Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms (20686 Views)

Akpabio Names Senators, Reps Who Got Contracts / FG Cancels ALL Foreign Printing Contracts For Nigerian Passports / Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ehiscotch(m): 1:32am On Oct 12, 2017
The war of integrity between Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Ibe Kachikwu and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Group Managing Director (GMD) Dr. Maikanti Baru got more intense yesterday.

The oil giant faulted the Minister’s claim that he was not consulted on $10billion Crude Term Contracts.

The NNPC said Kachikwu made an input into the shortlisting of 40 off-takers for the Crude Term Contracts by recommending seven companies, which were engaged.

Also, the minister was said to have nominated two companies for the alleged Direct Sales, Direct Purchase (DSDP) transactions, which Kachikwu claimed were worth $5billion.

The corporation said while the Minister was its GMD, he sent a memo to the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) seeking clarification on the status of the NNPC Tenders Board.

NNPC’s position is contained in a fact-sheet apparently prepared against the backdrop of the six posers raised by loyalists of Kachikwu for GMD Baru. The Nation published the posers exclusively yesterday.

Besides the posers, the minister had in an August 30 memo to President Muhammadu Buhari alleged that he was being sidelined by the GMD.

He said: “As in many cases of things that happen in NNPC these days, I learn of transactions only through publications in the media. The question is, why is it that other parastatals which I supervise as Minister of State or Chair of their Boards are able to go through these contractual and mandatory governance processes and yet NNPC is exempt from these?”

Sources, who spoke with our correspondent, with a fact-sheet said the “posers amounted to mere academic exercise and sheer deceit by the minister”.

They claimed that the minister was consulted on most of the transactions he listed in his memo to the President, including Crude Oil Term transactions, Direct Sales, Direct Purchase (DSDP) contracts and Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline contract.

The fact-sheet said: “For record purposes, Nigerians should be aware that Kachikwu single-handedly superintended and approved the off-takers of Nigerian Crude Oil and gas for 2016/ 2017. There were no issues then.

“As for the off-takers for 2017/2018, the minister was consulted by the GMD. Out of a list of 40 off-takers, Kachikwu recommended seven firms, which were accepted by NNPC management without any issue. He initially nominated three and later added four. His judgment was respected, accepted and approved by NNPC management alongside 33 others.

“The seven off-takers he recommended are as follows: North-West Petroleum; Setana Energy; Emo Oil; Litasco Supply and Trading Company; Voyage Oil and Gas; Levene International and Cespa Trading. Since the Minister strongly recommended all these companies, we concurred with his recommendation which was based on a professional judgment. We also did not find any of the companies wanting and they met the criteria for crude lifting.

“On DSDP, the Minister also nominated two companies, Messrs Falcon Bay Energy Limited and Rain Oil Limited. The NNPC avoided all these details in its statement on Monday in order to protect the interest of these companies doing legitimate business. But Nigerians can appreciate that Kachikwu’s input was sought.

“Regarding AKK Pipeline contract, NNPC has explained that it is still in the works; it has not been awarded by the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

“There was this $9.2billion Escravos Gas Pipeline Project which the GMD did not touch in his memo to the President. Apart from discussing and reviewing it with the Board of NNPC, the GMD wrote a June 29, 2017 memo to the Presidency and after official process and consultations with the Minister, it was approved. In fact, the Minister gave the final approval in a memo of August 22, 2017, although with some reservations.

“Concerning sections 130(2) and 148(1) of the 1999 Constitution, the Minister only alluded to the powers of the President. The NNPC GMD made it clear that he obtained the approval of the President on these transactions. If the President, as the senior Minister of Petroleum Resources, has exercised his constitutional powers, what else is the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources after?

“It should be noted that NNPC and its GMD are only following the standards put in place by the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources on Crude Oil Term Contracts and other transactions. NNPC is following the same rules which the Minister put in place. But the Minister is now criticising the same rules. The only thing that has changed is that Kachikwu is not the substantive GMD of NNPC again.’

“Nigerians need to know that the Minister (while he was the GMD of NNPC) wrote a memo to the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) to seek clarifications on the financial limit of NNPC Tenders Board. And the BPP put the limit at $20million. This is what the NNPC management has been adhering to.”

When contacted, a top source in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, who is in the position to know, said NNPC was lying.

The source said: “All of the above are lies. No official documentation backing this. This and possibly more to come are vain efforts to discredit Kachikwu and cover up the damning allegations he made.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-kachikwu-got-contracts-nine-firms/amp/

2 Shares

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ehiscotch(m): 1:40am On Oct 12, 2017
This just exposes a lot of loopholes in our constitution. I think Buhari should trust Kachukwu already so he could properly perform oversight functions and not be overlooked so as not to bring up issues like this. The petroleum industry is one complex shii.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by ivandragon: 3:00am On Oct 12, 2017
these people are just muddling up the matter & trying to make it difficult for Nigerians to follow.

the contracts have been awarded to their cronies. they should just ensure they deliver.

