Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) (23057 Views)

Atiku In Enugu, Meets Igbo Leaders / IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace / Governor Ganduje Meets Igbo Leaders In Kano, Assures Them Of Peace & Safety (2) (3) (4)

Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by stephenduru: 6:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
President Buhari Assures South East of  Key Transportation Infrastructure - Coastal Railway, East West Road

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday assured stakeholders from the South East that the region will benefit more from roads and coastal rail projects, which are of critical importance to the economy.

Speaking at an audience with leaders from the region led by the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, the President declared that 2nd Niger Bridge, the East-West Road and the Coastal rail project, are receiving utmost attention from his administration.

The President said counterpart funding from the Chinese government would substantially fund these projects, which when completed will improve the welfare, well-being and economy of the people in the region.

"I know the Chinese are very competent in handling such projects and we will ensure that we get the money for the projects to take off.

I thank you for articulating your demands and I want to assure that we are doing our best for the country. If we can stop people from stealing, then there will be more resources to put into projects that will create employment for Nigerians,’’ the President said.

Responding to allegations of under-representation of Igbos in his government, the President said: `` I gave south-east four substantive ministers in the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Investment, Science and Technology and Labour.

"Seven states in the North got Ministers of State and of the two Ministries headed by your sons, I cannot take any decision on foreign policy and investments without their input,’’ he said.

The President also promised the leaders, comprising governors and ministers from the region, the President of Ohaneze, Chief Nnia Nwodo and representatives from the National Assembly, that he will visit states in the zone soon.

I want to assure you that I came into government with a clear conscience and I will also leave with a clear conscience,’’ he said.

Earlier, the President of Ohaneze, while articulating the demands of the zone to the President highlighted the issue of state creation, restructuring, federal projects in the South East namely Enugu-Onitsha road, Enugu-Port Harcourt road and Aba-Ikot-Ekpene road, among others.

Nwodo also demanded urgent presidential interventions on the Enugu Airport, reticulation of the gas-pipelines in the South East and the standard gauge plan for railway construction.
Commending the President’s remarkable achievements on security and the fight against corruption, Nwodo declared: ``we are ready to work with you. We are determined to work with you. We know you are a decisive leader and we know God will continue to give you the wisdom to govern Nigeria.’’

Also speaking, Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State expressed satisfaction on the outcome of their discussions with the President on critical issues and topics affecting the region.

"You have no hatred for any state. You have treated all states with equality. What one state gets in the north, the other gets in the south,’’ the governor said, referring to budget support facility and stabilisation fund released to states and local governments since the inception of the administration.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/10/president-buhari-meets-igbo.html?m=1

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by SirBlack999(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ok. After all said, when's work starting?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by crackerspub: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
Buhari "King in the North"

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by UbanmeUdie: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2017

President of mumuism!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by mpianya39(m): 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
want to assure you that I came into government with a clear conscience and I will also leave with a clear conscience,’’ he said.

Trash undecided undecided undecided

Biafra must come cool

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Bari22: 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
gud
Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by bolanto24(m): 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
Super story.

Believe Buhari at your own peril.

But this is what he should've been doing immediately he was sworn in to unite the country.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
Osinbajo is an evil snake, see how he dresses in black

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by chernest2002: 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
I think buhari is now learning how to be responsible. But a little late.

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2017
Let them be aware that Biafrans

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Flashh: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
Those people hates you. Hope you know that?

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by RobinHez(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday assured stakeholders from the South East that the region will benefit more from roads and coastal rail projects, which are of critical importance to the economy.

... We that are not in the South East are not benefiting anything from any economy. Which one is now the "benefit more" he's promising? Abi campaign for 2019 don start?

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by IgedeBushBoy(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nice one presido, the country needs to be united. Deliver change to them as promised. Work, work, work, work, work, and work. I trust you to bring back the Old Glory

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Nonybb: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
Why would someone wake up every morning and his job is to defend Buhari in every mistake he has made, especially the Southerners of Yorubas and Middlebeltans, even when he has presented it unequivocally, unambiguously, clearly, unashamedly, vocally, plainly, consistently through his body language that he doesn't like, accept, desire, care, recommend, love you Southern infidels who are nothing but a waste of breathing oxygen and dispensable slaves.

Buhari is foolishly wise. Do you incorrigible and dispensable Southern slaves think Buhari would make his agenda wildly open if not painted with an obscured ambition and secrecy which are major privy of caliphate. If he doesn't do that, it would be a direct attack at his persons. So therefore he must involve diplomacy, stratagem, deception, conniving to vaguely display an ulterior motive of outwit and marginalization of a segment of the country.

Even Idi Amin loved his enemies, and never made it glare to their face that he stood for vengeance and witch hunt. But Buhari is a character; a maximum ruler with an outdated level of absolutism
He is everything short of a president but a conqueror and succour to Hausa-Fulani creedal obsession.

Even Charles Taylor through his ethnic cleansing of the Native Liberians never admitted that he was the one that sent for their destruction during that country's civil war, but Buhari has premeditated an outright political attrition of Ndigbo and southerners in general in a manner most definite to his targets. Who can heal this anomaly?

