Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara (19486 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia / Okorocha: I Erect Statues Because History Is Dying In Africa / Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by dre11(m): 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2018
By Steve Uzoechi 

Governor Rochas Okorcha of Imo state has announced that he would erect three more statues.

He made this known when he addressed newsmen in Owerri, the Imo state capital on the letters written by both ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida.

The governor informed that Imo state has lined up activities to mark its 42 anniversary and will also host the Imo Merit Award where 42 persons shall be honoured.

He listed Chief Sam Mbakwe; Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and Dr. Michael Okpara for special post-humous recognition. The trio, whose statues would be erected, would be bestowed with the highest award of the state.

The award committee will be headed by the Speaker of the Imo state House of Assembly. Imo was created in 1976.

Commenting on the letters, Governor Okorocha said no amount of letters can stop President Muhammadu Buhari from running for President in 2019 if indeed he has resolved to seek re-election.

He described as the politics of missives by the country’s elites said that the memo from Chief Olusegun Obasanjo to President Buhari was a high-level memo that required a high-level answer.

“This is a letter from one General to another, and from a former President to a seating President. We do not dabble into their conversations because they know how to convey their messages to one another beyond the obvious.

So we should not cry more than the bereaved. However, I know for sure that if indeed President Buhari has resolved to seek re-election in 2019, Obasanjo’s letter would not stop him.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/02/just-okorocha-plans-erect-three-statues/
Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by SUPERPACK: 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2018

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Evablizin(f): 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
shocked

In the land of Imo,and a time of statue,the destiny of great Imo rests on the shoulders of a statue builder. His name is.........OKOROSTATUE.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
shocked

For posting this news on NL, Okorocha reasoning Dre11's matter now

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by BlackDBagba: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
grin
Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Treasure17(m): 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
Well-done sir. Not surprise cause that's your area of specialization. The Lord is your strength.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by emeijeh(m): 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ekwueme!
Ekwueme!

You are the living God o.....
Eze no one like you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by pyyxxaro: 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
When would he errect Buhari's own cool

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Blakjewelry(m): 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
Make una send the guy my pictures make he add my own

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by DaniDani(m): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nawao! Seriously the gods are to be blamed. Anyway thank God he's erecting statues of his people unlike Jacob zuzuma statue.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
With our money?Ah it is not fair at all.Despite all the criticisms he has received he still wants to continue.Well if he does these ones are Nigerians and not the foreigners he erected for before.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Firefire(m): 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
Good move...

Dividend of democracy! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by obafemee80(m): 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
Imo State ...

The Centre Of Statues grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Iruobean(m): 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
K
Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by eliadekx(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2018
This time Na in mama him go mod
Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by pol23: 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2018
I will be home on Saturday.
You come take the measurement.
I will prefer a Gold statue.
If I could get indiana Jones koboko,this guy deserve some for brain reset.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by ekems2017(f): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2018
Okorocha pls remember me when erecting your statue

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by MrMoney007: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
it has been scientifically proven that men with erectile dysfunction tends to erect at least a statue.

In Okorocha's case, he's got no scrotum, no testes, no vas defrens, no urethra, he does all excretion through his shithole and pee by vomiting through his vocal cavity

