Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,937 members, 7,838,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC (13306 Views)

Fasoranti, Clarke, Nwodo, 13 Others Sue Buhari Over Lopsided Appointments / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / Rowdy Session At The Senate Over 'Lopsided Federal Appointments' By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC by dvee2: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2017
9jvirgin:
I supported Buhari with everything I had; opinion poll, blackberry broadcast, whatsapp broadcast, facebook post, loud noise of Sai Baba in my estate up to a point my landlord thought I was given huge money to support Buhari, my neighbors even thought I was connected to Tinubu at a point. But when I look at news like this, I have regrets supporting these guys. They run this country like its a family business. Shame!

Did u care to check what was the precedent before buhari came? If you really support buhari you would have checked that the last nnpc board has 1 northerner and 8 southerner.
Buhari approved 5 northerner and 4 southerner, who is more biase? Where are all these people when Dienzene and all others on the board except one are all southerners? O the north don't have lawyers to sue FG abi? Hypocrites
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC by dvee2: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2017
amicableamos:

then how do u want him to manage Nigeria, somebody that cannot manage aso rock clinic under his nose, until it was being ravaged by intense corruption. this government is a mess.

Only mumu will think the state house clinic is run by the president.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC by jpphilips(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
activistjohnny:
Olisa Agbakoba, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria has sued the Federal Government over what he described as “lopsided appointments” at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

According to a statement signed on Monday by his media assistant, Niyi Odunmorayo, the SAN made the allegation in a suit filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja.

In the suit, he challenged the non-inclusion of the South East of the country in appointments to the NNPC Board. The legal practitioner alleged that the appointment made by the Federal Government contravened the provisions of Section 14 of the Constitution, as well as the Federal Character Commission Act.

He stated that it was also in contravention of the “provisions of Sections 42 of the Constitution of Nigeria that prohibits discrimination of any of Nigeria’s ethnic groups such as, in this case, the South East.” Agbakoba requested the court to declare the “lopsided appointments” of board members of the South East region unconstitutional, null and void.

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/10/olisa-agbakoba-sues-fg-over-lopsided.html

At least the court will remind you that it was an Igbo manager that colluded with Capital oil ifeanyi ubah to steal 11b naira worth of products.

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC by Babacele: 12:22am On Oct 29, 2017
useless suit from a biased Senior Advocate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Babachir Lawal Leading Pro-Government Anti-Corruption Demonstration (Throwback) / Don’t Waste Your Time Going To Supreme Court, Sagay Counsels Atiku / Senators Receive Saudi Arabia Delegates At The National Assembly.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.