6:00am On Oct 14, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

But why the need to emphasize you are not one to reply his comment.? I'm curious

It was not a need. I was making a point. If i were a feminist, i would have said "i am a feminist and i think women should pursue their dreams"

Why does this matter to you?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? by fatymore(f): 8:32am On Oct 14, 2017
Joy1706:

Women like you are breaking grounds in different professions - medicine, law, engineering, politics. You're here limiting yourself to teaching (not looking down on teachers o). Can every woman in the world be a teacher?
dont you get...I don't know why people don't comprehend before replying.. Mind you I am not in the teaching field.. I only said teaching job is good for a woman who wishes to take care and have time for her kids..Choose whatever profession you wish to and have all the money you can but if your kids ain't getting your attention..you have greater things to brood on than been successful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chief Iwuanyanwu 72 Marries 22year Old...could This Be Love / Getting A Divorce In A Court Registry Marriage.Lawyers' advice needed. / How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.