Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank (749 Views)

"The North Never Told Us They Do Not Like Suffering And Poverty" - Fani Kayode / What President Buhari Told Ekweremadu, South-East Governors / Why Buhari Is The Only World Leader Invited By ICC — Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by joeyfire(m): 6:20am On Oct 13, 2017
The President of the World Bank Group, Jim Yong Kim , said on Thursday that the bank had concentrated on the northern region of Nigeria in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s request. Kim and the Managing Director , International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde , who spoke at separate press conferences in Washington DC, United States , also advised Buhari to invest in things that would enhance economic growth.

Kim said , “ You know, in my very first meeting with President Buhari he said specifically that he would like us to shift our focus to the northern region of Nigeria and we ’ ve done that . Now, it has been very difficult. The work there has been very difficult. “ I think Nigeria , of course , has suffered from the dropping oil prices . I think things are just now getting better. But the conversation we need to have with Nigeria, I think , is in many ways related to the theme that I brought to the table just this past week, which is investment in human capital . The percentage of the Gross Domestic Product that Nigeria spends on healthcare is less than one percent. ”

He added , “ Despite that, there is so much turbulence in the northern part of the country , and there is the hit that was taken from the drop in the oil prices . Nigeria has to think ahead and invest in its people. Investing in the things that will allow Nigeria to be a thriving rapidly growing economy in the future is what the country has to focus on right now . ”

punchng.com/buhari-asked-us-to-focus-on-northern-nigeria-wbank/
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by erunz(m): 6:21am On Oct 13, 2017
Source abeg
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by rawpadgin(m): 6:21am On Oct 13, 2017
n
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by joeyfire(m): 6:22am On Oct 13, 2017
erunz:
Source abeg
Done
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by Johnson799(m): 6:22am On Oct 13, 2017
U c wah bubu has caused nw?
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by Oksman(m): 6:23am On Oct 13, 2017
joeyfire:
The President of the World Bank Group, Jim Yong Kim , said on Thursday that the bank had concentrated on the northern region of Nigeria in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s request. Kim and the Managing Director , International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde , who spoke at separate press conferences in Washington DC, United States , also advised Buhari to invest in things that would enhance economic growth.

Kim said , “ You know, in my very first meeting with President Buhari he said specifically that he would like us to shift our focus to the northern region of Nigeria and we ’ ve done that . Now, it has been very difficult. The work there has been very difficult. “ I think Nigeria , of course , has suffered from the dropping oil prices . I think things are just now getting better. But the conversation we need to have with Nigeria, I think , is in many ways related to the theme that I brought to the table just this past week, which is investment in human capital . The percentage of the Gross Domestic Product that Nigeria spends on healthcare is less than one percent. ”

He added , “ Despite that, there is so much turbulence in the northern part of the country , and there is the hit that was taken from the drop in the oil prices . Nigeria has to think ahead and invest in its people. Investing in the things that will allow Nigeria to be a thriving rapidly growing economy in the future is what the country has to focus on right now . ”

punchng.com/buhari-asked-us-to-focus-on-northern-nigeria-wbank/

grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by dannytoe(m): 6:24am On Oct 13, 2017
K
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by erunz(m): 6:26am On Oct 13, 2017
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by joeyfire(m): 6:26am On Oct 13, 2017
Any southerner that still supports or defends that corrupt, bitter old clueless bigot in Aso Rock is either a brainwashed mumu or an accursed self hating sellout. Unfortunately buhari will win in 2019 because the north will vote for him en masse and southerners are just too easy to divide.

Me I dey go apply for Benin Republic passport. I will see you all in 2023 grin
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by myboy2010(m): 6:29am On Oct 13, 2017
k
Re: Buhari Told Us To Focus On The North Only- World Bank by Mynd44: 6:29am On Oct 13, 2017

(1)

Evans’ Girlfriend Amaka Offor Breaks Silence On Her Alleged ‘rape’ By Policemen / Increase In Fuel Price: Buhari Replies Jonathan / Rev. Ejike Mbaka Is Giving Scholarship To The Less Priviledged.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.