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Trump4ril: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nepotism Smelling All Over Nigeria
===========================
"Words of Dr. Junaid Mohammed a northern ethno-religious irredentist.
“Let me say straight away that whether one calls it a cabal or a mafia or power within the presidency under Buhari, whatever you say it is; it is, and a lot worse. First, the most influential person in the presidency today is one Mamman Daura whom as you know, is a nephew of the president. His father was Buhari’s elder brother. In addition, Mamman Daura was the one who single-handedly brought up Abba Kyari, the current chief of staff to the president. In fact, Abba Kyari knows Mamman Daura more than he knows his own father.
“Next, the personal assistant to Buhari himself is the son of Mamman Daura, next is the State Chief of Protocol (SCOP), and is also a son-in-law to Mamman Daura because he is married to Mamman Daura’s daughter. Next, the minister they unilaterally chose, against the interest of the party and against the wishes of Sokoto people, happens to be the daughter of the younger sister of Mamman Daura’s wife. Both of them are daughters of Sultan Dasuki, who was sacked by General Abacha. We have the aide-de-camp to Buhari himself, Colonel Abubakar. He is married to the granddaughter of one of Buhari’s elder sisters. Next we have the woman who represents Kaduna in the Federal Executive Council, she is a cousin to Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai. It is a well known that el-Rufai is one of the closest governors to Muhammadu Buhari.
“Next, we have the Minister for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The Minister of the FCT is the man called Musa Bello, who used to be the Managing Director of the Northern Nigeria Development Corporation, which used to be the biggest holding company that belonged to all the northern states. His only qualification to be the FCT minister is the fact that his father has been Buhari’s friend over the years. Now, there is a young man called Sabiu Yusuf, nicknamed Tunde – probably because of the late General Tunde Idiagbon. He is another PA to President Buhari. He is also a grandson of another sister of Buhari.
“This is enough to prove to you that this is shamelessly the worst form of nepotism in the history of government in Nigeria. In fact, in the history of Africa, let me make bold to assert that I have never seen any level of nepotism that has equalled or surpassed this in my entire life – I am now in my 67th year. Another thing I also want you to know is that Amina Zakari, who was and is still a national commissioner in the Independent National Electoral Commission representing the entire seven states in the North-west; it is being claimed that Buhari knows nothing about her appointment (before he became the president), it is a lie.
“When President Goodluck Jonathan was reorganising INEC and he was bringing in Prof. Attahiru Jega, he reached out to Buhari and asked him to nominate somebody from the North-west so that, that person would be a national commissioner. Of all the people in the North-west, Buhari decided to nominate his own niece, the daughter of his elder sister – Amina Zakari. She has been there; when Jega left, Buhari was determined to make her the chairman, it was because of the massive backlash that he dropped the idea like hot potatoes. As we are talking today, that woman is a national commissioner which means she is one of the principal members of the election umpire.
“Throughout my reading of history, political science and social sciences generally, I have never heard of any dictator or any tyrant under any system of government whether totalitarian or fascist, appointing his own niece to conduct elections in which he was either a party or going to be a party to; Buhari has done that. The immediate younger brother to Amina Zakari is currently the Minister for Water Resources representing Jigawa State in the same Buhari government. In addition, even though they are from Kazaure, Kazaure is contiguous to Daura. The eldest sister of both of them is now the Commissioner for Education in the All Progressives Congress government in Jigawa State. If this is not nepotism, then I don’t know what nepotism is. For somebody who had the guts and the brutal arrogance to appoint these relations, not bothered about public opinion, about the sense of justice, and about competence, then you can see that he has a very serious question to answer.”
God is watching

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
Chai.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by ciopnigeria: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
Angel Michael Please blow the trumpet.....bikonu

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
Oh lawd! Not again...

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by simons17(m): 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
What a plan.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by rickyrex(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
He should just leave some space where him and buhari will be erected after been kicked out 2019

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by wunmi590(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
I was actually expecting it, because if he has not erect lalasticlala, Seun and buhari statues, is just like doing nothing. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Hapigirlxoxo(f): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nawa oo. What's his own na, is that why he was elected?
Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Alariiwo: 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
Won't he erect for Abiola, Victor Banjo and co?

Rochas should park well o
Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
RIDE ON SIR, WE NAIRALAND ARE WITH YOU

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by kingsaif(m): 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
grin
Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by pweshboi(m): 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2018
pyyxxaro:
When would he errect Buhari's own cool
lolz guy

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by kazzy4u(m): 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2018
Dem use statue do dis short man
Re: Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara by kings09(m): 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
He should nt forget d fulani cows

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: APC Planning To Freeze Atiku, Saraki, Wike, Others - Timi Frank / Kwara APC Governorship Candidate Escape Assassination / Unconfirmed Report Indicates Shekau’s ‘capture’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.