Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (38582 Views)

My Dad Gave Me His Blood So I Can Live And He Died - Sierra Leone Lady Recounts / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by poweredcom(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
money don loss hahaha
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:
Advice Needed Please. Help

Good morning nairalanders. I've brought a family issue which has been causing chaos and most likely will cause mayhem because great lacerations are now being involved.

My dad worked in a law firm and also had a truck that he employed an old man to handle and he paid him monthly. The truck was used in carrying commodities for people within Lagos state. The business was booming well and my dad immediately paid money to his boss's wife whom lives in Dublin with her children to get another in order to make it 2. My dad's boss is a lawyer and the legal procedures were made in order to get this vehicle down to Nigeria. The vehicle is over about 3million.

Unfortunately, the old man my dad employed had an accident with the truck and destroyed lots of properties and many people were injured. To cap it all, one person died. This stupid old man would have spent the rest of his life in jail or even sentenced to death but my dad did everything he could to get him out. The vehicle was in the police custody and it was virtually beyond repair.

My dad had no interest in this business anymore. And mind you, my dad's boss's wife hadn't bought this vehicle, as she only had the money with her. Why my dad didn't collect the money back immediately is what I can't comprehend.

Later that year, my dad got sick and passed on the following year. We called this woman after a year and she said she has bought the vehicle and she's gonna have to sell it in order to refund the money. I'm sure she's lying cause she never bought it when my dad was alive so, why would she buy it now? Of what use is it?

She and her husband, my dad's boss, were very close friends of my dad and I see no reason why they should suddenly possess such greedy trait. Even my uncles who sold my dad's personal car and used the money for themselves are not saying anything about the matter.

My mother called the husband last month and he sent 50,000 saying we should manage it that the vehicle money would come out very soon. I told my mother not to collect the money but she did because she was badly in need of money. These people are rich, so why is 3m something hard to sort out.

My mum had been calling the man making threats and I told her to calm that we can't fight them because we don't have the documents to show the transactions of the money between my dad and his boss's wife. I'm sure my dad's boss has it because my dad lived with him. Immediately my dad died, all his things in his room had been moved out by this lawyer.

Please, what do you suggest we do in a situation like this?

I guess u would have to tell her to send the truck.

but it's been 1 - 2 years, why didn't ur dad collect the money or get thebcare from the woman in dublin
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I guess u would have to tell her to send the truck.

but it's been 1 - 2 years, why didn't ur dad collect the money or get thebcare from the woman in dublin
my dad was in a state of trauma then. he didn't have time for anything because he was struggling with his health. I even created a thread concerning that in 2015. my dad attempted suicide thrice.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:
my dad was in a state of trauma then. he didn't have time for anything because he was struggling with his health. I even created a thread concerning that in 2015. my dad attempted suicide thrice.

Na wa oo.
What could have made him, a vibrant man fall into depression!

Sorry Bro.

Just tell her to send the car so u guys can clear it n sell in lagos
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Na wa oo.
What could have made him, a vibrant man fall into depression!

Sorry Bro.

Just tell her to send the car so u guys can clear it n sell in lagos
we're trying. thanks
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by enonche85(m): 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
I believe u can get the transaction details from the bank which the money was transferred from that is if u know the bank. With that u have something to make ur case. From there it's either she returns the money or produce the truck.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by enonche85(m): 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
mrphysics:

Most of those trucks are not bought in Nigeria because the cost is quite high. We have 4 of them and 4 caterpillars. The truck business doesn't give anything as the drivers always mess up the entire business. We even want to sell them off as one driver used on to kill someone and damage a car of a transport company. So I do not blame the man for taking that step.

The point is that, the man made such transactions informally. He shouldn't have done that. Now, there is no evidence to show

An evidence of transaction can be gotten from the bank the transaction was made. That is if they know the bank sha.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by LeanonGOD(m): 2:11am On Oct 12, 2017
Big Time BONEhead, if you got nothing positive to contribute Just Shut your stinking mouth. Not even a goat would ask such a stupid question- smh.
alexistaiwo:
Let me ask you a simple question.
If the role was to be reversed and it happened to be your dad owing his boss wife N3m.

Will you pay the money after the demise of your dad?
Your answer to the question will guide you through.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by LeanonGOD(m): 2:36am On Oct 12, 2017
WONDERFUL - more Wisdom.
rychard:
I've been in somewhat similar situation and I can confirm some unspoken thing here;

1) you're closer to your mum, so you listen a lot to her stories, especially about your dads family and his boss and how they treated your family. This gets you upset, but despite how angry you get you know you can't do anything because you don't have the resources, so you either question God or those who you feel should have done more, for example the first born, your elder brother, you think he is too naive and unconnected/scared to do what a first child should do. You see him as someone who knows how to ginger while in the house but lose his voice when outside the extended family.

2) everything smells like a conspiracy, you begin to hate the kids of those people involved,,any progress they make you think its someone connected to your fathers wealth, you curse your self for not knowing about the dealings of your dad, you even, secretly hate him for leaving his own family outside these transactions , and you think the current state of suffering was as a result of your Dads wrong decisions and wickedness of his friends/family.

These were the two strongest feelings I had when I faced a somewhat similar situation... But this is what I did...

1) Stop listening too much to my mum wailings, she is bittered and that's okay, but there are lots of reasons she may tell you stories that are totally unrelated to drive home her point, this late night discussions and whispers, will not only make you miserable, you won't be able to sleep or even concentrate on what matters.,and will expose you to making emotional decisions. The money isn't the reason you guys are in the situation,there are many folks whose dad died without leaving a kobo for them, they still had to strive to make it alive.

2) focus on yourself and on making more earnings for your self/family, if you earn well, in a year, N3m is chicken change. Don't make the N3m for the truck your only hope, let it be in your prayers, make a final humble appeal to the parties involved and let it go while you begin to put together small pieces of evidence on a low key, but focus more of your time, effort and resources on making money for yourself and family.

3) Play the game, Emotions cloud reasoning,and make us bitter , life in itself is a game, learn to place your iron hand in a velvet glove, move like darkness and when you hit, strike like thunder. And when you do, let it be with a smile on your face and sweet words on your lips.
I got back friendly with my uncles, I learned to smile when I was angry and cry when I was happy.. I was able to learn the family business from them, train some of my siblings and provided for my family, when it was time, I gathered evidence , engaged two of them in a lengthy legal battle recovered three properties of my family and got money to begin my own business.. Life is not a bed of roses bro... Don't wear your emotions of your face, stop worrying and start working.. It won't be easy...

This is my two cents from experience.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 12, 2017
LeanonGOD:
Big Time BONEhead, if you got nothing positive to contribute Just Shut your stinking mouth. Not even a goat would ask such a stupid question- smh.
Mynnd44
Lalasticlala.
Rule number two
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Shares Transformation Photo After Almost Committing Suicide Over Depression / Man Gifts His Wife A Benz To Ask For Her Forgiveness (Photos, Video) / Man Dumps His Blind Wife In Port Harcourt, Packs Out Of His Home With Housemaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.