Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car (18544 Views)

Refer & Earn Uo To 100k We Buy Abandoned And Damaged Car / Is It Possible To Fix This Damaged Car / 12 Tips To Tell If You’re Buying A Flood-damaged Used Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by timifakay(m): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
benitwater:
what if,it's cheaper?
Can't be if you replace all necessary parts with OEM replacement.
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by pawesome(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2017
tunesoft:
No VIN sure pass..... Take it.... Just RUN the VIN.... That I know Nigerian dealers can't change.... Thank GOD. We are so fraudulent in this country
abeg epp me to explain dis vin stuff
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by pawesome(m): 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
timifakay:

Yinmu. Though rare, it's possible.

Mad people, that's like saying checking ingredients of a product is against company policy.
Next time, just type on your phone like your are chatting.
explain dis vin tin pls
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by AutoReportNG2: 12:50am On Oct 12, 2017
viperman:

Been on our own website, Facebook page and Instagram pages. smiley

@viperautos1
[url]Facebook.com/ViperAutos[/url]

Just went through your page, quite impressive. I look forward in working with you soon.
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by timifakay(m): 2:16am On Oct 12, 2017
pawesome:
explain dis vin tin pls
VIN means vehicle Identification Number, also called Chassis Number. It is on every car and usually included in details posted when a car is put up for salvage sale on any auction website. Therefore if being sold the link to the advert will appear to give an insight what happened before the vehicle left the country it was sold branch new.
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by pawesome(m): 4:51am On Oct 12, 2017
timifakay:

VIN means vehicle Identification Number, also called Chassis Number. It is on every car and usually included in details posted when a car is put up for salvage sale on any auction website. Therefore if being sold the link to the advert will appear to give an insight what happened before the vehicle left the country it was sold branch new.
so where do u log on or wia do u use d vin to chek d vehicles condition
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by timifakay(m): 6:31am On Oct 12, 2017
pawesome:
so where do u log on or wia do u use d vin to chek d vehicles condition
Google. This will give links to auction sites it was put up for sale. You get to see basic info...
Full report costs a token. (includes, odometer reading, number of owners, pictures as it was sold etc) Someone here on nairaland does it.
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by curvilicious: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2017
erico2k2:

same as Chassis number.

Ok, thanks
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by Promarketer(m): 9:01am On Oct 12, 2017
This is really helpful
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by kunyeo(m): 11:30am On Oct 12, 2017
pls what is the process of runing a VIN check?
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by kunyeo(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2017
pls what is the process of running a VIN check?
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by Ogholohhenry: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2017
VIN - vehicle identification number

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by Mpamaegbu: 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2017
blackmann:
I once tried to copy a VIN number off a car i wanted to purchase at a dealer along Kubwa expressway. Immediately I pulled out my pen and paper and located where the number was, the dealer told me it was "against the company policy to run a VIN check". I simply walked away.

Abeg, this VIN dey where sef? Under the car abi where...
Re: 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car by blackmann(m): 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
timifakay:

Yinmu. Though rare, it's possible.

Mad people, that's like saying checking ingredients of a product is against company policy.
Next time, just type on your phone like your are chatting.

Mutuwa:

Never trust those guys..
But..you would have taken a quick snap with your phone.

I wasn't with my phone at that particular time. I had left it in the car I drove there.

Mpamaegbu:

Abeg, this VIN dey where sef? Under the car abi where...

It's usually located below the driver side wiper on the windshield. It's a combination of letters and numbers. That's the easiest place to find it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles / How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? / Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.