7 Likes

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Buharimustgo: 3:16am On Oct 12, 2017
The cabal at the presidency are stark illiterates.
They can't do govt magic on this one

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Desyner: 4:02am On Oct 12, 2017
Transparency is dead in Nigeria. It is the same sharing formula for a smaller [national] cake.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Juliojoe: 4:25am On Oct 12, 2017
Gbagaun the real game have started

We are not surprised we've been expecting such allegations since last week. Until we learn to call a spade a spade in this country there won't be any Positive change in this country. In the other news they told us Buhari signed contract on sick bed in London at another it's the VP dat signed. Now somebody blew whistle the next thing is counter allegation.

7 Likes

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Chuksgeo: 5:37am On Oct 12, 2017
I wonder for these people
Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by magoo10(m): 6:32am On Oct 12, 2017
Failed tactics,every right thinking mind should know that kachikwus allegation have to be investigated first before accusing him,kachikwu is not afraid of probe but let us probe baru first before unleashing propaganda.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Voice234: 6:45am On Oct 12, 2017
Baru and the Cabal has to go. Buhari has to go. A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by dunkem21(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2017

7 Likes 46 Shares

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 12, 2017
Story for the gods. Another reason for this man to resign.

Because like it or not, they will frustrate him out of there. People like LionDeleo, Omenka, Eponojuku who are known Igbo haters are secretly waiting for it to happen. Omenka hates Igbos with passion and was praying that Army inject Igbo children with a toxic serum. Thats why most of them ran like the one in the pic below.

Especially the scrotal sac called Omenka. For him, Igbos are pigs and idiiots.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Hades2016(m): 8:46am On Oct 12, 2017
This matter tire me ooooo . I rest my case

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2017
I saw this coming. They will soon start exposing Kachikwu and his loots. His hands are not clean as well

5 Likes

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by brainpulse: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2017
It's so glaring from every indices that Kachickwu wanted to be the sole administrator of NNPC so that he cam solely influence decisions as he wants.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by eleojo23: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2017
All this ruckus shows that there is really some shady business going on in NNPC under buhari's watch.

9 Likes

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ebimor96: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
buJu234:
wait i tot that its on GEJ & Diezani that thiefs..

so Mr saint buhari & his team have also join the race of looting..

infact its like they way ahead of the others b4 them..

?

Letslive:
Jonathan's learner corruption wise unlike professor buhari who's deluding his zombies that he is fighting corruption.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ebimor96: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Geoffav:

It is unfortunate the way we use journalism to cover corruption.

Baru in his reply to Kachikwu's letter said as GMD of NNPC, he only needed to get input and approval from President Buhari, who’s also the substantive Minister of Petroleum Resources.

So, where are these recommendations from Kachikwu coming from?

I see this as part of the damage control measure to cover this humogous corruption.

This accusations need to be investigated if we are truely fighting corruption.

It should not be swept under the carpet as the other cases involving people close to the President.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by ajoskele(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
I regret the days I campaigned and voted for this government.
I have since apologized anyway.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ekeke1(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
More dramas
Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by lurther: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
LOL.......This government is the most confused and useless government.

They have been releasing statements up and down on this issue trying to cover up their stinking corruption.

I have read more than 50 statements on this missing 29 billion dollars. This guys are confused and running from pillar to post trying to cover up their mess.

What will it take Baru to publish all the contract documents on Newpapers and social medias? It would cost them less than 10million naira to publish their contracts on Tv stations and Newspaper pages. All this multiple release of statements have not answered the real 'Allegation' questions.

10 Likes

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by positivelord: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
Nmagi Akanti Baru himself admitted that he does not need NNPC Board nor Kachukwu to award contract . Another faceless group is now alleging that Baru lied, he consulted Kachukwu accordingly.
Hmm This Country eeh

4 Likes

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by saraki2019(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
what i know is that kachikwu is an igbo man, he has this biafran tendency in him, he just wanted to tarnish te image of buhari and apc government. i think it is time for buhari to kick his ass out.
why will he go on media to broadcast alleged corruption before discussing it with his superior as a state minister.
buhari should watch those close to him

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
instead make u siddon for mobil u chose this fukery. Nigeria is beyond redemption
Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Afriifa(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2017
d best way to cover ur crime is to accuse d person accusing u of such crime,, Baru, u r an Idiot

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by thinkdip(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2017
Defense mechanism, to hell with una

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ebimor96: 8:48am On Oct 12, 2017
Max24:
Why didn't Baru talk then. Campaign after elections. Nigeria is fantastically corrupt !

1 Share

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ebimor96: 8:48am On Oct 12, 2017

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ebimor96: 8:49am On Oct 12, 2017
Neyoor:
I saw this coming. They will soon start exposing Kachikwu and his loots. His hands are not clean as well

Buhari's hands are soaked in blood and corruption

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by GeeString: 8:49am On Oct 12, 2017
APC thieves.

Buhari thief.

Almajiri return our stolen $26bn

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by Ebimor96: 8:50am On Oct 12, 2017
cry
Re: NNPC: Kachikwu Got Contracts For Nine Firms by holysainbj(m): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2017
Ehiscotch:
This just exposes a lot of loopholes in our constitution. I think Buhari should trust Kachukwu already so he could properly perform oversight functions and not be overlooked so as not to bring up issues like this. The petroleum industry is one complex shii.
What are you saying
Because me I no understand you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail / Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria / APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.