If a southern president is finally positioned, would he not be presented with the same injustice against his people when Buhari was in charge? Can the cycle ever get not to be discontinued assuming Buhari is paying back for Goodluck Jonathan's misdeeds against the present north when he was in charge? I drop my pen

_Apologist Azolike Nonso Afamefuna. Political Apologist of the minorities and the victims of the oppressive Gambarian Born-To-Rule Schools of thought

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by eleojo23: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
chernest2002:
I think buhari is now learning how to be responsible. But a little late.

Strategic timing for 2019...

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by emmabest2000(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
At long last

This meeting wouldn’t have hold if there was no Kanu in the picture

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Badonasty(m): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
stephenduru:
President Buhari Assures South East of  Key Transportation Infrastructure - Coastal Railway, East West Road

Speaking at an audience with leaders from the region led by the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, the President declared that 2nd Niger Bridge, the East-West Road and the Coastal rail project, are receiving utmost attention from his administration.

The President said counterpart funding from the Chinese government would substantially fund these projects, which when completed will improve the welfare, well-being and economy of the people in the region.

"I know the Chinese are very competent in handling such projects and we will ensure that we get the money for the projects to take off.

I thank you for articulating your demands and I want to assure that we are doing our best for the country. If we can stop people from stealing, then there will be more resources to put into projects that will create employment for Nigerians,’’ the President said.

Responding to allegations of under-representation of Igbos in his government, the President said: `` I gave south-east four substantive ministers in the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Investment, Science and Technology and Labour.

"Seven states in the North got Ministers of State and of the two Ministries headed by your sons, I cannot take any decision on foreign policy and investments without their input,’’ he said.

The President also promised the leaders, comprising governors and ministers from the region, the President of Ohaneze, Chief Nnia Nwodo and representatives from the National Assembly, that he will visit states in the zone soon.

I want to assure you that I came into government with a clear conscience and I will also leave with a clear conscience,’’ he said.

Earlier, the President of Ohaneze, while articulating the demands of the zone to the President highlighted the issue of state creation, restructuring, federal projects in the South East namely Enugu-Onitsha road, Enugu-Port Harcourt road and Aba-Ikot-Ekpene road, among others.

Nwodo also demanded urgent presidential interventions on the Enugu Airport, reticulation of the gas-pipelines in the South East and the standard gauge plan for railway construction.
Commending the President’s remarkable achievements on security and the fight against corruption, Nwodo declared: ``we are ready to work with you. We are determined to work with you. We know you are a decisive leader and we know God will continue to give you the wisdom to govern Nigeria.’’

Also speaking, Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State expressed satisfaction on the outcome of their discussions with the President on critical issues and topics affecting the region.

"You have no hatred for any state. You have treated all states with equality. What one state gets in the north, the other gets in the south,’’ the governor said, referring to budget support facility and stabilisation fund released to states and local governments since the inception of the administration.

cc; Lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/10/president-buhari-meets-igbo.html?m=1

Kanu no be elder ni
Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by JoshMedia: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
Well done Oga Buhari.

Nice work sir

Check my signature

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by nawtyme: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
The only people worth standing there are Enyinnaya Abaribe and ike Ekweremadu. All others should hide their heads in shame.
Imagine Ngige going to a meeting to discuss Igbo welfare. Is that not foolishness? They should have invited El Rufai or Kwankwaso instead.

See how confused Okezie is.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Akinz0126(m): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
why osibande dey always put on black now?

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by deepwater(f): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by kagari: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
Come update your agric farm produce / foodstuff price , market and location or state.

https://www.nairaland.com/4104935/general-market-food-price-weekly
Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Frankbaro(m): 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nothing good will come out of this gathering

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Coldfeets: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
Why is Nnamdi not in the picture?

Does it mean he's still afraid to face the Sudan king called Jubril like a man?

Nnamdi sef.
Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
sad grin smiley cool wink cool Igbos/BIAFRA IS DEAD.
Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Abeyjide: 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
GenBuhari:
Osinbajo is an evil snake, see how he dresses in black

those on white and other colours are what?

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by cristianisraeli: 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
cc; Lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/10/president-buhari-meets-igbo.html?m=1[/quote]

politics..they all pretend to like each other and while buhari is telling the IMF to focus on the north..lol

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kool
Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Tamass: 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
mpianya39:
want to assure you that I came into government with a clear conscience and I will also leave with a clear conscience,’’ he said.

Trash undecided undecided undecided

Biafra must come cool
Nonsense...come and bring it let me see

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Legendaryarcher(f): 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
I love this igbo red cap smiley

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by SmartMugu: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
Unless this is Photoshop, this looks like the same Buhari to me. Why do people say the new Buhari is one Jubril from Sudan? Somebody must be mad somewhere, and I'm sure it's not me.

Re: Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) by Throwback: 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2017
These are the recognised leaders of the SouthEast and Igbo people. We have elected state governors, elected legislators, socio-cultural-political group leaders and senior members of the federal executive present at this meeting.

These are the people that every civilised and democratic society and the UN accept as representing the aspirations of their people and can make demands on their behalf.

Unlike one lunatic suffering from acute megalomania, and demanding that he must be given a date for referendum and declaring his own wisdom as supreme while tagging the rest as idiots and pigs.

Good riddance to the hunchback dictator.

Ban On Weekly Markets: Kaduna Govt Has Imposed Death Penalty On Us – Residents / Falana To Buhari: Don't Let Police Disrupt Upcoming #EndSARS Protest / Post-civil War Indigenization Policy And Its Far-reaching Consequences