Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy (21559 Views)

Davido Poses With Angelique Kidjo In South Africa As Fans Slam Him Over Tagbo / Davido And Caroline Danjuma Invited By Police Over Tagbo Umeike’s Death / Davido Reacts To Caroline Danjuma's Allegations Over Tagbo's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by maclatunji: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2017
Nigerian Music star, David Adeleke popularly known as "Davido" has cancelled a show in Zimbabwe meant to have held on Friday night after Nigerian police reinvited him to explain what he knows of his friend, Tagbo Umeike's death. The police are also interested in getting information from Davido on a separate incidence where 2 of his friends Olugbemiga Abiodun a.k.a. DJ Olu and Chime Amechina were found dead in a car at Ocean Parade, Banana Island, Ikoyi.

All of this meant that Davido could not be in Zimbabwe as scheduled for the launch of Jah Prayzah's Kutonga Kwaro album launch at Harare International Conference Center. Spokesman for the event organizers Dee Nosh claimed that Davido's team had given them assurances that he would attend, telling Zimbabwean media:

“When we learnt that Davido was picked for questioning by the police we continuously got in touch with his camp and we were being told everything was under control that even part of his advance team had already left Lagos,” Dee Nosh said.

“As the concert organisers we were also optimistic that he will make it for the launch, but it’s unfortunate that due to circumstances beyond his or our control he will not be part of us tonight as initially scheduled.”

The organizers of the show slashed the ticket price from $20 to $10 and got some local acts as replacements. However, they are appealing to those fans who bought tickets specifically to see Davido to wait for a make-up show that is scheduled for the future. They explained it thus: “For those who had purchased tickets specifically to see Davido in action if they decide not to come tonight they can keep their tickets for another Jah Prayzah and Davido concert coming soon.”

This goes to show that things are not going too well for Davido as the recent troubles threaten to stifle his career even if he avoids any criminal proceedings related to the death of his friends.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/davido-cancels-zimbabwe-show-tagbo-controversy/

2 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Tweetysparkles(f): 9:26am On Oct 14, 2017
ehya... they just wanna rop the guy but keep the ticket for what again? na to refund the money sure pass oo lipsrsealed God please see Davido through these test of time. Amen

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by maclatunji: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2017
Police have 'Da Omo Baba Olowo Duro'.

Sometimes you don't know what to say about this people but suffice to say that all of this wahala is avoidable with a quiet decent life ceteris paribus.

20 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by veekid(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ah no be froggy fan nor any funny sound; buh I don't know why I dey feel sorry for this guy

3 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by NGBlogger: 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
cheesy Bless up bro.

Meanwhile see the trending report >> Bedroom leaked photos of Asp, amina, alleged concubine to igp
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by kay29000(m): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bloggers and the way they make up stories. Davido has nothing to do with DJ Olu and Chime's deaths. This is like police naming me a suspect in a friend's death all because the deceased was my friend. It makes no sense.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by ekems2017(f): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hmmmm. God will see you through if you are innocent

4 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Jostico: 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
would he have continued?
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by maklelemakukula(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
Be strong
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Iyelinkonomilo(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
All hands on deck to wreck Davido.
It's aiit.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by MillionDollars: 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
So the deads didn't ave other friends other than Davido, abi why's the pressure so much on davido

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by 9japrof(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
nigga your hands might be innocent buh the only thing I have against you is that you could have done more as a friend. if no be say you were called out, and the tagbo family are rich people in the society, this case would have been swept under the carpet.

Davido you are a human and not God, so it's normal that every human have their trying times once in a while...

8 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by nairaman66(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
SOrry oh!
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by kagari: 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
Davido all I got to say is be strong, after the storm comes the rain to wash away the past only if you innocent

https://www.nairaland.com/4104935/general-market-food-price-weekly

2 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Michaelpresh(m): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
If your hands are clean, go on and live your life PERIOD.
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Sirheny007(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by SalamRushdie: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
Alcohol and it's attendant problems ahh..I remember when I used ball a lot and how I always got into unnecessary trouble from meaningless accidents to destiny altering sexual encounters to abduction and many troubles no man needs ..Trouble always lurks anywhere there is abundant alcohol so young men need to stay work...

6 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Donaltus: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
Kosi pressure
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by kay29000(m): 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
Sirheny007:

kay29000
How many times??

LMAO! I just updated tho.
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Romanreign2(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Nothing to worry about..........OBO
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by lenghtinny(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Tough times don't last angry
You will surely pull through baddest..

1 Like

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by ThatFairGuy: 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
In another life when Davido heard Tagbo grin grin

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Sirheny007(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
kay29000:

LMAO! I just updated tho.

grin grin
make i remove your name as usual cheesy

1 Like

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by kay29000(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
Sirheny007:

grin grin
make i remove your name as usual cheesy

Lol! cool
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by donblade85555(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
davido is innocent oh....you guys should leave the poor boy Alone oh

anyway for funny jokes and riddles that will make you laugh like a mad man visit www.laughkillme.com
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
Tweetysparkles:
ehya... they just wanna rop the guy but keep the ticket for what again? na to refund the money sure pass oo lipsrsealed God please see Davido through these test of time. Amen

What you should be asking for is justice to be done. The same justice that will set him free if he is innocent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by 9japrof(m): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
Sirheny007:

kay29000
How many times??

guyman wetin be your own, na your space ? be like say I go ring bobrisky make she cause you

1 Like

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
Maybe I should go and replace him

I'm not feeling fine o
Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by hlemon: 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by AkupeMBANO(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
davido, python dance and IPOB news has made Nigerians forget that APC government has not achieved anything.

4 Likes

Re: Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy by Yinxies(f): 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
Okay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Am Not Yet Married – Kiddwaya / 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses / Ayo Adesanya Celebrates Her 46th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.