Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis (23926 Views)

Dr. Maduka Distributes Free Fuel To Keke Operators In Awka / Celebration In Owerri As INEC Declares Emeka Ihedioha Winner / Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by muller101(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
EternalTruths:

Don't complain when they sign up with IPOB.
And what is my business with IPOB.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Rekyz(m): 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
eziokwubundunuwa:

I don't need to live in Owerri to be informed that it's only along these routes

Control roundabout to Hardel junction

Okigwe roundabout to Wetheral by Emmanuel college,

Amakohia to okigwe Road flyover

Warehouse to Akwakuma junction.

Keke can ply every other route for now until there is need to give further restrictions within Onitsha road, Egbu road, Port Harcourt road and Aba road.

The question is "can 300 cabs serve these routes? Come and see how stranded people are here. I couldn't get a cab from maris to fire service. Placing a ban on keke is no problem. Making little or no alternative is...
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Neddyned(m): 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
lol my Governor ! my Governor! ! fake government
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by HITTED(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2017
wellmax:

Whats there to be sorry about? Yes its Sept whatever, but they were all celebrating him, so what happened
Okorocha is a crooked politician. He sings and dances with beggars and riff-raffs just to pass the impression he's benevolent; so I don't know what he celebrated with them then. But this is the reality on ground as we speak. Keke drivers are protesting against his decision to replace them with taxis. If he was smart, he should know that decision would plunge a lot of people into depression and increase the rate of unemployment in Imo State.

If you don't believe the source, at least you should believe the pictures; they were not photoshopped.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by mechanics(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
why does the governor want to replace them, is he not happy that they managing themselves with the little income that they earn with the keke business, does he want to disengage them and see them suffering, he should think o.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by wellmax(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
HITTED:

Okorocha is a crooked politician. He sings and dances with beggars and riff-raffs just to pass the impression he's benevolent; so I don't know what he celebrated with them then. But this is the reality on ground as we speak. Keke drivers are protesting against his decision to replace them with taxis. If he was smart, he should know that decision would plunge a lot of people into depression and increase the rate of unemployment in Imo State.
If you don't believe the source, at least you should believe the pictures; they were not photoshopped.

He is crooked yet his people voted him twice.
Well that is your opinion and it belongs to the trash bin

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by UncutSk(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
this man is a damn fool_ imagine people are stranded on wetheral road because of no keke
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by HITTED(m): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
wellmax:

He is crooked yet his people voted him twice.
Well that is your opinion and it belongs to the trash bin
Ok, it just occurred to me that I've been chatting with a zombie.

Bye.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by eziokwubundunuwa: 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Rekyz:
The question is "can 300 cabs serve these routes? Come and see how stranded people are here. I couldn't get a cab from maris to fire service. Placing a ban on keke is no problem. Making little or no alternative is...

600 cabs with the existing large city buses can serve the routes with temporary rush until more cabs are introduced but you should bear in mind that to get cab or bus you will need to either trek or take Keke from Maris to the junction as is done in other organised cities or you arrange for drop taxi at higher cost.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Leopantro: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
eziokwubundunuwa:

600 cabs with the existing large city buses can serve the routes with temporary rush until more cabs are introduced but you should bear in mind that to get cab or bus you will need to either trek or take Keke from Maris to the junction as is done in other organised cities or you arrange for drop taxi at higher cost.

so in a city made up of civil servants should start paying more for transportation. afterall, with all the industries he has built the economy is booming, he said he will make owerri a small london. the 27 general hospitals alone take care of close to a quarter of the population. the water corporation is as effective as usually and all the roads in owerri have been tarred, no single port hole.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by MadCow1: 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
I remember when people swore Okadas could not be replaced.. Now na Keke.. grin

I don't like Okorocha but if he does not want Keke running inside Owerri metropolis then I say he should go for it. Those affected will move there businesses to other states where it's still allowed or move to the areas in Imo State where it's still legal.

I just hope he factored all the problems this move will cause and has provided for those problems.

1 Like

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
Na wa oh Rochas. Imolites haven't gotten over the pain he inflicted on people by demolishing the eke ukwo market in Owerri now he has ban keke operation in owerri, this policy will only trow people into poverty and crime. Over here in LAFIA 2 days ago I entered a keke only to discovered that the man (the lake rider) knows no where around town when I asked him why he said he just relocated with his keke from Imo state following the ban on tricycle operation in the state capital. I really condemn this action.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by eziokwubundunuwa: 10:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
Gov. Rochas Okorocha to the protesting Keke Operators today in His govt House villa Owerri...

Ndi Keke mu(my own Keke people), when I heard you people are protesting, I said to my stewards let them in, I wanted you people to come closer to your Governor, this place is called people's House... It's your house as well...
You guys are welcome, to be sincere with you, am totally disappointed that those am trying to elevate are the ones protesting against my good wish for them...

I banned keke so that you people will be rich, at least you people will now stop collecting 50naira to 100naira.. I was thinking it will be the masses that will even protest, please you all should go home and make sure you come out tomorrow 13-10-2017 and stay with our guest the President of South Africa...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masari And Tambuwal On A Condolence Visit To Tinubu Over Death Of His Son, Jide / "I Cannot Thank You Enough For Being My Pillar Of Support" - Sanwo-olu To Wife / Wike To Pay N20m To Families Of Policemen & Soldiers Killed By IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.